• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I keep checking back, assuming that CoroCoro will have leaked by now, but it never does. :/

I usually don't expect Corocoro to leak until the 12th or 13th. A little patience goes a long way. :)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
They still could add extra areas... even if it's the same time.

And we still don't know where this area is because it's not existing in SM:

View attachment 16733

https://www.pidgi.net/wiki/images/7/71/Alola_region_map_-_Pokemon_Sun_and_Moon.jpg

Kindly point to me where they can add a BW2 size expansion to Alola. They do have that one new area, but that's just one area and doesn't indicate anywhere near as big of an update. That would be more on par with a regular third version, not BW2. As far as BW2 tier expansions go, the region is almost completely full up, something of that scale is all but ruled out. The best we're likely going to see is something on par with Emerald, largely the same with several bonus areas.

knightwolf09

https://www.pidgi.net/wiki/images/7/71/Alola_region_map_-_Pokemon_Sun_and_Moon.jpg

Kindly point to me where they can add a BW2 size expansion to Alola. They do have that one new area, but that's just one area and doesn't indicate anywhere near as big of an update. That would be more on par with a regular third version, not BW2. As far as BW2 tier expansions go, the region is almost completely full up, something of that scale is all but ruled out. The best we're likely going to see is something on par with Emerald, largely the same with several bonus areas.

Black and White 2 wasn't really an expansion. They mostly added new towns and stuff to stuff already on the map while taking away other areas. You can do the same to Alola, say some special area in the desert, wandering the golf course, and actual town besides the boats in Poni. There's another idea, more new islands like Exeggutor Island.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Black and White 2 wasn't really an expansion. They mostly added new towns and stuff to stuff already on the map while taking away other areas.

BW2 added much more than it took away though, so overall it was a significant expansion.

Here's what BW2 added:
-Aspertia City
-Rt. 19
-Flocessy Town
-Rt. 20
-Flocessy Ranch
-Virbank City
-Virbank Complex
-Castelia Sewers
-PWT
-Relic Passage
-Lentimas Town
-Reversal Mountain
-Marine Tube
-Humilau City
-Rt. 21
-Seaside Cave
-Plasma Frigate
-Rt. 22
-Rt. 23
-BW2's Victory Road
-Clay Tunnel
-Nature Preserve

And here's what it removed:
-Rt. 10
-The original Victory Road
-Cold Storage
-Challenger's Cave
-All of Relic Castle except the two upper floors and the bottom floor

That is overwhelmingly a net gain.

You can do the same to Alola, say some special area in the desert, wandering the golf course, and actual town besides the boats in Poni. There's another idea, more new islands like Exeggutor Island.

Again, with what area? Alola's landmass is about 90% full, there's simply no room for the kind of expansion that BW2 had.

Exsception

Born Completionist
Again, with what area? Alola's landmass is about 90% full, there's simply no room for the kind of expansion that BW2 had.

Why can't they add an entirely new island for post game? Seems pretty likely to me.
And if this is an AU, then that would explain the absence of said island from S/M.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Why can't they add an entirely new island for post game? Seems pretty likely to me.
And if this is an AU, then that would explain the absence of said island from S/M.

That much might be possible, but extra post game content doesn't quite have the same impact as a shakeup of the main campaign. Look at FRLG, it added a lot of post game areas, but it's still remembered as being fairly samey because they did almost nothing to change the main game.

knightwolf09

BW2 added much more than it took away though, so overall it was a significant expansion.

Here's what BW2 added:
-Aspertia City
-Rt. 19
-Flocessy Town
-Rt. 20
-Flocessy Ranch
-Virbank City
-Virbank Complex
-Castelia Sewers
-PWT
-Relic Passage
-Lentimas Town
-Reversal Mountain
-Marine Tube
-Humilau City
-Rt. 21
-Seaside Cave
-Plasma Frigate
-Rt. 22
-Rt. 23
-BW2's Victory Road
-Clay Tunnel
-Nature Preserve

And here's what it removed:
-Rt. 10
-The original Victory Road
-Cold Storage
-Challenger's Cave
-All of Relic Castle except the two upper floors and the bottom floor

Just look at this comparison. It isn't really much when you look at it

https://i.imgur.com/mHqfd.jpg

This is what I meant by adding stuff to already existing areas on the map. I know you're pretty much convinced Alola can't do much, but I think they are capable of doing so.

SinnohEevee

There are only four Tapu, so I doubt they could add new main islands. But maybe they could add small ones.
Also, Poni Island doesn't have much stuff on it.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Y'know, if they don't want to add new islands, they could always expand the existing islands by adding more landmass and make them bigger.
Nothing says that they have to limit themselves with the existing sizes of the islands.

Besides, Molokai (Green/Oma'oma'o) and Lanai (Orange/Alani) islands haven't been represented yet.
I would also say Ni'ihau (White/Ke'oke'o) and Kaho'olawe (Grey/Ahinahina) but Ni'ihau was probably Exeggutor Island, and Kaho'olawe was the island off the coast of Route 7.

There's also the Leeward Islands that are pretty much Sevii-like.

Fayh

I think it's plausible that they add new islands.
Alola only includes five of the eight Hawaiian main islands.

O'ahu = Melemele
Maui = Akala
Hawaii = Ulaula
Kaua'i = Poni
Ni'ihau = Exeggutor island

That leaves Moloka'i, Lana'i and Kaho'olawe as possible additional islands in USUM, right? o:

Moloka'i = Omaomao?
Lana'i = Alani?
Kaho'olawe = Ahinahina?

I think it would be very fitting.

Aetius

Let us not forget that if US e UM are set in an alternate dimension like it was implied, the presence of new islands would make a bit of sense.
An example to give credibility to this statement? Seviil Islands! In the original Red, Blue & Yellow there wasn't an island archipelago, but in their remakes there was.
And since according to a theory of mine each Pokèmon version may reside in a different universe and in a dimension of its own, then you may understand what Im' trying to say here.
Basically it would make sense the presence of new landmasses in US and UM that weren't in the original Sun & Moon.

Thure

I see a big free space on the map in the south... And there were some places on the Islands wie never visited. There are many ways how they could expand. If BW2 can add a land mass which didn't exist before... why can't USUM?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
There are only four Tapu, so I doubt they could add new main islands. But maybe they could add small ones.

That's hardly a limiting factor. They could either simply say that the new island has no Guardian, or maybe the island isn't part of the traditional Alola Region, but is considered part of it geographically. They could even do something random and have all four Guardians have joint custody over the new island. My point is, if they want to make a new island, a lack of Guardians won't get in the way.

Leosnake

E3 starts tomorrow but it doesn't look like there will be anything on the new Pokemon games at the moment. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-all-the-3ds-games-confirmed-so-far/1100-6450651/

Some more news on the new Strange Journey game though.

Edit:
That's hardly a limiting factor. They could either simply say that the new island has no Guardian, or maybe the island isn't part of the traditional Alola Region, but is considered part of it geographically. They could even do something random and have all four Guardians have joint custody over the new island. My point is, if they want to make a new island, a lack of Guardians won't get in the way.

This in fact they could turn the whole Ultra space area into a sort of new island in it's own right. Since we didn't see very much of it.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
E3 starts tomorrow but it doesn't look like there will be anything on the new Pokemon games at the moment. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-all-the-3ds-games-confirmed-so-far/1100-6450651/

Some more news on the new Strange Journey game though.

Edit:

This in fact they could turn the whole Ultra space area into a sort of new island in it's own right. Since we didn't see very much of it.

Well, considering Masuda won't be at E3, you shouldn't expect any info on the new Pokémon games. My take is they will reveal info from July and on.

Leosnake

Well, considering Masuda won't be at E3, you shouldn't expect any info on the new Pokémon games. My take is they will reveal info from July and on.

True but since these are the equivalent to the 3rd game in this series I wasn't sure if someone else from the team was going to show up instead. Maybe someone responsible for one of the new features they hinted at or something. Plus I was more letting others on here known rather than expecting much myself.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Reggie did say that the 3DS will be getting a lot of love this E3.
There is still is a small chance of them showing something.

Do you guys think there will be any mega evolutions in this? Maybe introduced or more mega stones availible.

They could, but I honestly think they won't. Gen 7 is pretty much about Z Moves and Alolan Forms while Gen 6 is about Mega Evolution.
Also, the fact that they didn't even include all existing Megas in the game seems to imply that it isn't really their priority.
Furthermore, we know that they did something new with the Z-Ring.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
There is a ton of open water space on the Alolan map. They could simply add another island and not have to explain it in an alternate universe. They could claim a recent volcanic eruption created a new island if it's a sequel. OR They could easily add another "man-made island" for the Pokemon League and/or anything post-game (move the Battle Tree) and fill their places with new towns/facilities. There's also a lot of open land on Poni.

Also, Poni Island doesn't have much stuff on it.
What if Necrozma rules the fifth island?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Shigeru Ohmori is coming to E3, though Masuda-san isn't.

This might imply Ohmori is the director of this game as well.