• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The logos alone make it pretty clear that the sun pokemon and the moon pokemon are sticking with their respective titles. But anything is possible.

It's possible, but it's such a small chance that it's really not even worth speculating about.

Unless something changes, I'd say get the opposite version you got before. With B2W2, the benefits to getting the same version's sequel was carrying some of the plot elements over and getting the other legendary, with USUM we're not sure whether the story is being advanced or not and we're keeping the same legendary to their particular version, so both of those perks aren't present. Plus, other version exclusives could be retained as well, so if you want to catch them all without WiFi or trading with other players you can get access to all of the Pokémon through both games. So there's more benefits to switching it up here then there were with B2W2, at least at this point in time.

This is just my opinion. but I pick my game solely on the cover Legendary, so I'll be sticking with Ultra Moon. Even back with Gen V, I first played White Version, then Black 2. There was no way I was going to get Reshiram instead of Zekrom, especially with how awesome Black Kyurem was.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So, what we are expecting at Worlds tomorrow.
Edit: There is also Gamescom next week.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

The Debut of new alolan pokemon, even if they dont debut any specifically, I just want to know they are coming :D

Tuoko

At least one new Alolan form, if not that, then maybe a spin-off of sorts.

I'm expecting 100% nothing at all.

We've gotten something announced at Worlds ever since 2013, though.

2013 - Mega Kangaskhan
2014 - Mega Slowbro
2015 - Pokken Tournament for Wii U
2016 - Crabrawler

I'd say it's safe to expect something from it, but there's a possibility we won't get something at all. I personally doubt it, though.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I'm putting my money on either a new standard form for an existing gen 7 Pokemon, or a new Alolan form.

Hoping we get an Alolan form, I'd love to see confirmation of new ones being introduced. We got 10 lines of Alolan form Pokemon in SM(Grand total of 18 forms altogether) and looking at ORAS and XY with Megas, ORAS introduced less Megas than XY did,(About 8 or 9 less IIRC) so I'm going to say we'll get a similar treatment again with 6 or 7 new Alolan lines introduced.

EDIT: Maybe even some coverage on the new Lunala and Solgaleo forms too.

Hoennking

Interesting game informer guys Did a AMA on Reddit and said there gonna reveal a small feature in USM tommorow and ohmori isn't the director

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Interesting game informer guys Did a AMA on Reddit and said there gonna reveal a small feature in USM tommorow and ohmori isn't the director

Can't wait (for the new feature!)

I guess it was kind of expected for Ohmori to not be director though. I wonder who it is. Maybe those who say it's Takao Unno are right? Anyway, tomorrow will be a big day for all Pokémon fans!

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
We've gotten something announced at Worlds ever since 2013, though.

2013 - Mega Kangaskhan
2014 - Mega Slowbro
2015 - Pokken Tournament for Wii U
2016 - Crabrawler

I'd say it's safe to expect something from it, but there's a possibility we won't get something at all. I personally doubt it, though.

I kind of hope we'll get a new form reveal even if it's just a new Alolan variation of a Kanto Pokemon, tho with the lack of US/UM info in general, I'd settle for almost any kind of new info right now. ^^

Cerex

Post-game. Post-game. Post-game. I can't repeat this enough times. Unlike other generations, Sun/Moon was the first where I really didn't find myself coming back to playing as often, especially compared to how much time I would sink into OR/AS or even B2/W2 (Which I think had the most amount of post-game content in recent generations). There just isn't a lot of reasons to go on and explore the Alolan region after you've done it once. You've fought all of the trainers, and you've found the Z Crystals, now what?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Game Informer magazine is said to share some USUM news real soon.

"Game Informer has said that they'll be sharing a video discussing one new feature of the game coming tomorrow."

https://gonintendo.com/stories/2878...g-new-pokemon-ultra-sun-ultra-moon-tidbit-tom

A Reddit user asked if they've gotten any information as to when the next trailer, or any form of significant news for USUM, is coming out?
They just said "Stay tuned."

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/6ucln2/ama_with_game_informer_magazine_about_their_trip/

GI toured Game Freak. You can watch their videos on their YouTube channel below:

https://www.youtube.com/user/gameinformer/videos

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Just please, everyone keep their expectations very low. This is not the sort of outlet to expect major news from.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I only expect a new form from the existing Alola Pokémon or a new exclusive Z-move but I don't have high expectations either.

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
From the sound of the AMA it's nothing huge, so I wouldn't expect anything big to come out of it. Regardless, news is news and we could use something to talk about at this point.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
The best case scenario would be an Alolan form. Realistically, I'm expecting a trailer with new scenes. Either one would probably be enough to last until September or the next batch of news.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Soo,

-Kahili and Ryuki appear before E4. Kahili seems to showcase the Flying Z-move.

-Pokémon following seems to be back but might be limited to some species.(See Rockruff)

-New map showcases Necrozma's distortion.

Edit: Boxart showcases a crystal of sorts.

Last edited: