• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon news are confirmed tonight on Pokenchi, from Ohmori himself. Get hyped, boys :)

How many hours left?

7PM EST tonight. I think the show itself lasts for one hour, and things aren't normally revealed until the mid way point, or close to the end so information won't likely appear until closer to 8PM EST tonight.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Since this is Pokenchi we're talking about, I'm going to keep my expectations at virtually zero.

scififan21

Since this is Pokenchi we're talking about, I'm going to keep my expectations at virtually zero.

Well since we know virtually nothing even one or two statements would be fine. Even getting a confirmation about 'third versions' or 'sequels' would make people happy and stop the debate.

shadowF

Well we are finally getting information at last today in Pokénchi, hopefully they also announce a trailer for next week as I would hate for it to only be about Lycanroc.

Dragon Pulse

Guys... since we're potentially getting news, remember that leak that said we'll get news on August 6? Well, it is August 6 tomorrow. Maybe it was true after all? :eek:

shadowF

Guys... since we're potentially getting news, remember that leak that said we'll get news on August 6? Well, it is August 6 tomorrow. Maybe it was true after all? :eek:

Can you give me the link to the August 6 leak? I tried finding it online and cant find it.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Can you give me the link to the August 6 leak? I tried finding it online and cant find it.

It says all of the following:

Lillie and Gladion switch roles in the story.
Hau replaces Ilima as the first trial captain, specializing in Psychic-types.
Mimikyu's true form is Ghost/Dark. It may be activated by Disguise. It's ability causes all Pokemon who haven't attacked yet to instantly flinch.
Salazzle has a new male only "Gangster Form". It is Poison/Dark type and you receive it by leveling up a male Salandit while it knows the move Thief.
Alolan Quilfish is Poison/Steel type. It's ability makes it immune to all status conditions but makes it always move last.
Alolan Snubbull/Granbull are Ground and Ground/Fighting respectively. Snubbull has Intimidate. Granbull has a new ability that gives contact moves a chance to force the target to switch out.
Alolan Slugma/Magcargo are Ice types. Their ability reflects all Water-type moves back as powered up Ice-type moves however all Fire-type moves are guaranteed to burn it.
Z-Abilities are buffed up versions of normal abilities. Only Pokemon with signature Z-Moves (Pikachu, Cap Pikachu, A. Raichu, Eevee, Snorlax, Mew, Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, the Tapus, and Marshadow) can use them. Using a Z-Ability counts as a Z-Move. They halve all the Pokemon's stats at full HP, with stats getting higher the more damage they take.

Tuoko

Again: when was the last time the CoroCoro revealed something? During SM it was ALLWAYS the official page which revealed the most things.

That isn't true at all, though?

CoroCoro revealed quite a few things during SM pre-release. Those things being Rockruff (though it was shown via a CoroCoro trailer earlier, but not fully shown), Komala, both Lycanroc, Stufful, Bewear, Mimikyu, Sandygast, Palossand, both Wishiwashi, Pyukumuku, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o, Silvally, Pheromosa/Buzzwole (as UB-02), and Magearna (though that was before SM was announced). The Alolan forms for Meowth, Marowak, and Grimer were also revealed via CoroCoro, as well as Team Skull. This is all noted on the pre-release pages on the SM section on Serebii, with the exception of Team Skull.

I question how you got the idea that CoroCoro didn't reveal anything during SM.

Last edited:

shadowF

Mimikyu's true form is Ghost/Dark. It may be activated by Disguise. It's ability causes all Pokemon who haven't attacked yet to instantly flinch.
Salazzle has a new male only "Gangster Form". It is Poison/Dark type and you receive it by leveling up a male Salandit while it knows the move Thief.
Alolan Quilfish is Poison/Steel type. It's ability makes it immune to all status conditions but makes it always move last.
Alolan Snubbull/Granbull are Ground and Ground/Fighting respectively. Snubbull has Intimidate. Granbull has a new ability that gives contact moves a chance to force the target to switch out.
Alolan Slugma/Magcargo are Ice types. Their ability reflects all Water-type moves back as powered up Ice-type moves however all Fire-type moves are guaranteed to burn it.
Z-Abilities are buffed up versions of normal abilities. Only Pokemon with signature Z-Moves (Pikachu, Cap Pikachu, A. Raichu, Eevee, Snorlax, Mew, Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, the Tapus, and Marshadow) can use them. Using a Z-Ability counts as a Z-Move. They halve all the Pokemon's stats at full HP, with stats getting higher the more damage they take.

Thanks! If it turns out to be true maybe Salazzle also evolves due to the green rays of light as well. Either way hope some of these Alolan new forms look really cool if the rumor turns out to be true of course.

Sulfurian

Thanks! If it turns out to be true maybe Salazzle also evolves due to the green rays of light as well. Either way hope some of these Alolan new forms look really cool if the rumor turns out to be true of course.

Don't know how I feel on the male evolution of Salandit. Kinda ruins Salazzle's theme of being based on female reptiles drastically being bigger and better than their male counterparts. Despite the fact that the male form's evolution sounds sort of pointless with how weak it is, as they explain in the post.

Akashin

Again: when was the last time the CoroCoro revealed something? During SM it was ALLWAYS the official page which revealed the most things.

Komala and, incidentally under the circumstances, Rockruff were revealed via CoroCoro ahead of any other source.

Not that it matters in this case. Assuming the thing on the cover is the third Lycanroc form, there's a chance that's what Ohmori will be talking about on Pokenchi.

Exsception

Born Completionist

Yeah, I don't believe any of this for a second. The fact that all of these Alolan forms have new and obscure abilities makes it sound too fanmade.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Yeah, I'm not expecting much from this. Probably just going to reveal the new Lycanroc form and that's it. Pokenchi isn't really the right format to reveal the kind of detailed information we're looking for like the premise of the game, what's changed in the region, the protagonists, etc., they usually just show off concept art and trailers that tell us nothing. We're probably waiting on a TPC trailer/site update for that which is happening whenever they damn feel like it. I've seen enough of this crap to know that we're probably going to be disappointed by this, remember the "footage" they showed off for ORAS?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Yeah, I'm not expecting much from this. Probably just going to reveal the new Lycanroc form and that's it. Pokenchi isn't really the right format to reveal the kind of detailed information we're looking for like the premise of the game, what's changed in the region, the protagonists, etc., they usually just show off concept art and trailers that tell us nothing. We're probably waiting on a TPC trailer/site update for that which is happening whenever they damn feel like it. I've seen enough of this crap to know that we're probably going to be disappointed by this, remember the "footage" they showed off for ORAS?

I'm worried it will just by this new Lycanroc as well. I'm definitely going to have some fries prepared because that would be disappointing to me if that was it. But I'm kind of expecting disappointment, so that's why I have the fries. XP

desdar300

It's been years since Pokémon Smash revealed a Pokémon.
We'll at least see how Lycanroc Three looks so that's something

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I'm worried it will just by this new Lycanroc as well. I'm definitely going to have some fries prepared because that would be disappointing to me if that was it. But I'm kind of expecting disappointment, so that's why I have the fries. XP

Personally, I expect Lycanroc new form reveal and maybe a little info on Necro Solgaleo/Necro Lunala, and that's that. Even if we don't get the latter, at least we will get the former, so will still be happy :)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I don't know why everyone's so worried/thinking that just Lycanroc isn't much. I'd be more than happy with a simple Lycanroc reveal and nothing else. At least it's news, which is more than we can normally say about the Pokémon variety shows like Pokenchi.