• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Is there still a chance of us getting a trailer next week? Or is it less likely now?

We'll probably be getting a Lycanroc trailer for the rest of the world to have it properly revealed, and if that's the case, what's stopping them showing a couple more things.

Akashin

Is there still a chance of us getting a trailer next week? Or is it less likely now?

There's no more or less chance now than there was several hours ago, but there's minimal reason to expect one until they give us any sort of word that there will be one.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
As a side note, the new battle remix sounds neat, though instrumentation seem to suffer from 3DS' sound quality.

Where'd you see a video? I haven't been able to find one.

It is starting to seem to me that this is just Sun and Moon with some spit 'n' shine. Fine I guess, as long as customization is still a thing.

It's not going to be any less than of an upgrade than Platinum was to Diamond and Pearl. So unless you didn't like what Platinum did, there's no reason to think this won't work out.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It's not going to be any less than of an upgrade than Platinum was to Diamond and Pearl. So unless you didn't like what Platinum did, there's no reason to think this won't work out.

At least Platinum introduced new forms that were actually different.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
At least Platinum introduced new forms that were actually different.

We've only seen three new forms. I'm assuming your stating that you don't think the new Lunala and Solgaleo forms aren't different. I disagree myself, but still, we don't know what's left in store.

Hoennking

you would think they would start showing meaningful information to get people to pre order their games but i guess there waiting for last 2 months. thats a slippery slope!!

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
this is didnt make any more excited about ultra sun and moon lol

I was confident that I wouldn't lose any hype for these games, but at this point, I feel like I'm wrong. I have expected that we'd wait so long for actual news, but that doesn't mean I'm not salty this reveal was so lame.

Hoennking

I was confident that I wouldn't lose any hype for these games, but at this point, I feel like I'm wrong. I have expected that we'd wait so long for actual news, but that doesn't mean I'm not salty this reveal was so lame.

its upsetting for me because every pokemon game i been excited about except this one. i know its not because im growing out of pokemon because i still enjoy the anime and older games but nothing they have shown me as gotten me hype for these games. i guess im just gonna skip em and save up for a switch to play generation 8

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
its upsetting for me because every pokemon game i been excited about except this one. i know its not because im growing out of pokemon because i still enjoy the anime and older games but nothing they have shown me as gotten me hype for these games. i guess im just gonna skip em and save up for a switch to play generation 8

It's not you, it's Game Freak. Pokemon in and of itself isn't something you necessarily grow out of, the core concept is ageless. The quality of the games has just been dropping.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
These games are essentially repeats of Sun and Moon. Don't expect revolutionary news.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
the new battle music doesnt sound bland anymore atleast

Where'd you hear new battle music? I haven't seen any reveal videos anywhere.

knightwolf09

Okay everybody killing the buzz for me, the lack of faith that Gamefreak can't make a big an upgrade to Sun and Moon like BW2 really shows people's thoughts of this game. And it's depressing.

Hoennking

Okay everybody killing the buzz for me, the lack of faith that Gamefreak can't make a big an upgrade to Sun and Moon like BW2 really shows people's thoughts of this game. And it's depressing.
BW came out in 2010 in japan and
BW2 came out in 2012 thats 2 years sun and moon to ultra sun and moon is only 1 year. less development time. i dont think it will be bw2 kind of changes. Until we see the actual gameplay and story and added features. there isnt anything to be depressed about but being realstic isnt bad. less expectections might good thing. It will surpise us hopefully

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Well there's been a lot of disappointment in the recent games, and lack of content has been one of the complaints, pretty much every game since BW2 have been disappointing in that regard. So it's not hard to see why people are pessimistic about how much of an upgrade this game will be.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
1. What qualifies as a big upgrade?
2. How do we know that GF didn't make big upgrades?
3. So not having Z is bad, but having USUM is bad?