• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Thure

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer
Global Link placeholders.
If that was the case then there would be no new totem pokemon at all aside from Lycanroc, and that doesn't seem likely. I do agree that it's more likely to be a totem pokemon though- the action it does is exactly the same as the one A-Raticate/Gumshoos does during normal trial, and there isn't a glow around it.

So it seems most of the water appears to just look grey due to the lighting. As for the coastal parts, what if the tide's gone out? XD

Oh boy I was spending all of today playing Dragon Age: Inquisition, and in that game there's a massive thing in the sky, and then I go and see if there's any USUM news and wouldja look at that there's a massive thing in the sky here too.

Ok seriously though these new games look so cool. The region looks a whole lot more lively, the new art for the region, protags and starters look great, the new locations are really interesting and I'm happy to see Kahili and Ryuki doing some more stuff!

I would give more input, but my brain is fuzzy because I'm so excited.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
I just want to know if that Photo Club feature is usable by any Pokémon in your party or if it's going to be heavily restricted like the Poké Finder. Cause if it's the former, I could totally waste a lot of time with this. ^^

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I just want to know if that Photo Club feature is usable by any Pokémon in your party or if it's going to be heavily restricted like the Poké Finder. Cause if it's the former, I could totally waste a lot of time with this. ^^

Looks like it's any pokémon you have.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm thinking that PokeFinder is gone. The Pokemon Photo Club appears to have replaced it.

Stone Dragon

It bothers me that the japanese boxing is colored and we have the generic white stuff. I would have liked to get a red UltraSun box.

The photo feature is funny I guess. Its not something that keeps my interest longer since it's just a smaller feature and i doubt that I will really use it for that long. The Pokefinder feature already lost its charm after a couple of hours, since there wasnt that much to do. Hopefully the game has other good feautre to keep the longevity.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
They just added a new photo feature. PokeFinder is redundant.

Or, it could work alongside PokéFinder, using the same camera. Think of it as an expansion of features. The two things are completely different concepts, and there's no need for one to negate the others.

Unova Yorker

City Girl
I definitely feel like Game Freak is pulling a Majora's Mask with this game. Taking the same assets from Sun and Moon and mixing them around to create a new game...

Perhaps building a replica of Sinnoh using Sun and Moon style graphics takes longer then a year (Assuming we're even getting a remake.) Game Freak seems to like releasing a Pokemon Game once a year, but that's going to be more and more difficult as the games get more advanced, so they when with an "Ultra" version of the same. I believe that's why we didn't get a Pokemon Z, instead putting 100% Zygarde in Sun/Moon. I'm sure the Switch version of Pokemon is already being worked on as well.

I'm bummed that my excitement went down after this trailer. Don't let me wrong, I'm getting the game. I'm glad to have a game to play through again but... I don't know. At least I can spend hours making Pictures of my Cute Avatar and my Pokemon!! =D

2dtyplosion

I definitely feel like Game Freak is pulling a Majora's Mask with this game. Taking the same assets from Sun and Moon and mixing them around to create a new game...

Perhaps building a replica of Sinnoh using Sun and Moon style graphics takes longer then a year (Assuming we're even getting a remake.) Game Freak seems to like releasing a Pokemon Game once a year, but that's going to be more and more difficult as the games get more advanced, so they when with an "Ultra" version of the same. I believe that's why we didn't get a Pokemon Z, instead putting 100% Zygarde in Sun/Moon. I'm sure the Switch version of Pokemon is already being worked on as well.

I'm bummed that my excitement went down after this trailer. Don't let me wrong, I'm getting the game. I'm glad to have a game to play through again but... I don't know. At least I can spend hours making Pictures of my Cute Avatar and my Pokemon!! =D

Yeah I'm not gonna let myself get as hyped for this as I did Sun and Moon. This trailer just makes me feel even more like sun and moon were just unfinished and pushed out so they can cash in on the Pokemon go hype, and these are the actual finished games.

R_N

The trailer got me way more interested in the game and honestly should have been the initial teaser. Just swap out the dusk lycanroc bits with the solgaleo/lunala stuff from the first teaser. Bam! Instant interest.
Like showing a more lush version of route 1? Ok, I guess. Showing a revamped exeggutor island? Heck yes, thank you please.

shadowF

if you to 3:21 in the gameinformer video then you will see a bunch of the old villainous teams in the Alola photo club feature. Perhaps this means we can take photos in the villainous teams outfits?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The new region map is not encouraging at all, it looks like a copy/paste job with a giant black cloud. Definitely a step down from BW2, this game is looking more like a cash grabby third version than a genuine improvement.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
if you to 3:21 in the gameinformer video then you will see a bunch of the old villainous teams in the Alola photo club feature. Perhaps this means we can take photos in the villainous teams outfits?

They seem to be stickers, similar to glasses and mustache stickers.

On the other hand, apparently Japanese version of the trailer showcases Pokémon in cages in the Alolan Vulpix scene.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
The japanese trailer shows Z-moves for bewear, comfey, alolan vupix (lillies maybe?) which can be also available for alolan ninetales, and palossand. that's 5 exclusive moves now and that makes me very happy. It's like the megastones all over again, judging by the insanity that is kommo-o's. I would still like a few new alolan forms for older pokemon. If this is how they are fleshing the newly introduced ones, i'm ok with it.Poor gen 6 pokemon, the lack of a 3rd version/sequels really hurt them.