• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Omg I wonder why TR changed their name? ( To Rainbow TR)

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
If Team Rocket does ever come back? They were confirmed to be in USUM, so there is no “if”.

I said "if" because my theory in that post is that this is a reenactment based on your ash cap pikachu. for example you bring hoenn cap pikachu then team magma/aqua appears (based on version or both teams appear) and battle you, if you bring sinnoh cap team galatic grunts appear.

But in the end none of them are the team coming back, just a fun cameo event for your event pikachu.

future.newyorker

I said "if" because my theory in that post is that this is a reenactment based on your ash cap pikachu. for example you bring hoenn cap pikachu then team magma/aqua appears (based on version or both teams appear) and battle you, if you bring sinnoh cap team galatic grunts appear.

But in the end none of them are the team coming back, just a fun cameo event for your event pikachu.

I don’t buy into this theory. It’s a cop out. But I don’t really believe the whole “evil team leaders are returning” either. But I am thoroughly glad that Team Rocket is coming back.

Rio!

Composer
I really do hope gen 8 lays off Kanto. Seriously.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Omg I wonder why TR changed their name? ( To Rainbow TR)

I don’t think they changed their name yet. “Rainbow Rocket” could’ve just been a code the Chinese leaker used due to them having rainbows instead of just plain red

.Aerodactyl.

I really do hope gen 8 lays off Kanto. Seriously.

I'm kind of okay with the Kanto references. I found X/Y and Sumo still referenced other gens enough that it wasn't overwhelming (we did get all Kanto Alolan forms though. Which is what it is). I'm not gonna lie though, I really did believe we'd get Johto Alolan Forms. I was of the camp that because of the VC releases and the little picture with the unknown spelling out "Sun and Moon" that it was some kind of tease. I mean, we still might, I haven't taken it off the table completely, it just seems less likely to me now than before.

john90

Guys, whatever team Rocket is in Alola for, stop calling the leaks coincidence.
Team Rocket on a rainbow!
That's too much for a coincidence. No one, really, would be so dumb to predict something like that. It's like fanfiction, I was the first to think it was so dumb to be real. But hey...

Thure

So... why should they take over Lusamine's mansion? That's don't fit the Ash Pikachu event...

future.newyorker

There are also two more flaws in your theory, and quite major ones at that. If this theory hinges on the evil team appearing based on the Cap Pikachu you take to Pikachu Valley, what happens when you take Alola Cap Pikachu to Pikachu Valley? Nothing? Because Skull, Aether, and URS are already in Alola. And the even bigger flaw, the I Choose You Cap Pikachu, the one most closely related to USUM since you can only redeem it in USUM, has no evil team associated with it.

Aetius

In the latest trailer we saw Lusamine on the ground.

It is possible she gets incapacitated by something completely different.

Yes, but said scene could be happening before or after what was shown in the screenshot I mentioned above.
Sorry, at the moment I can't remember on what page it was here on Serebii...

Admittedly, I did not see the mansion until after I made that post. Though, can we really be certain that's the mansion at Aether Paradise? It's a pretty low-quality image. We could either be misinterpreting it, or it's just a re-use of assets. And still, my point stands. This is not confirmation, just evidence.

The main door seems to belong to Lusamine's villa.
Not only that, but the windows, balcony and overall layout, seems to coincide.

Last edited:

kemal07

Wouldn’t it be amazing if the Pokemon League in Alola had like one of those portals, where each time we went to challenge the league it would be a random choice of one of the leagues each time. For example we go into challenge the League and the ultra space warps the league turning it into one of the regional leagues giving us a way to challenge all the elite four / champion leagues of the regions up till now.
And maybe a PWT like feature at the battle tree where we challenge all gym leaders like the one in Bw2

ShadowForce720

It lines up with rumor, but that does not mean the rumor is confirmed. Something can be heavily evidenced, but not confirmed. Coincidences, lucky guesses, and partial accuracy are always possibilities until we get actual confirmation. Also, there have been leaks in the past that get some stuff right and some stuff wrong. I believe one of the major Sun and Moon leaks did this.

Admittedly, I did not see the mansion until after I made that post. Though, can we really be certain that's the mansion at Aether Paradise? It's a pretty low-quality image. We could either be misinterpreting it, or it's just a re-use of assets. And still, my point stands. This is not confirmation, just evidence.

Yes we can be certain because the image that is showing the building is not that bad of a quality to where it's blurry, it's good enough to were we can make out what most of the building looks like and if you compare it to Aether Mansion it pretty much matches up to it.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The fact Team Rocket is in the game made me more hyped than I ever was. I can't wait to see who the admins and leader are, will the HGSS gang make a comeback? Or will it be completely new admins? I can't wait to see!

*polite cough*

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

If Kanto gets the spotlight here and nobody else, I'll be bored. I've seen typical rocket members enough, and sure they're now the living representation of the Pride flag, but if the Rainbow doesn't mean anything massive and just means they have an ounce more technology, I will be sorely disappointed. If we bring other regional enemies into it then it adds an entirely new dynamic to the mix, something that we never even dreamed of seeing. It would be fresh, new, and huge for the franchise. The overall success would depend on the execution, but other regional enemies showing up in this huge team would at least scale the hype up to ridiculously huge lengths.

-----

I was just thinking. SM's codename was "rainbow". While USUM's was technically indeed "Stars" and not the former, the name "rainbow" in Rocket's name would imply that it could be a veiled reference to the parallel universe theory - thus supporting enemies coming from parallel universes to join this team. I'm probably over-analysing but whatever.

Psychic69

I was just thinking. SM's codename was "rainbow". While USUM's was technically indeed "Stars" and not the former, the name "rainbow" in Rocket's name would imply that it could be a veiled reference to the parallel universe theory - thus supporting enemies coming from parallel universes to join this team. I'm probably over-analysing but whatever.

I think that was just because Hawaii is the "rainbow state", some of the earlier concept art had rainbows on license plates, just like in Hawaii. So since they're still in Alola, it's still appropriate for them to be called Rainbow Rocket. But it also seems to imply seven different teams coming together (Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Galactic, Plasma, Flare, and I'm assuming Aether), so you're probably right.

I think that was just because Hawaii is the "rainbow state", some of the earlier concept art had rainbows on license plates, just like in Hawaii. So since they're still in Alola, it's still appropriate for them to be called Rainbow Rocket. But it also seems to imply seven different teams coming together (Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Galactic, Plasma, Flare, and I'm assuming Aether), so you're probably right.

Hmm, that actually makes sense.
Red: Magma
Orange: Flare
Yellow: Aether
Green: Plasma
Blue: Aqua
Indigo/Violet: Galactic
Black/the one uniting them all: Rocket

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Guys, whatever team Rocket is in Alola for, stop calling the leaks coincidence.
Team Rocket on a rainbow!
That's too much for a coincidence. No one, really, would be so dumb to predict something like that. It's like fanfiction, I was the first to think it was so dumb to be real. But hey...

I don't know if this is aimed at me or not, but I'm assuming it is. I was not calling this a coincidence, I was saying the possibility of a coincidence still exists. Coincidence or not, the fact of the matter is, this rumor is not yet confirmed. yes, it is looking somewhat well-supported at this point, making it possible to true, but that's still a long-shot from being confirmed.

Hmm, that actually makes sense.
Red: Magma
Orange: Flare
Yellow: Aether
Green: Plasma
Blue: Aqua
Indigo/Violet: Galactic
Black/the one uniting them all: Rocket

But why are Galactic violet and Plasma green? The others you listed work, but those teams don't have those colors present anywhere in their uniform. You're likely just forcing pieces of a puzzle together that weren't meant to fit together.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
This game is the best generation since gen 2. Team Rocket best Team. =)

But why are Galactic violet and Plasma green? The others you listed work, but those teams don't have those colors present anywhere in their uniform. You're likely just forcing pieces of a puzzle together that weren't meant to fit together.

I took inspiration from the hair colours of the main team members. Plasma has green in N and Ghetsis, while Galactic has Indigo/Violet in its admins (as well as the whole galaxy theme, when galaxies tend to look more purple-pinkish).

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
The fact Team Rocket is in the game made me more hyped than I ever was. I can't wait to see who the admins and leader are, will the HGSS gang make a comeback? Or will it be completely new admins? I can't wait to see!

Yes, I'm hyped to see Team Rocket again too. And what if there are other teams that come in!? Oh, I have a feeling these games are going to be great.