• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Disappointed? Why disappointed? Surely the more games the better, right? A lot of people wanted sequels to S/M and Sinnoh remakes before the next gen comes out, me included. I just don't get why people wouldn't want this, unless there's something I'm missing here?

Easy.

It's been barely a year since we got to Alola.

Basically This. They dont have to rush toward 8th gen is all

Pilpulp

美的
Yeah, not as excited for this.

If they had gone the route of B2W2 and made it a proper sequel that would be more interesting.

Right now though it just seems like an Emerald/Platinum, which shouldn't be happening in 2017, and there's two versions which makes it even worse.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Easy.

So? I'm pretty much done with Sun and Moon by now, I've got all the TMs, beaten the game, completed my pokédex, got all the Z-crystals except the ones for Ash-hat Pikachu, Mew, and Marshadow, pretty much got all stamps in the trainer passport, and done some battle spot battling. I suppose I could train up more teams for competitive or try to get shinies but meh, I'd like to go for a new game and actually explore things again, experience a new story. It's not like this means that gen8 is coming close or anything.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

erebus

Easy.

And??? How does that translate to disappointment, exactly? The quicker we get these games the quicker we get whatever is coming after, etc.
What am I missing here? Where is the negative side to this? Have some people not finished playing Sun/Moon or something? If so that sounds like a 'you' problem and not a 'every other pokemon fan' problem.

Anyway... I'm intrigued by all this talk of them being an alternate re-telling, but fail to see how this would separate them enough from all the other third version releases like Platinum. Sequels would be better.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Only thing I'm disappointed about is its not on Switch but ah well.

I'm interested in seeing whether Festival Plaza makes a return or whether they'll incorporate some form of PSS.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
1. Pokémon following you around.
This certainly seems supported in the trailer, given in the one scene with the player character running around there is a Wingull flying behind him.

Aside from move-tutors, improved movesets and other such things we can expect, I am hoping they can fix the lag issues from S/M.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Only thing I'm disappointed about is its not on Switch but ah well.

I'm interested in seeing whether Festival Plaza makes a return or whether they'll incorporate some form of PSS.

It's pretty darn good that it's not on the Switch if you ask me. Now the games will actually be affordable for more people. :)

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
It's pretty darn good that it's not on the Switch if you ask me. Now the games will actually be affordable for more people. :)

But I want Pokemon on my TV!!!!

wahwahwah,it snot fair

Mudster

Master of the Legend
I don't recognise where the Pikachu caravan is in Alola - so new islands maybe? Perhaps more to west of Poni? It certainly could present an 'alternate' adventure to Sun/Moon, and justify unseen forms and Pokémon in the dex. We could then travel to the other 3 islands after dealing with the main game.

I also hope that legendaries and ultra beasts are no longer shiny locked this time around.

diakyu

The scene with the starters isn't on the stage in the first town, it's an entirely new scene.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Maybe we'll get the Sinnoh remakes on the Switch. It'd explain why we get these Alola games first, it'd be weird to first release Sinnoh remakes on the Switch only to go back to the 3DS for the next Alola games. And keeping the Alola games on the 3DS just saves significant amounts of time and money in development as they already have the foundation from Sun and Moon to build on. Foundations that have already been bugtested and proven to work. It also gives them more time to work on those Sinnoh remakes and transitioning to the Switch, it wouldn't surprise me if they're already working on those right now behind the scenes.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Here's what I really want in this game:

1.) Facial expressions within context of the events transpiring around them for the protagonist.

That's it.

Akashin

This certainly seems supported in the trailer, given in the one scene with the player character running around there is a Wingull flying behind him.

The Wingull starts off behind them, circles around them and then flies off past them. It seems to just be a random overworld Pokemon.

Using a Wingull to show off Walking Pokemon in a scene seemingly early in the game would have been strange in any case.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod

1.) Facial expressions within context of the events transpiring around them for the protagonist.

That's it.
Hear hear! Better modelling too (walking NPCs, and also a non-struggling 3DS if possible for battles. Hey GF remember the idea of a 3D overworld that'd be neat).

Doubt that'll happen though.

erebus

Yeah, no, sorry. Still don't get it. One year between gens is better than two years between gens. We're all enjoying it, right? So as long as quality isn't giving out for quantity then I really don't get all the whining. Sorry if this comes across as harsh or condescending but something about this kind of attitude just irks me so much, it seems like a gratitude problem to me tbh.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

That's it.
Yes please. That blank smile the character always had still haunts my nightmares...

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
You can see that in the end of the trailer that MC keeps the blank smile.

Rio!

Composer

Then too, 3Ds has been around for what, 5/6 years at this point? As I see it, waiting an additional year would mean a main title releasing on an aging console, or do an odd mid-gen flip to switch.

I do admit I wasn't a fan of how sun/moon ran on even n3ds hardware.