• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Well they revealed this new u̶s̶e̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ feature known as the Alola Photo Club where you can go to photo studios. I really hope that the new building in Haouli City and other similar buildings are NOT simply meant for that purpose.

If you notice, only Hau 'oli's and Konikoni's new buildings are identical. Someone did pointed out a camera like thing on the Hau 'oli one, though, so it's plausible this is the same for the one in Konikoni. As for the rest, they have to be something else, they don't look that fashionable, except Malie City's.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
If you notice, only Hau 'oli's and Konikoni's new buildings are identical. Someone did pointed out a camera like thing on the Hau 'oli one, though, so it's plausible this is the same for the one in Konikoni. As for the rest, they have to be something else, they don't look that fashionable, except Malie City's.

Well hopefully that is the case then. I need to see the new Alola map in detail once again to really spot the difference.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Looks like Lana might be replaced as a trial captain. Brooklet Hill looks dried up.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Lt. Surge's Gym contains Guitarists, as many people have pointed out.

It seems that the place is a prototype Gym, since League is already established in this continuity.

Edit: Never mind, it seems to be Trainer Tower from Sevii Islands making a comeback.

Actually, since this is an alternate story, we don't know if this Alola has an established League or not.

Also, where are you getting the Trainer Tower info from?

Hooray! My camera clue panned out!

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Everyone did, and I'm pretty sure it's a wild one that just follows you around once you get close.

Which would that be the case? I don't recall such a thing happening ever before in the games - seems a lot more like it would suggest a (possibly optional) following feature like HGSS.

Lt. Surge's Gym contains Guitarists, as many people have pointed out.

It seems that the place is a prototype Gym, since League is already established in this continuity.

Edit: Never mind, it seems to be Trainer Tower from Sevii Islands making a comeback.

But the only similarity to Trainer Tower is the gold floors - lots of people have been noting that it looks a lot more like the Vermillion Gym.

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Nice, Kommo-o finally gets the boost it needed, I'll definitely be using it as my go-to dragon for Alola tournaments online.

As for the photo feature, I'll mess around with it a bit, but I don't see myself using it too much.

This is just my opinion. but I pick my game solely on the cover Legendary, so I'll be sticking with Ultra Moon. Even back with Gen V, I first played White Version, then Black 2. There was no way I was going to get Reshiram instead of Zekrom, especially with how awesome Black Kyurem was.

I definitely understand that, Black Kyurem is awesome.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
The new Alola Photo Club thing looks awesome! This looks like it could be a sort of PR-video like feature I wanted. :D

I am slightly concerned though that trainer customization might wind up being limited to when this feature is being used. I certainly hope not.

knightwolf09

So is nobody going to mention Kahili showing up teaching you a z-move like you finished a trial? Does that mean she's a trial captain this game?

Thure

So is nobody going to mention Kahili showing up teaching you a z-move like you finished a trial? Does that mean she's a trial captain this game?

Or Kahuna which would fit her role in the league.
Remember... Trial captains aren't allowed to be older than 20.... and she looks like an adult.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Yeah, since Lycanroc is the new Totem I can see Kahili replacing Olivia.

knightwolf09

Or Kahuna which would fit her role in the league.
Remember... Trial captains aren't allowed to be older than 20.... and she looks like an adult.

I can never guess the ages in pokemon anymore

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO