• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Dragon Pulse

What if USUM are just prequels to Sun and Moon? That'd be really cool. Maybe these forms of Solgaleo and Lunala were their original appearances, and over time they changed.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
What if USUM are just prequels to Sun and Moon? That'd be really cool. Maybe these forms of Solgaleo and Lunala were their original appearances, and over time they changed.

That would conflict with Nebby. There is no Solgaleo/Lunala yet.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Except we already know we're playing as the same character as the ones from Sun and Moon, so that doesn't work.

That would conflict with Nebby. There is no Solgaleo/Lunala yet.

Well, Nebby wasn't the first Solgaleo/Lunala to exist. There were ones in Legends, plus the one from the other world, so any number of excuses could technically be used.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So... the movie is out on theaters this Friday, July 15th in Japan. Anyone else think that they would throw a game trailer at the end?
It's the same day as CoroCoro's issue date (though pretty sure it would leak beforehand), and Marshadow's event distribution (JP).

Pikachu111213

Traveler
So... the movie is out on theaters this Friday, July 15th in Japan. Anyone else think that they would throw a game trailer at the end?
It's the same day as CoroCoro's issue date (though pretty sure it would leak beforehand), and Marshadow's event distribution (JP).

I didn't even think about this. I'm sure they will. I mean have they ever not?

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

I hope we do and it's like past times, where we only get a description to (literally) draw from. It was fun seeing how accurate those little sketches of Victini and Zygarde Core were compared to when we got the final designs.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
They didn't for SM last year or ORAS in 2014, I believe (or at least not a trailer with anything new to report, at the least), though they did for XY in 2013.

Yeah I'm not expecting anything huge from it. Just would be nice to have at least some new footage. I mean it's been over a month since the games reveal and we have what? Like five screenshots?

shadowF

So Serebii just said on his personal twitter that he found the cover of CoroCoro and it only has just the Ho-Oh distribution indicating nothing about there being Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon content in it. So I guess it is best to vastly lower our expectations on news. Would not be Surprised if August is when the first news that will hit.

.Aerodactyl.

So Serebii just said on his personal twitter that he found the cover of CoroCoro and it only has just the Ho-Oh distribution indicating nothing about there being Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon content in it. So I guess it is best to vastly lower our expectations on news. Would not be Surprised if August is when the first news that will hit.

Thanks for the info!!! That's cutting it close to release though... wow. Seems like they're really trying to shake up their advertising model this time around. A lot of people did complain that they showed too much before release for ORAS and Sumo though, so maybe they think this will be better for their sales and are catering to that crowd to see the effect it has.

I super want info though XD. Just something, even if it's super tiny, you know? There isn't enough revealed right now to really speculate on further then what's already been done. But it is what it is and there is still life to live. Years down the road this won't even matter anymore...we will all be discussing what we want from gen 11, and the majority will be talking about how bad the games are gonna be, how they won't buy them and they're a waste of money, and how they need to make games like they used to back in earlier gens, you know, like Gen 7, which were perfect XD.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.

As I expected. Would not be surprised if September is when the first news will hit. :p

Grey Wind

Thanks for the info!!! That's cutting it close to release though... wow. Seems like they're really trying to shake up their advertising model this time around. A lot of people did complain that they showed too much before release for ORAS and Sumo though, so maybe they think this will be better for their sales and are catering to that crowd to see the effect it has.
I think it's just because there's less to reveal. SM was a new gen and ORAS was reintroducing Hoenn and had a whole bunch of megas to show off, but USUM is more of a typical third version then there's probably less to focus on. Look at BW2; we didn't start a proper news cycle there until like April.

Hoennking

BW2 first infomation came in April 12th. 48 days after the announcement and only 2 months before the release. BW2 had a ton of content. So let's see with USM

shadowF

Some people are saying that there is a chance we could get news in worlds, since that is where they announced Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Slowbro and Salandit. When is that event happening?

Hoennking

Some people are saying that there is a chance we could get news in worlds, since that is where they announced Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Slowbro and Salandit. When is that event happening?

Late August but we're gonna info before that surely

Akashin

Not until August 18-20, so by then we'll have (possibly, probably) gotten something from next month's CoroCoro anyway.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan

Tuoko

Salandit wasn't even announced at Worlds. You're confusing it with Crabrawler.

From August and on if we 're lucky. Remember, these games aren't new generation or remake games, so they probably don't have much to show.

I wouldn't say "if we're lucky". We're pretty much guaranteed news at least before September. It'd be too late if they started giving out news in September or October.

Keep in mind that B2W2 was similar - it was announced in February for a June release and we got the first info dump in April.

Last edited: