• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Shigeru Ohmori is coming to E3, though Masuda-san isn't.

This might imply Ohmori is the director of this game as well.

Is there any proof? For Ohmori's presence in E3, I mean.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
That's hardly a limiting factor. They could either simply say that the new island has no Guardian, or maybe the island isn't part of the traditional Alola Region, but is considered part of it geographically. They could even do something random and have all four Guardians have joint custody over the new island. My point is, if they want to make a new island, a lack of Guardians won't get in the way.

has it been said where the guardians do their royal rumble? Maybe they could have the island be the place where the royal rumbles occur every time as to not give one of the guardians an upper hand.

There is a ton of open water space on the Alolan map. They could simply add another island and not have to explain it in an alternate universe. They could claim a recent volcanic eruption created a new island if it's a sequel. OR They could easily add another "man-made island" for the Pokemon League and/or anything post-game (move the Battle Tree) and fill their places with new towns/facilities. There's also a lot of open land on Poni.

What if Necrozma rules the fifth island?

Isn't aether island man-made already?

Leosnake

Shigeru Ohmori is coming to E3, though Masuda-san isn't.

This might imply Ohmori is the director of this game as well.

I am suddenly even more excited for Nintendo E3.

I am suddenly even more excited for Nintendo E3.

Apparently something for Pokken DX is happening in the Treehouse segment, so it might be that, but I'm not sure.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Apparently something for Pokken DX is happening in the Treehouse segment, so it might be that, but I'm not sure.

I'm still not going to hope too much for information on these games until at least August. Clearly, they're going to drag their feet with information reveals this time around. We've already been subjected to this I feel with the announcement that the games even exist.

knightwolf09

I'm still not going to hope too much for information on these games until at least August. Clearly, they're going to drag their feet with information reveals this time around. We've already been subjected to this I feel with the announcement that the games even exist.

We only have 5 months till the games release, July already seems more than good enough to start showing info.

Vaporias

Okay, I haven't had time to fully catch up on the thread due to how fast the pages are going so I'm just going to put this here.

I've been playing Pokemon Sun lately(as I already completed Moon), and now that I have this info for USUM in my head, I've noticed some things. One, Part of Lusamine's outfit(namely the way her shoes are and the giant black diamond thing as a brooch, shoes moreso) are reminiscent of Ultra! Solgaleo's feet. Now I'm at the part where you fight Nanu(Kahuna of Ula Ula Island) and he has a black Z-Ring, similar to the one the player has in the USUM teaser trailer that dropped during the Direct.

There may be more things that I might need to take a closer look at(like Mother Beast for example), but I can't be the only one who thinks that the way USUM are so far was foreshadowed from the getgo.

desdar300

Ohmori didn't work on Pokken so we'll likely get something on USUM.
Literally anything will be good since we know nothing.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It sounds like Ohmori is directing all future games from now on. Considering that he's directed every game since ORAS, and one of them was a new generation, he may be taking the reins from Masuda. So if he's showing up, we'll probably see some USUM content.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
It sounds like Ohmori is directing all future games from now on. Considering that he's directed every game since ORAS, and one of them was a new generation, he may be taking the reins from Masuda. So if he's showing up, we'll probably see some USUM content.

Well, I can see Lockstin's Ultimate Pokémon Theory become more and more possible now. Just let us explore random houses and hotels fully okay? And get rid of Gen V Exp system. The two things that need fixing on my opinion.

Thure

Well, I can see Lockstin's Ultimate Pokémon Theory become more and more possible now. Just let us explore random houses and hotels fully okay? And get rid of Gen V Exp system. The two things that need fixing on my opinion.

Fully? You want to explore a big hotel like this fully? That would be a little bit much... More space than the whole island.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

What does this have to do with Ohmori?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If gyms don't come back, what do you think the purposes of the empty plots in SM are?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
If gyms don't come back, what do you think the purposes of the empty plots in SM are?

I'm thinking some sort of alternative Battle themed facilities, each with their own unique set of rules. Something similar to the Battle Frontier but functioning like the Battle Tents from Emerald. Either that or new move tutor stands for new moves to be taught. We would have the ones that seem to always be move tutored and a mix of new ones such as Burn Up and ones not seen for awhile like Vacuum Wave.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Am I allowed to discuss rumors or leaks in these threads? Or do I have to create a new thread to discuss them?