• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Thure

Storage space wise you can't expect a huge changes or features. A ton of QOL stuff im thinking they will do. Lile adding adding the flowers in route 1 and add electric guitar in wild battle music

Both things you mentioned would take away that much space. The 3d models of the Pokemon and music are mostly the biggest storage users.

They can change A LOT with 0,8 GB available.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Since it was made known that we're at the end of Global Missions, even though there were three missions that never happened, some speculation that Festival Plaza will likely not be in USUM has started. I hope it doesn't get removed. SM were lacking in fun stuff to do aftergame already. :(

I wouldn't worry if I were you. This is probably just the end of Global Missions for Sun and Moon. There's really no reason why the Festival Plaza would be taken away in Ultra Sun and Moon. If anything, it will likely be upgraded.

Thure

I wouldn't worry if I were you. This is probably just the end of Global Missions for Sun and Moon. There's really no reason why the Festival Plaza would be taken away in Ultra Sun and Moon. If anything, it will likely be upgraded.

This. The argumentation would be the same as 'Since Splatfests in Splatoon 1 ended we wouldn't get SPlatfests in Splatoon 2'. which is wrong.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I'm guessing there will be completely different Global Missions in USUM. Personally I'd love a Mission involving the Isle in Poké Pelego where the cave is and you get a score based on how much stuff you retrieve.

Illusio

No words, only rage
I hated Join Avenue even more... It was a pain to upgrade this back than...

Really? I thought it was very easy. Even ignoring the ten random NPCs they send your way, the Magnemite Coil trick meant you could get multiple random players visiting and expanding your area very quickly and with little effort. I got mine to high levels within days and at best I was only there half an hour.

With Festival Plaza, the fact that you have to do missions to reap the most points slowed the whole process down, which compounded by the fact that it's hard to properly upgrade your facility by comparison made the whole thing even worse.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't know why they did this, especially since 3 missions are unused.

"Score high points with the PokeFinder."
"Win Master Rank Battle Royals."
"Catch Crabrawler in berry trees."

That's enough for the game to continue on until USUM's release.

Thure

Really? I thought it was very easy. Even ignoring the ten random NPCs they send your way, the Magnemite Coil trick meant you could get multiple random players visiting and expanding your area very quickly and with little effort. I got mine to high levels within days and at best I was only there half an hour.

With Festival Plaza, the fact that you have to do missions to reap the most points slowed the whole process down, which compounded by the fact that it's hard to properly upgrade your facility by comparison made the whole thing even worse.

I didn't even know about the Magnemite Coil trick back then... :(

shadowF

How much can I hope we will get a trailer for USUM on the week that Worlds begin? Or is it better to just expect a new Pokemon form? Since Worlds does have a reveal on a new Pokemon/form each year a new main-held Pokemon game has been released.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I peronally think that they dont havr major news to share, hence a typical 3rd version.

I do wonder if the lack of major news is simply due to Ultra Sun and Moon lacking much new material to begin with. The games will be released three months from now, yet all we really know about them is that Solgaleo, Lunala and Lycanroc have received new forms. It's unnerving. ^^;

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I do wonder if the lack of major news is simply due to Ultra Sun and Moon lacking much new material to begin with. The games will be released three months from now, yet all we really know about them is that Solgaleo, Lunala and Lycanroc have received new forms. It's unnerving. ^^;

Well they said nothing about BW2 until two months before release, so it's a bit early to jump to that conclusion. But I'm concerned about that for other reasons (such as the short development time and the Switch game looming).

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I don't know why they did this, especially since 3 missions are unused.

"Score high points with the PokeFinder."
"Win Master Rank Battle Royals."
"Catch Crabrawler in berry trees."

That's enough for the game to continue on until USUM's release.

The Crabrawler one is doable, but the other two are unlikely.

Not everyone can or willing to reach Master Rank Battle Royal, and the Pokefinder one requires a minimum of 10k points, basically meaning you have to take a really good pic of the rare ones.

Unova Yorker

City Girl
I know I'm crazy but I'm just not convinced this is an Platinum-esk "Retelling" of the same story. I was running around on Tauros hatching some left over eggs in HeaHea city and BAM, next to the entrance of the Pokemon Center to the right is an empty lot with some construction equipment. There's no construction working holding a 2x4 saying "Here in Alola, Machamps help us with construction, making is easy!" or whatever world building type of shenanigans. They are just THERE, with nothing else! There are a few of these mind you, creating this feeling of in-completion throughout the game. I know its reported on and noticed already, but why be there if not to show the time had indeed passed in the sequel?

I'm holding out hope nay sayers.

EDIT: And I've checked and rechecked. I know what people are saying but, these characters DO NOT look the same as Sun and Moon to me, I'm sorry. Call me crazy.

Last edited:

Hoennking

I know I'm crazy but I'm just not convinced this is an Platinum-esk "Retelling" of the same story. I was running around on Tauros hatching some left over eggs in HeaHea city and BAM, next to the entrance of the Pokemon Center to the right is an empty lot with some construction equipment. There's no construction working holding a 2x4 saying "Here in Alola, Machamps help us with construction, making is easy!" or whatever world building type of shenanigans. They are just THERE, with nothing else! There are a few of these mind you, creating this feeling of in-completion throughout the game. I know its reported on and noticed already, but why be there if not to show the time had indeed passed in the sequel?

EDIT: And I've checked and rechecked. I know what people are saying but, these characters DO NOT look the same as Sun and Moon to me, I'm sorry. Call me crazy.

What nay Sayers? We can only go by what they have shown so far and it's basically

If there different people. Why are they starting from exactly the same house and town as the sun and moon protagonists. Doesn't make much sense. BW2 had different town

Unova Yorker

City Girl
What nay Sayers? We can only go by what they have shown so far and it's basically

If there different people. Why are they starting from exactly the same house and town as the sun and moon protagonists. Doesn't make much sense. BW2 had different town

It could have started in the same town, but............. that room is the same, minus the switch, the color of the TV stand and the weird scribble artwork. That mesh box is even in the same place. Darn. I wonder what the deal is with the construction sites then? I guess ignore my argument.

I guess in a parallel universe Alola, the construction workers didn't unionize, thus worked weekends and Holidays. So those buildings will be complete.

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector

We don't know that we are starting in the same house. All we have is footage of the USUM PC running in front of the original SM PC's house, which has changed significantly.

Hoennking

We don't know that we are starting in the same house. All we have is footage of the USUM PC running in front of the original SM PC's house, which has changed significantly.

We also have the room. Which looks identical to the ones in sun and moon minus some aesthics changes like the switch and autograph

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

People have been speculating about those even before Sun and Moon came out, as they were visible on the map of Alola. At first I thought it meant we would get gyms in the post-games. Once I beat the games with no gyms, I decided that they must mean that we'll get sequels. Now that true sequels have been ruled out (sorry, they have), there's still three possibilities for these construction sites. The one you pointed out, where construction simply finished faster, they do get constructed in these game's post-game, or these games are some sort of pseudo-sequel, taking place after the events of Sun and Moon, but with the same playable character. Personally I find the last one not that likely, and the second the most likely.

Look at these pictures. Note the face and the hair especially.
pokemonsun1.jpg
uYsKgOwlRAe8hOGo6TDt_Pokemon-Ultra-SunMoon-1024x435.jpeg

How are they possibly different characters? They have different clothes, and slightly different hairdos, but the face is exactly the same, and the hair is still very similar. Are you saying that changing clothes and hairdo makes this a different person?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Face looks the same for all characters in these games. I don't see any difference in the faces of Lillie and Gladion for instance. Let's be real here. The only thing we actually know of these games is that they'll come out in November 2017 on the 3DS, that they're Alola Games, and that they have new forms of some sort for Lunala and Solgaleo (not counting event-only Lycanroc as game content as it's event only). Because they've told us literally nothing yet. The only thing we got is a video with a few seconds of footage which could have been edited and put together in all sorts of ways. They show us the house where the protagonist in SM lived, and people simply make out of that that the player character in USUM must live there as well, even though that's never directly stated. People see empty stands in SM and turn that into "Gyms are coming". And people see that USUM and SM have similar names so they turn that into "USUM are sequals because BW2 re-used the names too".

I really really tried to see it from all angles, but it definitely is the same room.

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpr...ndo-switch.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&strip=all

(She's so freaking cute, I can't wait n__n;; )

Yes it's the same room. But it's pokémon. The game where you can enter pretty much everyone's house without permission and just hop into their beds without permission. Just because they show the old house doesn't mean that the player character also lives in that house.

Last edited:

Sulfurian

Yes it's the same room. But it's pokémon. The game where you can enter pretty much everyone's house without permission and just hop into their beds without permission. Just because they show the old house doesn't mean that the player character also lives in that house.

Based on the camera angle, it seems to be the same that they used when they showed the player avatar for the original games. Besides, when has another version besides BW2 that they changed the player's house/location?