• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I can't watch the video right now but if people are saying the wild Pokemon music is better than SM's then I'm hoping the rest of the music is updated as well. SM's soundtrack IMO is the worst in the main games to date and I always end up listening to tracks from other games when I'm playing instead.

I still think that Dusk Lycanroc being event exclusive is a mistake but as long as we can at least nickname it and it comes with decent IVs and moves I may eventually use it. I don't know about Ash-Greninja as I never got it off the demo but I'm pretty sure Magearna and the event Munchlax could be nicknamed so I'm hoping Dusk Lycanroc can too.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
I know it's small, but that darker HP looked much less "organic" than the paint splashes used for SM. It looked very... synthetic/artificial. Hopefully the HP bar scrolls faster this time around, but I doubt it.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Omg the music is amazing

Does anyone know if the music at 0:42 of the Japanese trailer is the SM battle theme or a remixed version for USUM?

EDIT: The SM Trainer Battle theme from the anime

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Does anyone know if the music at 0:42 of the Japanese trailer is the SM battle theme or a remixed version for USUM?

That's the anime rendition of the SM trainer battle theme.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
I think that the anime battle theme.

That's what I thought too but I was hoping it was a new track for USUM because it was so awesome. Thanks so much!

chosen-one

Hatsu(发) Master
I know it's small, but that darker HP looked much less "organic" than the paint splashes used for SM. It looked very... synthetic/artificial. Hopefully the HP bar scrolls faster this time around, but I doubt it.

HP bar should be customizable.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Maybe a Jurassic Poképark where you can encounter some "fossil" pokémon in the wild? It sounds nice to me. That area can also be expanded in USUM.
and a tyrantrum breaks the fence...

It's an interesting idea, but I don't really now if I'd be up for fossil Pokémon being able to be caught in the wild. It would kind of mess up what's special about them.

I didn't even notice that. It looks much better now. I always hated that paint splatter.

desdar300

Still not any real news.

Edit: Looks like I was right from the beginning. I predicted that from the games announcement that we wouldn't get much real news til September. Almost there.
This does make a lot of sense because a lot of Pokemon stuff is coming out that long like a gold and silver re-releases. We could use that the tie into ultra sun and Moon

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It's clear as day there the same protagonists. People setting themselves for disappointment thinking otherwise

Ah well if they're really the same playable characters that we had in Sun and Moon, then I'm kind of disappointed cuz I was hoping that Ultra Sun and Moon would be sequels of Sun and Moon and not just a repackaging of the originals with a few new features added in.

Hoennking

Ah well if they're really the same playable characters that we had in Sun and Moon, then I'm kind of disappointed cuz I was hoping that Ultra Sun and Moon would be sequels of Sun and Moon and not just a repackaging of the originals with a few new features added in.

they never said it was sequals just alternative universe. thats all. BW2 you start in a different town and house. this is all the same

we dont even have the box art yet lol

next friday is the pokemon world championships. we usually get new pokemon or forme during opening cermony. when new game releasing

Last edited by a moderator:

Thure

It still can be the same protagonist and a VERY different story.-

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
It still can be the same protagonist and a VERY different story.-

If that's the case- it would be an ideal time to implement a party/box carry-on feature from the bank or previous game.... but of course that will never happen.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I don't think we will see many differences in the story here. I guess there will be some minor changes for some events but still not changing the plot. What actually worries me about USUM or I should better say in every Pokemon game is the post-game content. I haven't enjoyed it since the B2W2 games.

Last edited:

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I don't think we will see many differences in the story here. I guess there will be some minor changes for some events but still not changing the plot. What actually worries me about USUM or I should better say in every Pokemon game is the post-game content. I haven't enjoyed it since the B2W2 games.

I don't think they'd make cosmetic changes to massive portions of the game and then just pretend that it's enough, with some minor changes to storyline events. It's more likely than not to be significantly different in terms of story and presentation.

shenlon

The recent event with Mimikyu has me wondering something.

From the front page

During the Pikachu Outbreakchu Carnival Parade in Yokohama Japan, in addition to the announced distribution of Pikachu, when Mimikyu and a Pikachu Ditto walked by, players have been able to download special distributions of both Mimikyu and Ditto. Mimikyu is Level 10 with the moves Copycat, Baby-Doll Eyes, Splash and Astonish. Our Event Database has been updated with details of this event

This intrigues me, why did both Pokemon have to walk by ? is this a hint as to Mimikyus true form ?

Mimikyu sounds like Mimic You, Mimic is to imitate or Copy, like Ditto does. Is there a link between Ditto and Mimikyu ? maybe underneath the cloth is the Alolan version of Ditto ? maybe this Ditto cannot transform its body for some reason so it has to make its own disguise.

Last edited:

Thure

The recent event with Mimikyu has me wondering something.

From the front page

This intrigues me, why did both Pokemon have to walk by ? is this a hint as to Mimikyus true form ?

Mimikyu sounds like Mimic You, Mimic is to imitate or Copy, like Ditto does. Is there a link between Ditto and Mimikyu ? maybe underneath the cloth is the Alolan version of Ditto ? maybe this Ditto cannot transform its body for some reason so it has to make its own disguise.

It's just a little fun without meaning. It's a PIKACHU Parade. So they put Ditto and Mimikyu into it because 1) Ditto can transform into PIkachu and 2) Mimikyu tries to be Pikachu.

Unova Yorker

City Girl
What's you guys opinion about the bottle cap system? Do you think that the effects will carry over to USUM? What about beyond that. I breed to get the best IV's I could with some pokemon, but if I get a 5 IV pokemon with a beneficial nature in wonder trade, sometimes I just want to use that pokemon without going through that hassle. I'M ONLY ONE GIRL! I got a Japanese 5IV Mimikyu only missing Def that I got to level 100. I just like the fact it's name will stay in Japanese font. Do you think these are permanent changes or no?