• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Has anyone else heard anything about this mysterious Trailer, released in Japan, that has everyone talking? Apparently, it's some weird teaser, where it ties in old 4th Gen game play, with Anon, and SuMo footage... and says there will be information on the 19th. Apparently, the teaser is everywhere, and supposedly on the Pokemon Japan website, but I haven't been able to find anything. I also, however, do not speak Japanese. I've seen pieces of the teaser, but not the actual teaser trailer in it's entirety. Thoughts? Anyone heard or seen anything?

Edit: Totally not sure if this is allowed, but here is where I heard/seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okmP9cPEkc0

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Has anyone else heard anything about this mysterious Trailer, released in Japan, that has everyone talking? Apparently, it's some weird teaser, where it ties in old 4th Gen game play, with Anon, and SuMo footage... and says there will be information on the 19th. Apparently, the teaser is everywhere, and supposedly on the Pokemon Japan website, but I haven't been able to find anything. I also, however, do not speak Japanese. I've seen pieces of the teaser, but not the actual teaser trailer in it's entirety. Thoughts? Anyone heard or seen anything?

Well seeing as the trailer (from what I saw) just had the Ruins of Alph music and Unown, my personal interpretation is just advertising the Gen 2 eShop releases. It'd be fun if it was something more though

EDIT: Looking into the actual translations, probably not just Gen 2 adverts. But I'd still not get too hyped up or anything.

Last edited:

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer

Wow, I'm surprised no one's brought this up before now, even if serebii hasn't confirmed it. Are we sure it's legit?

If it is legit, it looks more like a spooky movie-themed trailer than an announcement for an actual game, maybe a halloween event? Completely speculating on a tangent, maybe it's similar to the shiny beast trio event during gen 4 in that we get a special UB in SUMO we can trade to USUM to get cool stuff? It would make sense since USUM would come out just after halloween yeah actually just ignore that, I wanted to get thoughts out but I don't actually think that's likely to happen. =/

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

It's for the Pokémon Daisuki Club, which is unrelated to USUM. Serebii already commented on it on his other account and said it's not anything worth speculating about.

Gabriel Faria

Shall we dance?
I hope they expand on the areas you can explore and on the fun things you can do to keep you busy. I grew a little tired of Pokémon battles so I'm looking for extra things in the the games.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I'm surprised that we didn't get any teaser from the movie, either for the next movie or the games.

It is not unexpected and I know why this is, but this makes me believe that were going to get more than just Solgaleo/Lunala and another Pikachu in a cap(which we already know due to merchandise, but still, you know what I mean. I am referring to something new happening involving existing legendaries, not the common Pokémon).

Edit: Official guidebook is now available and its description reveals nothing.

Last edited:

JLK2707

I'm surprised that we didn't get any teaser from the movie, either for the next movie or the games.

It is not unexpected and I know why this is, but this makes me believe that were going to get more than just Solgaleo/Lunala and another Pikachu in a cap(which we already know due to merchandise, but still, you know what I mean. I am referring to something new happening involving existing legendaries, not the common Pokémon).

Maybe they have nothing else to say. Either that or they just want to make it as a surprise for their fans.

knightwolf09

Well the description does say "Updated" map. So maybe the region is getting a few changes.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Wow, almost 22 dollars for a guidebook. I remember the days when you got a free guidebook when you bought your game...

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
So, between those steelbook cases and that guidebook is it safe to say Ultra Solgaleo and Lunala (or whatever they're going to be called) will be our cover legendaries? Not that I expected differently, but it's odd to see those pop up before the actual game covers.

ebevan91

I couldn't really find an existing thread to post this in so I'll do it here. I hope that in these games there will be a place where we can evolve some of the Pokemon a little bit sooner, such as Charjabug and Crabrawler, along with getting the proper evolution stones a little sooner (I'm looking at you, Ice Stone).

Maybe the order of the islands we visit will change, who knows.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So, between those steelbook cases and that guidebook is it safe to say Ultra Solgaleo and Lunala (or whatever they're going to be called) will be our cover legendaries? Not that I expected differently, but it's odd to see those pop up before the actual game covers.

If I'm not mistaken, Kyurem Formes and Giratina Origin Forme were also shown before we got the game covers.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
If I'm not mistaken, Kyurem Formes and Giratina Origin Forme were also shown before we got the game covers.

Ah, okay. My bad. Didn't really pay attention to any pre-release stuff on Platinum or B2W2.

Personally speaking, I'm just going to fly under the assumption that USUM's going to be more Crystal/Emerald than Platinum/B2W2 and hope that I'm proven wrong.

Hoennking

Ah, okay. My bad. Didn't really pay attention to any pre-release stuff on Platinum or B2W2.

Personally speaking, I'm just going to fly under the assumption that USUM's going to be more Crystal/Emerald than Platinum/B2W2 and hope that I'm proven wrong.

Platinum is not a sequel

Thure

I couldn't really find an existing thread to post this in so I'll do it here. I hope that in these games there will be a place where we can evolve some of the Pokemon a little bit sooner, such as Charjabug and Crabrawler, along with getting the proper evolution stones a little sooner (I'm looking at you, Ice Stone).

Maybe the order of the islands we visit will change, who knows.

You can get Ice Stones very early with the Poke Pelago.

Hoennking

Sorry, I phrased that awkwardly. I grouped Platinum & B2W2 together b/c I thought they offered a lot more to differentiate from D/P and the original BW, respectively.

Emerald let you battle both team aqua and team magama. Catch both main legendary, redesigns in characters and introduced the battle frontier

Crystal was least I agree. Which does bode well for ultra sun and moon

BW2
Platinum
Emerald

Released 2 years after main games

Crystal, blue in Japan and ultra sun and moon only 1 year. Crystal and blue weren't a big upgrade but gold and sliver didn't much upgrade to begin with. Very complete game.

Ultra Sun and ultra moon needs a ton of changes imo to be considered a very good game. A lot of issues in sun and moon that made games underwhelming

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I hope they expand on the areas you can explore and on the fun things you can do to keep you busy. I grew a little tired of Pokémon battles so I'm looking for extra things in the the games.

I really want some new islands to explore cuz Alola in Sun and Moon seemed small to me. Ultra Sun and Moon definitely need some kind of unique post-game content cuz I also didn't like how battling was practically the only consistent post-game challenge in the original games. ^^;