• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So the game is like Emerald and Platinum, where it looks like an enhanced version of SM. And seems to confirm that the protagonists are the same, just with a new starting look.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Pokémon following seems to be back but might be limited to some species.(See Rockruff)

Considering that every model has running animation in game, I feel that the option can just be simply turned on and off.

Also is Alolan Vulpix having a role in the plot because of Lillie's in the Anime?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Also is Alolan Vulpix having a role in the plot because of Lillie's in the Anime?

I don't know if it's having a major role in the plot. It could just be a short cutscene showing a new feature or something that Alolan Vulpix is demonstrating.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
The characters' starting look is way better than SM's. I like the map with the distortion and I'm eager to see more of the new buildings and features Alola will have. Don't care about Pokémon following but that's definitely good news for those who dig this feature if that's actually the case.

Rapiido

Was hoping for more customization options a la X and Y to be shown (please i know it's Hawaii but I just want my guy to wear pants)
If following Pokemon is back, great, but PLEASE give us the option to turn it off, no repeats of HGSS.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
I don't know if it's having a major role in the plot. It could just be a short cutscene showing a new feature or something that Alolan Vulpix is demonstrating.

Ironically it's happening within the Aether Foundation, which Lillie has connections with.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
The characters' starting look is way better than SM's. I like the map with the distortion and I'm eager to see more of the new buildings and features Alola will have. Don't care about Pokémon following but that's definitely good news for those who dig this feature if that's actually the case.

I don't think the Pokémon following you feature is back, since when the player is running in Haouli City, there's no Pokémon following you. Seems like it could be for some temporary Pokemon in certain towns, or you could just talk to them.

As for starting look, I think the Male protagonist looks worse though, since I found his attire and hat kind of awkward, but the female protagonist looks way better now. I'm especially thankful they changed her stupid chicken hat from SM.

The distortion is probably something to do with Necrozma and Ultra Wormholes. I think UB's will be a lot more involved in the plot this time.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Was hoping for more customization options a la X and Y to be shown (please i know it's Hawaii but I just want my guy to wear pants)
If following Pokemon is back, great, but PLEASE give us the option to turn it off, no repeats of HGSS.

I'm afraid that the customization options will be limited once again something that I disliked a lot in SM.

I don't think the Pokémon following you feature is back, since when the player is running in Haouli City, there's no Pokémon following you. Seems like it could be for some temporary Pokemon in certain towns, or you could just talk to them.

This is why I said "if that's the case" ;)

As for starting look, I think the Male protagonist looks worse though, since I found his attire and hat kind of awkward, but the female protagonist looks way better now. I'm especially thankful they changed her stupid chicken hat from SM.

Didn't like Sun in SM. He looked like a girl to me with that hair. I don't like his clothes here though just like I didn't in the first games as well. But Moon looks amazing here and I find her braids cute.

The distortion is probably something to do with Necrozma and Ultra Wormholes. I think UB's will be a lot more involved in the plot this time.

I think the games' mascots are kinda giving it away. :p

Last edited:

B. Thunder Tiger

Just saw the trailer. Looks pretty cool and I love what I'm seeing. Looks to be a Emerald/Platinum/BW2 kind of deal. That said, has anyone noticed the splash screen that shows the title legendaries? In the back, one can notice a star which seems to have a pair of evil eyes. Wonder what is up with that?

Dragon Pulse

I knew that they were the same player characters. This also seems like it could potentially be a completely new story, which I'm all for. The new map for Alola also looks pretty!

2dtyplosion

My guess is a new ultra beast. I'm glad they showed the Rockruff following the trainer maybe GF are finally utilizing those animations.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
So, the trailer showed:

- A new area (it's filled with bamboo, so perhaps it's an extension of Malie Gardens?), and a new building has been built in at least one of Alola's empty lots.
- A potential walking Pokemon in the form of that Rockruff, and we see Alolan Exeggutor and Alolan Vulpix in the overworld, showing us two species who did not have properly implemented overworld models in SuMo, which is a good sign for all species being able to follow you.
- Also, we have ourselves a giant shadowy portal in the sky to the southwest of Alola, that looks different from the standard Ultra Wormhole.

shadowF

Anyone think worlds will show us something different? maybe a new alolan form? or is this trailer what worlds was going to show us?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
A new picture has also been unveiled of the Male protagonist facing Necrozma at what looks to be the same place as where we faced Solgaleo / Lunala in SM.

Grey Wind

Any guesses as to what's filled the empty plots? It looked like a clothes shop to me at first but maybe it's some sort of contest equivalent