1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by ellie, Jun 6, 2017.

1. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

I'm not rightly sure that changes my point any. I'm sorry in-store events are inconvenient to you personally.

2. Niormon

Niormon Well-Known Member

The people spending the money ? who else would it be, no matter how little or how big, people have already paid for the product and their expecting to pay no more after that fact.

3. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

And under such a system, you'd be able to do that without any issue.

4. Rapiido

Rapiido Well-Known Member

"I'd quit Pokemon for good if there were microtransactions."

Unless there's limitations to the game, microtransactions (such as Pokemon Go's, where you can still play the game without spending money) should not change your game experience at all. There's nothing being hid behind a "pay wall" and if you can't see that you're simply complaining for the sake of complaining.

It's the same as fast food. You don't NEED it, but you still spend money on it. Don't buy McDonald's for a day and spend 5 bucks on the game instead. It's still wasted money, you're just coming up with excuses as to whether or not it's justifiable.

It's the same thing with DLC, and I cannot fathom how people don't understand that.

5. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

All micro transaction do is make it harder to earn ingame currency/XP. It's the curse of modern gaming.
    I don't want to see Pokemon suffer from that. Pokemon does just fine without them.

DLC would be just fine, but micro transactions? **** no, I'd rather see a reboot without my favorite Pokemon than see that trash in a Pokemon game.

6. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Yes. Microtransactions should never be in a Pokemon game.

7. Rapiido

How does it make gaining experience or money harder? Because there's some sort of illusion that if you aren't spending money to gain it faster, it's automatically harder to gain?

If Pokemon added microtransactions to just add extra balls/potions/increased wild encounters/who knows what, how exactly does that make the game harder?

Your logic is the same as turning on the Exp. Share in the game. You can beat the game without turning it on, but turning it on makes it easier.

8. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

Nah I was agreeing with you. And pointing out that , yes, store events can be inconvenient even without having to go abroad.

And it's really my own fault for living in the middle of the bush :p

9. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

It makes it harder by putting limitations on how much you can grind within a certain period of time. So for instance, if you could only buy X amount of Poke Balls per day but you could pay real money to remove that limit. Microtransactions are intentionally designed to halt the pace of the game so that you pat money to remove them. It essentially holds your progress hostage.

10. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

games with microtransactions are designed under the assumption that you will buy microtransactions; if they served no purpose, they would not be sold

see: any game with microtransactions

11. Rapiido

I mean I've gotten to level 35 in Pokemon Go and I paid 99 cents once a year ago, maybe I'm just patient.

12. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

I didn't want to cast aspersions in that regard.

13. Arcanineblitz

Arcanineblitz Well-Known Member

I doubt Nintendo or gamefreak would go to those extremes in terms of microtransactions considering their history they would offer a season pass with goodies and extra story attached if they even add them at all.

14. RileyXY1

Yes. I don't think Nintendo and GF will ever put microtransactions in their games.

15. Team Volt Grunt

Team Volt Grunt Pokémon Collector

I agree that the story should be their main focus before any post or side game content. But post game is important to keep people playing the game. We don't need more riveting story after the main story. All we need in the post game are reasons to keep us intrigued after the story is completed. A battle facility with a lot of diverse types of battles, mini games with worthwhile rewards or replay-ability, some goals to complete or things to collect after the story (hey, national dex, where are you?), etc. are things that give us purpose and keep us coming back for more after the story is done. Sun and Moon didn't have a lot to do to keep the game interesting after the story. You could spend hours and hours leveling up your Festival Plaza, but the individual shops weren't all that useful after a while and it was rare to actually receive decent ones. There was no national dex to complete after the very small Alola dex. The Battle Tree was very repetitive and lacked diversity. They stopped holding online tournaments and global missions. There really wasn't much else to do except shiny hunting (which is less rewarding the simpler they make it) or competitive breeding/raising, which can be done on any game. It just got boring.

16. RileyXY1

Nintendo should really consider putting in more post game content. Not every Pokemon player plays competitively, you know.

17. Hasty

Hasty Moonside

First they bind transferring Pokemon to the next generation to the paid service Pokemon Bank and give out heaps of BP through it, then they don't put the National Dex into the latest main series games and make it exclusive to Pokemon Bank. It's like they are testing the waters...

I really hope they don't take this any further and put the National Dex back in...

18. Thure

Thure Well-Known Member

Ooooooor.... the POkebank costs money because it's aonline storage and they have to pay for the service and maintenance? Just maybe...

19. Hasty

Hasty Moonside

Aaaaaaand.... what is stopping them from doing both? Also, I never talked about the online storage aspect because that's really not important to what I'm saying.

20. Thure

Thure Well-Known Member

It is. Because technically the storage system costs money. The transfer itself is free but impossible without the storage system. And it was not because they wanted money, it was for reasons they explained well like they think that was the best way to connect a DS and 3DS game (which seems to be hard, I'm not an expert on this topic how it would be possible in another way).