• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

knightwolf09

This was just one place. In Alola we have multible ones which are quite suspectios. Even one on a swiming city.

I do feel like the map's gonna be updated in some way, and the empty lots are definitely and obvious hint something's being added. Whether there are gyms or not is up in the air, since I'm not sure if Alola will just throw away their tradition of trials for em, especially when Kukui made the league that you can enter once you clear all the trials anyway.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm thinking that there will be a lot of references to Gen 2 like SM had references to Gen 1.

shadowF

So realistically, when are we going to get more news on Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon? I know Shigeru Ohmori is in E3 right now but I think he mentioned on twitter he was just there to visit and not do any Pokemon announcements.

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
So, I stumbled upon this theory, and it's a pretty neat one.

So, apparently, the amulet in SuMo, having 4 colors, represented the Islands/Tapu's, each one being a different color. In the new trailer, the same symbol from the Amulets/Island Colors, appear on Solageo and Lunala's head. The colors have the same scheme as in SuMo, but with a few changes. So, the theory goes, what if this is hints at the big island with the Volcano splitting off to become multiple islands (represented by the new colors) thus, representing the remaining islands of Hawaii that weren't in SuMo?

I feel like I did a horrible job at explaining that, and the video I watched did a much better job, and I would have linked it, but after all these years on Serebii, I'm still not 100% on what's allowed and what isn't.

Either way, I thought it was a neat theory, and there is some sort of truth to the speculation, it would offer up the "missing" extra play space people have been complaining about. I've noticed people say that there isn't "room to expand" on the islands themselves, but what if one island splintered off (because of a volcanic eruption perhaps) thus creating new islands, which them would maybe hold new Trials, or Pokemon Forms or even new Pokemon?!?! (Obviously new pokemon and new forms are highly unlikely, but it's fun to hope)

knightwolf09

So, I stumbled upon this theory, and it's a pretty neat one.

So, apparently, the amulet in SuMo, having 4 colors, represented the Islands/Tapu's, each one being a different color. In the new trailer, the same symbol from the Amulets/Island Colors, appear on Solageo and Lunala's head. The colors have the same scheme as in SuMo, but with a few changes. So, the theory goes, what if this is hints at the big island with the Volcano splitting off to become multiple islands (represented by the new colors) thus, representing the remaining islands of Hawaii that weren't in SuMo?

I feel like I did a horrible job at explaining that, and the video I watched did a much better job, and I would have linked it, but after all these years on Serebii, I'm still not 100% on what's allowed and what isn't.

Either way, I thought it was a neat theory, and there is some sort of truth to the speculation, it would offer up the "missing" extra play space people have been complaining about. I've noticed people say that there isn't "room to expand" on the islands themselves, but what if one island splintered off (because of a volcanic eruption perhaps) thus creating new islands, which them would maybe hold new Trials, or Pokemon Forms or even new Pokemon?!?! (Obviously new pokemon and new forms are highly unlikely, but it's fun to hope)

They could do that, and it'd be BW2-esque, but I'm not to sure how a symbol the represents a prism on a legendary pokemon relates to something that functions as a passport.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So realistically, when are we going to get more news on Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon? I know Shigeru Ohmori is in E3 right now but I think he mentioned on twitter he was just there to visit and not do any Pokemon announcements.

Next Corocoro might have something, but in general we won't get much until August.

B2W2 got its main promotion starting in April, and released in July. Conjecturally, this would correspond to August for USUM.

mykalriley

They could do that, and it'd be BW2-esque, but I'm not to sure how a symbol the represents a prism on a legendary pokemon relates to something that functions as a passport.

I can see how I might not have explained the correlation between the two very clearly. The video I saw did a MUCH better job lol

From what I gather, the colors in the amulet represented the islands, and somehow tied in with the colors on necrozmas head... idk.. but it was a neat theory

I can see how I might not have explained the correlation between the two very clearly. The video I saw did a MUCH better job lol

From what I gather, the colors in the amulet represented the islands, and somehow tied in with the colors on necrozmas head... idk.. but it was a neat theory

I think I know which theory you're referring to, but to me it's a way too far stretch for me. The locations of each colour are extremely unusual compared to the Island Challenge Amulet, and it also makes completely no sense for two beings from another universe to form a symbol relative to Alola when they're fused.

Woodsman

The colors on Solgaleo and Lunala's foreheads in their new forms are the seven colors of the rainbow. They're very visibly missing pink, and there's the fact that you can create a rainbow refracting light through a prism. Given that Necrozma is the Prism Pokemon, well... seems the far more likely explanation. Plus, you can see those colors in Necrozma's "face" anyway.

mykalriley

The colors on Solgaleo and Lunala's foreheads in their new forms are the seven colors of the rainbow. They're very visibly missing pink, and there's the fact that you can create a rainbow refracting light through a prism. Given that Necrozma is the Prism Pokemon, well... seems the far more likely explanation. Plus, you can see those colors in Necrozma's "face" anyway.

No doubt, I just thought that it was a neat theory is all....

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I love how we don't even know anything about USUM yet and they're already hyping up a main game on the Switch (which is most likely 8th gen). Is USUM really that much of an afterthought to Game Freak? I mean, I know that third versions don't sell well compared to other games, but they've never teased a new Pokemon game more than a year before it's ready for release. I didn't think they needed damage control this badly.

Fayh

I love how we don't even know anything about USUM yet and they're already hyping up a main game on the Switch (which is most likely 8th gen). Is USUM really that much of an afterthought to Game Freak? I mean, I know that third versions don't sell well compared to other games, but they've never teased a new Pokemon game more than a year before it's ready for release. I didn't think they needed damage control this badly.
I'm not sure what you mean with "damage control", since S/M were (are) selling really well and USUM will probably sell well too.

I assume they simply mentioned a new Pokémon game this early because it will be the first time a main series game will be available for a home console, so they want to get people interested early and tempt them into buying a Switch asap. I definitely will consider picking up a Switch over the course of the next year now that I have the official confirmation of a new core Pokémon game. (Gen 8 can't come fast enough!)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm not sure what you mean with "damage control", since S/M were (are) selling really well and USUM will probably sell well too.

I assume they simply mentioned a new Pokémon game this early because it will be the first time a main series game will be available for a home console, so they want to get people interested early and tempt them into buying a Switch asap. I definitely will consider picking up a Switch over the course of the next year now that I have the official confirmation of a new core Pokémon game. (Gen 8 can't come fast enough!)

I'm referring to the negativity over USUM's announcement. There were a lot of people that believed the Stars rumor and expected a Switch Pokemon game in 2017, and still others that are nervous about this being a regular third version. Whether or not those were reasonable expectations, the fanbase has been pretty vocal about not liking this announcement, so it sounds like they just made this announcement to calm people down. I doubt it has anything to do with it being a home console game. They'll definitely hype that fact when it's time, but since they're clearly not ready to talk about the game yet they have no real need to promote it right now. Fans will have plenty of time to save up when the game is actually announced. The hardcore fans are the only ones really paying attention to this broadcast, so that's who they're probably trying to speak to, and those are also the people complaining about USUM.

At any rate, I don't want to get too off topic talking about that mystery Switch game, the reason I brought it up is because it does kind of take the wind out of USUM's sails and the timing is unusual. So that does sort of imply that this game isn't all that, otherwise they could just double down and show why USUM isn't what people are making it out to be.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm referring to the negativity over USUM's announcement. There were a lot of people that believed the Stars rumor and expected a Switch Pokemon game in 2017, and still others that are nervous about this being a regular third version. Whether or not those were reasonable expectations, the fanbase has been pretty vocal about not liking this announcement, so it sounds like they just made this announcement to calm people down. I doubt it has anything to do with it being a home console game. They'll definitely hype that fact when it's time, but since they're clearly not ready to talk about the game yet they have no real need to promote it right now. Fans will have plenty of time to save up when the game is actually announced. The hardcore fans are the only ones really paying attention to this broadcast, so that's who they're probably trying to speak to, and those are also the people complaining about USUM.

At any rate, I don't want to get too off topic talking about that mystery Switch game, the reason I brought it up is because it does kind of take the wind out of USUM's sails and the timing is unusual. So that does sort of imply that this game isn't all that, otherwise they could just double down and show why USUM isn't what people are making it out to be.

And it comes very shortly after the other game. Sooo it's another $40 odd to $80 odd dollars to put aside. I could see why people might be a little concerned on that end. I'm on the wait and see for more information train for now myself.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly my one wish I want for this game is for Lillie to be our main rival, I'm sorry but Hau was pretty lame to me so hopefully they don't make him the rival, especially since he was never really a challenge.

Fayh

Ah I see what you mean.
But I think it's highly unlikely they decided to suddenly "announce" a game just because a few people whined about their last Direct.
I think they mentioned the new game simply to get more people talking about them at the E3. And it obviously worked.

I don't feel like it takes any wind out of USUM's sails. The games will be released for different consoles with a year (or more) between them. I can get hyped for two different games at once for sure. o:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Ah I see what you mean.
But I think it's highly unlikely they decided to suddenly "announce" a game just because a few people whined about their last Direct.
I think they mentioned the new game simply to get more people talking about them at the E3. And it obviously worked.

I don't feel like it takes any wind out of USUM's sails. The games will be released for different consoles with a year (or more) between them. I can get hyped for two different games at once for sure. o:

Some people may not have the luxury or interest in buying two games though, so hinting at a new game on the Switch will discourage people from buying USUM when they know a better game is on the horizon. They're on different consoles yes, but if Game Freak is making a main game it means they're selling to the same audience. So this does cannibalize USUM's audience.