• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Hoennking

I really want these games to be good but sun and moon had some issues that I don't think are correctable in 1 year

Hoennking

Like what? I mean of course I can think of a few but what are your thoughts?

Frame rate

Cutscenes as in hau, Lillie and kukai every 5 mins that's unskippable

New Pokemon distribution rate. I think it's gonna be worse if add the nation dex

Linerity. This is something they can improve on adding some areas

The music is pretty forgottable besides sea folk village and Malie city

Using boats to take us to the islands instead of letting use our pokeride Pokemon lapras

Trainers have 1-2 Pokemon way too often. Really annoying.

Festival plaza is awful compared to pss

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Frame rate

That's a problem with the 3DS, not Sun and Moon.

Cutscenes as in hau, Lillie and kukai every 5 mins that's unskippable

Personally, I think those were the best part of the game. Sun and Moon were the first games to get a serious story, and that was glorious.

New Pokemon distribution rate. I think it's gonna be worse if add the nation dex

National Dex would only affect the distribution of Pokémon after you beat the game.

Linerity. This is something they can improve on adding some areas

While I agree, I can also see why it was the way it was. The small area of the islands made it hard to have non-linear traveling.

The music is pretty forgottable besides sea folk village and Malie city

Don't expect them to change the music. They might add new music, but what was already there will likely stay.

Using boats to take us to the islands instead of letting use our pokeride Pokemon lapras

Do you realize how much space there is between the islands? I fully support Hoenn and all of its surfing, but this would be a hundred times worse.

Trainers have 1-2 Pokemon way too often. Really annoying.

If they chose to fix that, it would be a very easy fix that could easily be done in under a year. But the question is if they want to, as they've been on a kick of making the games easier in recent generations.

Festival plaza is awful compared to pss

I've got no comment, as I use neither.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Personally, I think those were the best part of the game. Sun and Moon were the first games to get a serious story, and that was glorious.

BW cries in the corner forgotten.

If I may interject, while I do like the story, I do think that the way the cutscenes were handled weren't great. They weren't paced out well (so you have certain areas that feel like slogs while others are too light) and the lack of any means to skip said cutscenes is pretty silly in today's age of gaming and does hurt replayability. If they do the story again, at the very least they should allow for the option for cutscenes to be skipped as that's a basic mechanic to have for any story-driven game.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

If I may interject, while I do like the story, I do think that the way the cutscenes were handled weren't great. They weren't paced out well (so you have certain areas that feel like slogs while others are too light) and the lack of any means to skip said cutscenes is pretty silly in today's age of gaming and does hurt replayability. If they do the story again, at the very least they should allow for the option for cutscenes to be skipped as that's a basic mechanic to have for any story-driven game.

Also to be able to skip any tutorials would be just the grooviest.

Hoennking

Frame rate has a ton to do with how game freak for some reason put super high polygon models without optimizing it

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Black and White were alright, but they don't compare to Sun and Moon in my mind.

Maybe the second time around, like after you fail in battle, I can see why you should be able to skip them, but for the first time around, I really don't think the scenes should be skipable. It would lead to strange leaps where stuff occurs out of nowhere. The scenes are really needed to know what's going on. Asking to skip the cutscenes is like asking to skip the dialogue sections in older Pokémon games.

Sulfurian

Just as a side comment, Pokémon Go and Pokken are being talked about more than an upcoming main series game, and I honestly think that's a huge problem. Say what you will about GF releasing too much information for new games, but if it's the 2nd game in the generation I wouldn't honestly mind that. You gotta create hype or some desire some where to buy them.

MiloticTwins

Hey, guys. I'm just wanting to know why you think that there hasn't been any more Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon details unveiled as of yet?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Hey, guys. I'm just wanting to know why you think that there hasn't been any more Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon details unveiled as of yet?

I'm tempted so heavily to say what my guess is, but I don't know what the response of others would be, so I'm gonna keep quiet for now. ^^;

Hoennking

Well actually 3rd versions. It's right on target

BW2 got first information in April 2012 and released in June 2012 2 months only

Platinum first infomation came in June 2008 and released in September 2008. 3 months

I think in 2 weeks we should get info

Hoennking

Just as a side comment, Pokémon Go and Pokken are being talked about more than an upcoming main series game, and I honestly think that's a huge problem. Say what you will about GF releasing too much information for new games, but if it's the 2nd game in the generation I wouldn't honestly mind that. You gotta create hype or some desire some where to buy them.

I'm more excited for Pokemon gold and sliver VC than USM right now lol.hope we get news soon to get hype train back

ebevan91

Well actually 3rd versions. It's right on target

BW2 got first information in April 2012 and released in June 2012 2 months only

Platinum first infomation came in June 2008 and released in September 2008. 3 months

I think in 2 weeks we should get info

There's just not as much to reveal for 3rd versions (or remakes) as there is for a new generation. We already know the box legendaries, the starters, the "evil" teams, the professor, the region, etc.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough

They really don't have much to show us? That's my guess... and it'll disappoint all them folks making these crazy speculation videos on YouTube.

Hoennking

There's just not as much to reveal for 3rd versions (or remakes) as there is for a new generation. We already know the box legendaries, the starters, the "evil" teams, the professor, the region, etc.

Yeah we just get to see new features. Which what we want. I'm more interested in knowing who game director is for the games

ebevan91

Yeah we just get to see new features. Which what we want. I'm more interested in knowing who game director is for the games

I have a feeling the news cycle for these games will be like it was for ORAS (don't remember all the way back to BW2), where we mostly got news on new megas and new features.

So, I'm assuming most of our US/UM news will be new Alola forms (if such a thing even exists) and like you said, features.

Hoennking

I have a feeling the news cycle for these games will be like it was for ORAS (don't remember all the way back to BW2), where we mostly got news on new megas and new features.

So, I'm assuming most of our US/UM news will be new Alola forms (if such a thing even exists) and like you said, features.

BW2 was sequal. So there was amount of new cities and areas they had to explain. New rival and new team plasma corlass

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Black and White were alright, but they don't compare to Sun and Moon in my mind.

Oh I'm not debating which one is better of course (I personally like both), I'm just poking fun since BW still did have a serious story to them.

But nonetheless...

Maybe the second time around, like after you fail in battle, I can see why you should be able to skip them, but for the first time around, I really don't think the scenes should be skipable. It would lead to strange leaps where stuff occurs out of nowhere. The scenes are really needed to know what's going on. Asking to skip the cutscenes is like asking to skip the dialogue sections in older Pokémon games.

The thing is not everyone is interested in that dialogue, some just want to get on to the adventure and don't want a mountain of text hindering that endeavor. So it's better to accommodate them and allow the option then to force them through a slog they're not going to enjoy and hurt the game's favorability for them.

Plus, cutscenes are also tied to tutorials, which a lot of players have done at least once at this point. So if anything, having the option to skip them should be available since it's not like we're missing much if the Professor doesn't tell us how to catch the wild rodent for the 10th time. It's not even like they haven't done it before either, B2W2 skipped over certain tutorials if you told Bianca you weren't interested.

Last edited: