• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Kijdenvoot

We’re they? If so that’s odd, because SM trailers always came out on Tuesday’s. But I honestly think they may wait until Tuesday before giving us any new trailer, and then lumping the Rocket reveal in with the Mimikyu Z-Move trailer that is inevitably coming out next Tuesday (Halloween, they would be stupid not to utilize that day as the reveal day for Minkyu’s Z-Move).

Yes, the "Travel Beyond Alola" one was October 5th and Solgaleo and Lunala's Z-moves one was 12th. I won't be surprised if the next one come out tomorrow.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
So, no new Alola forms in USUM. Disappointing, but really, there was no chance of new Alola forms happening at this point. If it was, we would have known at least one or two by now.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

thanks, that probably means the end of the line for me too. i got sufficient DS games for my current systems and i wasnt too happy how gen7 turned out in certain areas. i dont know if i'll get USUM (wait and see what is in the game b4 buying it) yet but i dont see any sort need to get a switch as there isnt many games im interested in there. sure there is Pokken tourney but thats all there is for now

So, no new Alola forms in USUM. Disappointing, but really, there was no chance of new Alola forms happening at this point. If it was, we would have known at least one or two by now.
It's fake. That interview posted on the French website isn't real.

In reality nobody said anything about there being no new Alolan forms.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
thanks, that probably means the end of the line for me too. i got sufficient DS games for my current systems and i wasnt too happy how gen7 turned out in certain areas. i dont know if i'll get USUM (wait and see what is in the game b4 buying it) yet but i dont see any sort need to get a switch as there isnt many games im interested in there. sure there is Pokken tourney but thats all there is for now

I kinda caught on to USUM being the last for the handheld consoles a while back.

To be honest, I wonder what this means for the handheld consoles. Pokémon has always been its top money maker, and now with its impending switch (heehee) to the home console, I do wonder if this could mean the end of Nintendo's handheld family after 2018.

Also, I wonder if I really should get another 3DS (or at least a 2DS) just to play the handheld games one last time.

.Aerodactyl.

I kinda caught on to USUM being the last for the handheld consoles a while back.

To be honest, I wonder what this means for the handheld consoles. Pokémon has always been its top money maker, and now with its impending switch (heehee) to the home console, I do wonder if this could mean the end of Nintendo's handheld family after 2018.

Also, I wonder if I really should get another 3DS (or at least a 2DS) just to play the handheld games one last time.

I feel like there was still a need for handheld devices though, and there are some things the switch doesn't do. As far as I know, the switch isn't a touch screen...and that's been a really awesome feature for Pokémon, not gonna lie. I wonder for they'll make like, a "Switch Mini" or something. The switch, but on an even more portable scale.

Thure

I feel like there was still a need for handheld devices though, and there are some things the switch doesn't do. As far as I know, the switch isn't a touch screen...and that's been a really awesome feature for Pokémon, not gonna lie. I wonder for they'll make like, a "Switch Mini" or something. The switch, but on an even more portable scale.

The Handheld Switch has a touchscreen.

.Aerodactyl.

The Handheld Switch has a touchscreen.

Does it? But then, what do they do if you are playing on big screen mode? They can't magically turn your TV into a touch screen. There have been a lot of DS games that rely on that touch pad for features...to make it completely optional as a feature might be difficult if games are forced to switch.

ShadowForce720

Does it? But then, what do they do if you are playing on big screen mode? They can't magically turn your TV into a touch screen. There have been a lot of DS games that rely on that touch pad for features...to make it completely optional as a feature might be difficult if games are forced to switch.

Was that an intended pun I sensed. lol :)

john90

It's fake. That interview posted on the French website isn't real.

In reality nobody said anything about there being no new Alolan forms.

Again and again. This is the article. A guy, who works for TPC said it was translated correctly:

Will there be new regional forms (Alola) of Pokemon or a new Evolution for Eevee in Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon? The response of the Pokemon Company here.
The specific regional forms of the first generation of Pokemon were surely one of the most appreciated features by the players. As we would have liked to see new ones in USUM, we asked about it to Kazumasa Iwao and Shigeru Ohmori, respectively producers of Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon and Sun & Moon.

A: "Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon are set in the same region (Alola) and we decided not to add more regional forms of Pokemon. On the subject of Pokemon added, we can not say too much about the subject, but the trailers do not show all the news. There will be about 400 Pokemon that will be able to meet and capture. We do not really know how to answer that, there are different possibilities about Eevee, you will have to ask Professor Kukui if he knows anything about it. "

desdar300

Again and again. This is the article. A guy, who works for TPC said it was translated correctly:

Will there be new regional forms (Alola) of Pokemon or a new Evolution for Eevee in Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon? The response of the Pokemon Company here.
The specific regional forms of the first generation of Pokemon were surely one of the most appreciated features by the players. As we would have liked to see new ones in USUM, we asked about it to Kazumasa Iwao and Shigeru Ohmori, respectively producers of Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon and Sun & Moon.

A: "Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon are set in the same region (Alola) and we decided not to add more regional forms of Pokemon. On the subject of Pokemon added, we can not say too much about the subject, but the trailers do not show all the news. There will be about 400 Pokemon that will be able to meet and capture. We do not really know how to answer that, there are different possibilities about Eevee, you will have to ask Professor Kukui if he knows anything about it. "
He also said that the article was misleading.
Overall it was a misconception.
The original question had to do if whether or not Eevee would get or its evos would be getting Alolan Varients or new forms in general and GF basically said no in regards to Eevee .

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

The Joy-Cons have gyroscopes that allow for pointer capability. Meaning that anything you could do by tapping a screen you could also do by pointing and clicking with a Joy-Con. If a touchscreen is needed, this would work as a suitable replacement.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
My only disappointment about USUM if that interview is true that new Alolan forms won’t be in the game. And too be honest I wouldn’t have minded if they hadn’t added new ultra beasts.

I would love new alolan forms, to collect and use, so would be disappointed if they don’t introduce new ones, but if they weren’t adding any new Pokemon at all then that would be fair enough. But the fact that they’ve added 3 new ultra beasts and potentially no new alolan forms is where my disappointment potentially lies. If you’re going to introduce new Pokemon mid gen then at least give us more alolan forms too then, especially for people like me who only collect legendaries, guardians and ultra beasts and don’t actually use them.

But apart from that I’m quite looking forward to the games especially if the rumours are true about this link to the past evil teams

.Aerodactyl.

The Joy-Cons have gyroscopes that allow for pointer capability. Meaning that anything you could do by tapping a screen you could also do by pointing and clicking with a Joy-Con. If a touchscreen is needed, this would work as a suitable replacement.

Eh, I'm thinking about games like "Nintendogs" and "Art Academy" which is not really replaced with a point and click feature easily. I just mean that for certain games, some of the charm and capability was in the touch screen. Pokémon Refresh, for example, is much better with touch screen. So is Pokémon Pelego, even the new Photo club. The 3ds introduced an opportunity for very specific and different kind of gaming experience for certain games and titles that isn't as easily duplicated on the switch. Yes, Pokémon games were touchless before and it's possible, and so were many other games. I'm not really arguing that, I just mean that some titles will suffer a few features if the DS is dropped completely for the switch as is. The flipping and closing of the DS was super handy for younger kids too. The switch is portable and for older players not so much of a problem, but a bit more fragile then the DS for youngsters. I just think there is still a market for handhelds that the switch doesn't perfectly cover...but I don't control the market or anything.

Niormon

He also said that the article was misleading.
Overall it was a misconception.
The original question had to do if whether or not Eevee would get or its evos would be getting Alolan Varients or new forms in general and GF basically said no in regards to Eevee .
in other words Fairy type is the only new evolution, for Eevee we get.....How lame.

Akashin

in other words Fairy type is the only new evolution, for Eevee we get.....How lame.

Was Eevee getting a new evolution in these games even something worth considering? I'm really not sure why Melty even asked in the first place, to be honest.

And these games are all they were talking about when they said Eevee isn't getting a new evolution. It's not like they were saying they're done with Eevee (and what Sylveon has to do with anything when it's four years old at this point is beyond me).

Niormon

Was Eevee getting a new evolution in these games even something worth considering? I'm really not sure why Melty even asked in the first place, to be honest.

And these games are all they were talking about when they said Eevee isn't getting a new evolution. It's not like they were saying they're done with Eevee (and what Sylveon has to do with anything when it's four years old at this point is beyond me).
Because its the most recent and only new Eevee evolution we get, while the other ones came in groups of two, that tells me they can't think of anything for Eevee.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

there were so many things i was hoping SM would've carried over from gen6 only to see that they were left out. i learned that nothing was a given to be carried over to a new generation game. i might still get USUM but im gonna wait until all the secrets/plot/features are well known before considering it. plus i still need an extra 377 plaza levels in sun, a few extra shiny pkmn and 30ish berries to get to max quantity.

i got all the consoles i need atm: 2 3DS XL (1 old model with U/S hinge and 1 new model) and a red 2DS for my other games/PKBank storage. i doubt i'll need to get a new 2ds, my current one will never have any sort of hinge issues :).

i honestly dont know what to think of the Switch. i have a XBOX 360 which has gathered dust ever since i got back into Pokemon/3DS system. console games are more portable than XBOX or similar systems. i dont know what i'd do with a switch outside of Pokken. the XBOX 360 has some of my fav games that i can pop into the 360.

does the switch come with all the various ports/console configurations? if each different component is sold separately then Nintendo can only see $$$ from that.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Because its the most recent and only new Eevee evolution we get, while the other ones came in groups of two, that tells me they can't think of anything for Eevee.

Just because they last gen only had one Eeveelution does not mean that they can't think up more new Eeveelutions, what it means is simply that they just decided to introduce one new one that generation instead of two for whatever reason, however it's pretty much safe to say that the reason wasn't that they couldn't come up with ideas for more. Heck in all likely hood will probably get some new Eeveelutions in gen 8, although exactly how many will get in gen 8 I'm not sure as it could be any from 1-4 or 5 at the most.