• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Niormon

Just because they last gen only had one Eeveelution does not mean that they can't think up more new Eeveelutions, what it means is simply that they just decided to introduce one new one that generation instead of two for whatever reason, however it's pretty much safe to say that the reason wasn't that they couldn't come up with ideas for more. Heck in all likely hood will probably get some new Eeveelutions in gen 8, although exactly how many will get in gen 8 I'm not sure as it could be any from 1-4 or 5 at the most.
I honestly hope your right one thing I loved about two Eeveelution even if there was one form you didn't like there was always another to fall on, and I kinda miss that. :(

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
The Joy-Cons have gyroscopes that allow for pointer capability. Meaning that anything you could do by tapping a screen you could also do by pointing and clicking with a Joy-Con. If a touchscreen is needed, this would work as a suitable replacement.

Sort of like using a mouse in place of a finger or stylus. Neat!

This will add to many possibilities for what features could be had in Switch games.

Anyhoo, about this here Rocket mess, I doubt their inclusion will be minimal, especially since we go to their headquarters. I believe there was an interview before about USUM where it was stated this game's story is the most robust of any in the series' history. This game could in fact have Organization XIII-level storytelling (or in other words, several layers of storytelling that may not even be necessary, but damn sure is entertaining). I think Team Rocket's inclusion will more than likely be related to Lusamine, and could very well be post-game related if Lusamine is to find herself in Kanto once again.

It is fairly possible the player could venture to Kanto as well (which would hit the mark on USUM going the maximum limit of 3DS' capabilities), but we'll just have to wait and see.

shadowF

It really does seem like Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon have a lot of new content and perhaps the reason why there wasn't much promotion in the beginning was because the Pokemon company wanted to focus on advertising Pokemon Pokken first.

I think they wanted to focus on Metroid: Samus Returns first because after that, it’s been all USUM promoting when it comes to 3DS. The system ain’t getting as much attention as the Switch so it makes sense to focus on one big game at a time. After USUM, what does the 3DS have really though..?

Ambrose7

I think they wanted to focus on Metroid: Samus Returns first because after that, it’s been all USUM promoting when it comes to 3DS. The system ain’t getting as much attention as the Switch so it makes sense to focus on one big game at a time. After USUM, what does the 3DS have really though..?
Nothing much from Nintendo but it isn't dead yet. There's many games still coming. Especially from Atlus.

So, if we’re going to get a new trailer today, what time do they normally drop?

I think a few have dropped between 1pm and 2pm (which would mean that there isn't one today) but they could reveal it later - I think a few Japanese trailers go up at 11pm to 12am UK time.

.Aerodactyl.

Not gonna lie, I really expected there to be a trailer today. Ah well! Maybe we won't get anymore for October. Maybe we will.

I wonder if they're going to change their marketing strategy at all...lots of older people complained about too much being revealed. Maybe they'll try to hold back this time around?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Not gonna lie, I really expected there to be a trailer today. Ah well! Maybe we won't get anymore for October. Maybe we will.

I wonder if they're going to change their marketing strategy at all...lots of older people complained about too much being revealed. Maybe they'll try to hold back this time around?

But now, people are complaining that too little is being revealed.

future.newyorker

We’re only three weeks away from release, and I’m honestly ok with what’s been revealed so far and am completely fine if nothing else gets revealed (even though I know it will be). I’m still extremely hyped for these games.

Ambrose7

I still think there will be atleast another trailer considering we still have no idea what Rainbow Rocket is or the new battle facility in Festival Plaza.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I still think there will be atleast another trailer considering we still have no idea what Rainbow Rocket is or the new battle facility in Festival Plaza.

Yeah. I don't see them holding information on those until the game releases. There's also a Mimikyu exclusive Z-Move that has yet to be revealed.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
But now, people are complaining that too little is being revealed.

That's just a classic knee-jerk reaction. People complained everything about SM was revealed, so TPCi/Game Freak swung to the other end of the spectrum and revealed very little. Ideally, this means the Switch games should have a decent balance of information getting revealed at the right time without going overboard.

ShadowForce720

That's just a classic knee-jerk reaction. People complained everything about SM was revealed, so TPCi/Game Freak swung to the other end of the spectrum and revealed very little. Ideally, this means the Switch games should have a decent balance of information getting revealed at the right time without going overboard.

Even if the Switch games have a decent balance of information getting revealed at the right time without going overboard your still going to get probably a bunch of people complaining that there not revealing enough information or that there revealing to much information on the Switch games.

Sulfurian

I don't believe that GF changed their marketing because of SM. There's always been a lack of info for the "third game" in a gen.

.Aerodactyl.

I don't believe that GF changed their marketing because of SM. There's always been a lack of info for the "third game" in a gen.

Except we know there are things they aren't talking about that they have been hinting at. More UB's, some facility in Malie, another feature of the festival Plaza, team rocket... I'm more so wondering what their plan is to reveal and what isn't. I know battle facilities they typically don't show until much closer too, same with Post game. I have a feeling they'll show everything before the game drops though, it's how they've been doing their trailers lately. But maybe they want to save stuff? It's hard to remember the past because I usually stop paying attention to the news after the games leak and I can't remember what was shown in trailers before release and what was found out in datamining.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Even if the Switch games have a decent balance of information getting revealed at the right time without going overboard your still going to get probably a bunch of people complaining that there not revealing enough information or that there revealing to much information on the Switch games.

This is the internet. People will complain about anything, because they just want to complain for the sake of complaining.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Serebii's been saying on his personal Twitter, basically since July.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
This just in.

NEXT POKEMON NEWS ON NOVEMBER 2ND.
22:00 JST/13:00 UTC/09:00 EDT/06:00 PDT

That's also the date of the Pre-loading.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So the Strange Souvenir will have a use now? I remember being so underwhelmed it ended up being just that.. a souvenir, not used to summon an Alola legendary or anything but waste space. Can't wait to see what it is.
Hawlucha part of the Alola Dex... that may be part of my team

So, they're not revealing Mimikyu's z-move on Halloween? BOO!

Thure

So the Strange Souvenir will have a use now? I remember being so underwhelmed it ended up being just that.. a souvenir, not used to summon an Alola legendary or anything but waste space. Can't wait to see what it is.
Hawlucha part of the Alola Dex... that may be part of my team

So, they're not revealing Mimikyu's z-move on Halloween? BOO!

I think that was the joke about it... in XY we all thought it was some special item... and in SM we learned it was just an expensive souvenir without use they sell to tourists... It was nothing more than a SM teaser in my opinion.