• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Hopefully they add back the Pokemon follows you. Different Pokeride Pokemon would be great too.

I think I posted this on the forums before too, but I'll repost it. I want a Lanturn ride pokémon to dive underwater with. Diving was cool in Hoenn, although they'll probably not bring it back.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Hau becoming more of the rival that we all wanted him to be would be a great change. Maybe he actually picks the right starter this time around!

I think HAu was meant to be a friendly rival while Gladion was a threatening one. Gladion's silvally got to be the right type for your starter after all. I'd rather see Hai in a more mature role like Cheren in B2W2, even though its a sequel rather than a remake. I don't want him to lose his optimism because friendly and happy aren't the opposite of mature.

I think they'll flesh out some characters we barely saw this year. Mina and Kahili in particular. Plus so crossover with other gen's characters. We might get more postgame involving Lusamine too.

The main thing I really want is a challenging in-game postgame. A proper battle frontier not just a tower.

Ioneos

old geezer
I'd love Gen II Alolan forms. Unlikely, but maybe the whole "alternate universe" thing justifies it?

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I hope the game follows a sequel after the original story from Sun/Moon, as the story leaves you blank after completing the game. That includes Lillie's journey in Kanto, Gladion's development in Aether Paradise, Lusamine's recovery, Guzma's tutoring and many that come to mind. Sun and Moon could most likely be the first initial-series of any game that feels more complete than the other generations, but I am certainly expecting to fill the missing parts of the puzzle with US/UM, unlike X/Y.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I'm finding it hard to be excited about these games. I didn't enjoy SM anywhere near as much as I did previous generations so I feel a bit letdown by this news. If they fix all the issues with SM (Plaza over PSS, SOS battles being too frequent, extremely tedious levelling, lack of triples and rotation battles, excessive handholding throughout a good chunk of the game, version exclusive clothing just to name a few), then I'll be a bit more excited.

On the plus side Europe seems to be getting them at the same time as everyone else so that's a plus.

EDIT: just saw the confirmation on the main site that the games are 3DS exclusive. Given the issues SM has on the 3DS I'm not feeling optimistic that these games will run better than their predecessors.

Last edited:

erebus

I was hoping for Sinnoh remakes first, but S/M sequels was my #2 wish. I really like the idea of S/M sequels as opposed to a second version, and the fact that there will be two games gives me hope that they are sequels. Then again Nintendo do like to shake things up so perhaps these are their first ever dual second versions?

Speculations if they are sequels:
*The green-glasses scientist from the Aether Foundation has taken over and wishes to create a powerful pokemon either to sell, or for power.
*Guzma and Plumaria are now upstanding citizens of Alola and are either trial captains, gym leaders, and/or E4 members
*The empty plots are now gyms
*Lily and her mother will come from nowhere to help with the final antagonist battle in some epic reveal
*More Sinnoh remake hints

Hopes:
*there will be a way to make your old Sun/Moon protagonist and his/her team the champion battle in the pokemon league
*New Alolan forms of gen 2-6 pokemon
*New mega evolutions and in-game ways to obtain ALL mega stones
*we get to explore more of the ultra beast dimension
*we get to catch the beasts IN that dimension

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If they do include gyms, here's my Gym and Elite 4 lineup:

Ilima (Normal) (Hauoli City)
Mindy (Psychic) (New Character) (Heahea City)
Kiawe (Fire) (Paniola Town)
Mallow (Grass) (Konikoni City)
Molayne (Steel) (Maile City)
Acerola (Ghost) (Tapu Village)
Plumeria (Poison) (Po Town)
Mina (Fairy) (Seafolk Village)

Elite 4
Hala (Fighting)
Olivia (Rock)
Kahili (Flying)
Sophocles (Electric)

Champion
Hapu (Ground)

diakyu

The name is telling me there will be more focus on the Ultra Space. Perhaps it will be explorable like the Distortion World was?

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I'm a little disappointed that we are getting a Sequel already, i expected at least 2 years in between games. Guess that means we'll get Gen 8 in December.

That said i hope we get better clothing options in US & UM. I think it's actually gotten a bit worse since X&Y, less and worse options for example.

erebus

Disappointed? Why disappointed? Surely the more games the better, right? A lot of people wanted sequels to S/M and Sinnoh remakes before the next gen comes out, me included. I just don't get why people wouldn't want this, unless there's something I'm missing here?

shadowF

So just wanted to clarify, these will be alternate stories to Pokemon Sun and Moon? same protagonists and not a sequel? so perhaps a whole different story?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
So just wanted to clarify, these will be alternate stories to Pokemon Sun and Moon? same protagonists and not a sequel? so perhaps a whole different story?

They said alternate story to Pokémon Sun and Moon, but not exactly what that means. All that means is that the story won't be the same. Could still be a sequel, which is itself actually a different story. My guess is on sequels since they're using the same names.

.Aerodactyl.

What I think is very likely to be in these games:
1. Pokémon following you around.
2. A fossil park where we can catch fossil Pokémon already revived, similar to like a safari zone (there's a guy in Sun and Moon who is building one but hasn't finished it yet).
3. Gyms and an elite four (though I could see trials also staying along side to obtain Z-crystals).
4. Move tutors
5. More customization options
6. Some new Z crystals
7. A new smaller island for exploration post game.

What I would like to be in the games but what I think is far less likely:
1. A battle frontier
2. New Alolan forms
3. New Pokémon all together
4. Difficulty setting

diakyu

They say it's an "alternative take" on the story. The story should be significantly different and as for the protagonists they seem to live in the same house but they have a design overhaul. Much larger than the overhaul to the protagonists in previous third versions.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Disappointed? Why disappointed? Surely the more games the better, right? A lot of people wanted sequels to S/M and Sinnoh remakes before the next gen comes out, me included. I just don't get why people wouldn't want this, unless there's something I'm missing here?

Easy.

It's been barely a year since we got to Alola.

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
I have my fingers crossed that the Legendary Pokemon are no longer shiny locked. I really want to hunt the Tapu-ones in shiny form. Would be cool if the same happened with the Ultra Beasts too.