• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
XY, ORAs, and SM had presence at E3 so no reason to see why it would change now. Prolly a trailer and perhaps a treehouse segment.

I'm slightly worried we won't get much because they waited so long before even deciding to reveal the games in the first place. I'm gonna be prepared in case we don't get much.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Perfect? The males couldn't even wear pants. How is that perfect?

Oops. Well I never played Sun and Moon as the male playable character, so I didn't really have much knowledge of his wardrobe options. In this case then, I do hope that we'll at least see him get more variety of clothing in UltraSun and UltraMoon.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Yeah, I hope that male player characters can have regular pants too. I can't remember very guys I've seen in real life who wear capris (I know I don't, lol).

Exceed

o m e g a
Given Corocoro is going to leak soon, I'm sure either way we're going to get some news VERY soon. I remember back with ORAS, Corocoro leaked a few days before we got the trailer for the games at e3. Got a strong feeling it'll be the same this year!

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Given Corocoro is going to leak soon, I'm sure either way we're going to get some news VERY soon. I remember back with ORAS, Corocoro leaked a few days before we got the trailer for the games at e3. Got a strong feeling it'll be the same this year!

I dunno, it seems too soon after the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon announcement to expect much new info. I don't expect much of that until next month at the earliest. ^^

I'm slightly worried we won't get much because they waited so long before even deciding to reveal the games in the first place. I'm gonna be prepared in case we don't get much.

I feel like they might've only revealed it so late so it could be revealed alongside the Pokken port, and maybe the trailer took a while to record.

Exceed

o m e g a
I dunno, it seems too soon after the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon announcement to expect much new info. I don't expect much of that until next month at the earliest. ^^

Only problem is that the games are in fact only five months away, so that in a sense 'forces' GameFreak to update us! But anyway, I'm still gonna hold on to my hunches that we'll get something in corocoro at least ;p

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Only problem is that the games are in fact only five months away, so that in a sense 'forces' GameFreak to update us! But anyway, I'm still gonna hold on to my hunches that we'll get something in corocoro at least ;p

Platinum was announced May 2008, then released September 2008.
B2W2 was announced February 2012, and then released June 2012.

These games only had 4 months between reveal and launch.

Considering USUM are just third versions, there's really isn't much to showcase apart from the updates, new characters, forms, and mechanics they're going to implement. 5 months is good enough.

knightwolf09

I'm still curious about the new z-ring and crystal. All we know is they are different shapes, they have a rotating function, and when the crystal is turned, z-power seems to exit or be absorbed by it.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I'm still curious about the new z-ring and crystal. All we know is they are different shapes, they have a rotating function, and when the crystal is turned, z-power seems to exit or be absorbed by it.

The multicoloured light it emits after the crystal is twisted makes me think of Mega Evolution, it would've been a nice teaser if it is.

Exceed

o m e g a
Platinum was announced May 2008, then released September 2008.
B2W2 was announced February 2012, and then released June 2012.

These games only had 4 months between reveal and launch.

Considering USUM are just third versions, there's really isn't much to showcase apart from the updates, new characters, forms, and mechanics they're going to implement. 5 months is good enough.

Wait, but doesn't mean you're agreeing with me? What I was talking about was 'new characters, forms, and mechanic' just as you mentioned. I expect to see information about the new formes AT LEAST in this month's Corocoro.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I was thinking about Lycanroc's possible new form(s) and I was thinking, what if Lycanroc got a Mega Stome giving it a different form for each form of Mega Lycanroc(Maybe a differerent typing too). Very unlikely but imagine the name of the Mega Stone - Lycanite.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Each individual Lycanroc would be considered a form of its own, which wouldn't solve the issue(there are supposed to be three more in total, we presume two of them are totems. If each form gets a mega on its own, you still have one more form).

Pikachu111213

Traveler
So I read a couple pages back (and watched videos) on the gyms being in USUM theory. If this is true, who would be the gym leaders? I compiled a list of all the left over Trial captains/kahunas when you take out those in the league, and there are 8:
Ilima
Lana
Kiawe
Mallow
Sophocles
Nanu
Hapu
Mina
This would lead to the gyms being Normal, Water, Fire, Grass, Electric, Dark (yeah our first), Ground, and Fairy

Thure

So I read a couple pages back (and watched videos) on the gyms being in USUM theory. If this is true, who would be the gym leaders? I compiled a list of all the left over Trial captains/kahunas when you take out those in the league, and there are 8:
Ilima
Lana
Kiawe
Mallow
Sophocles
Nanu
Hapu
Mina
This would lead to the gyms being Normal, Water, Fire, Grass, Electric, Dark (yeah our first), Ground, and Fairy

I doubt Nanu would be Gym leader. He only was Kahuna because the Tapu wanted it and didn't join the Top 4 because it wasn't a job by the Tapu. I would doubt he would accect the job as Gym Leader unless it's offered him by the Tapu.

erebus

I'll give you that it had as close to an original plot as Pokémon has had in a long time, but the plot was short and as Sceptile Leaf Blade mention, it appeared shortcuts were taken.

I'm in agreement that they seem to have decided to do less pokemon each gen now, but that doesn't mean it's more enjoyable with less new creatures. Also, if they're making less new creatures, they should have time to add more content.

I think you may be missing the point of why people would be disappointed with slightly altered games. Basically, if they don't make enough changes, you're shelling out to replay a game you already own, just with a few new features. Basically the game they feel like Sun/Moon should have been in the first place.

Oh, I get what you mean now. I thought people were just complaining simply because a new game was announced to come out so soon after Sun/Moon, but if people are saying that bringing one out so soon means a re-hash instead of an original, or even a remake, then I get it (that basically if they waited longer to bring out the next game, then that next game could be something much better than a slightly altered version). However, you can't blame me for thinking that people are just complaining from basic ingratitude, as I've seen it on these forums a few times before concerning the announcement of other games.

I agree that the more new pokemon per new gen the better btw. I have been disappointed by the lack of new pokes in the last two gens, but can totally understand why they decided to go that route. After all, if they intend to stretch out this franchise as long as possible it would make sense to hold back on the number of new pokes from now on.

I'm fully anticipating US/UM to be platinum-esque updated to S/M, which is kinda disappointing considering they've done sequels before now. In fact, you'd think that sequels would be more profitable than updates, considering they ARE new games with a new storyline, but can also be cost effective in production due to the region and characters being mostly rendered already. I really don't understand why they didn't give X/Y a sequel, and every other gen going forward.

Skrrtskrrt

Id say it's a B2 and W2 like game with the Absofusion and the fact that necrozma isn't a ultra beast but a legendary that no one knows the origins of like kyurem I think the 3 from sun and moon could be related

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Wait, but doesn't mean you're agreeing with me? What I was talking about was 'new characters, forms, and mechanic' just as you mentioned. I expect to see information about the new formes AT LEAST in this month's Corocoro.

Yes and no.
I expect some information about the game during or post-E3, but not from CoroCoro. It might have information, but it might just reiterate what was revealed beforehand.

Last year, SM's pre-release information primarily came from the official sites and YouTube rather than CoroCoro. So I expect them to do the same with USUM.

sitekickdude1432

Mega Absol <3
I'm just extremely curious about that new z-ring that the player was wearing, that looks like it will be sweet. I almost wonder if it will be a new kind of z-move?

Either way, back on the hype train I guess.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Adding to this, the player character also looks like he's in an Ultra Wormhole during that Z-Ring scene...