• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

shadowF

Can someone inform me of this? https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/898605218287370245

What does this mean? Is there a strong indication of potentially new news that can come before August 31?

Also I am hearing people hoping that we will also get new USUM news at gamescom? Has there been past years where they have revealed exclusive new pokemon information?

Animefan145

Nice to see Kahili and Ryuki in the trailer already. They really stuck out as "out of nowhere" characters compared to the rest of the Elite Four (especially compared to all the other challengers), so hopefully this means more background and setup for them.

And wonder if that Z-move would make Kommo-o overpowered. Probably not, with how popular fairies/Tapus are, but it would be nice to see Kommo-o made viable, I've always liked its design but was sad it was never even near top tier in the metagame (I think?).

I don't mind more Kanto stuff, but if they don't add more Kanto stuff (other than all the references regular Sun/Moon already had) I don't mind either. I still miss third versions (much less G/S's literal two regions) but I have high hopes for the next pair of games.

Last edited:

R_N

Also I am hearing people hoping that we will also get new USUM news at gamescom? Has there been past years where they have revealed exclusive new pokemon information?
iirc, gamescom was where Turtonator was revealed. And might have been where Honedge was revealed? Could be thinking of the Paris expo for that, but gamescom was a german reveal.

Ga ole is a arcade game in japan.

And it's given away stuff before. I think in Japan Magearna was given through a ga ole token with a QR code on it. And for USUM, there's a promotional I Choose You Cap Pikachu being given in the same manner.
So this thing could be any manner of give away. Maybe it will be a snorlax with its z move

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
The japanese trailer shows Z-moves for bewear, comfey, alolan vupix (lillies maybe?) which can be also available for alolan ninetales, and palossand. that's 5 exclusive moves now and that makes me very happy. It's like the megastones all over again, judging by the insanity that is kommo-o's. I would still like a few new alolan forms for older pokemon. If this is how they are fleshing the newly introduced ones, i'm ok with it.Poor gen 6 pokemon, the lack of a 3rd version/sequels really hurt them.

Take a good look, they're using Z-moves we already know.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Is there a nice breakdown somewhere? I'm curious

There isn't, but here you go. This is a list of all the empty lots in SM and what they've become in USUM.

Hau'oli City
- lot next to Malasada shop bulldozed by Machamps
- In USUM map, it is now the Alola Photo Club

Heahea City
- lot next to the Pokemon Center
- In USUM map, it is now a gray-roofed building

Royal Avenue
- construction materials are sitting next to the Malasada shop
- In USUM map, it is now a building with red-striped roof and white walls

Konikoni City
- lot south of the lighthouse across Lana's house
- In USUM map, it is now the Alola Photo Club

Malie City
- lot southwest of the library
- In USUM map, it is now an orange-roofed building with similar architecture as the rest of the city

Hokulani Observatory
- fenced area next to Pokemon Center
- In USUM map, it remains empty

Tapu Village
- lot right of Pokemon Center

Seafolk Village
- the platform east of Pokemon Center

Thure

That's all pretty minor stuff though, we don't see any new areas here and there's not enough room for any big ones. Still pales in comparison to the likes of BW2, and I'm not even sure we'll see Emerald levels of changes to the region. There's only so much they can do without adding new islands, and they don't seem to have done that here (nor do I expect them to).

But we see many new areas in the trailers.

04n70n10

Story-wise USUM seems to be a sequel of the events in SM. From the map the League has already been built, Kahili and Ryuki are already here, new buildings filling those empty spots in SM, etc

At least if this is an alternate universe the protagonists came later for some reason.

Creyk

There's one big thing I'm really hopeful for in these games: the option to visit the ultra beasts in their home turf. We briefly visited a small portion to fight lusamine, but I hope that giant portal on the map is a hint that ultra space may be a mini-region we hope for.

This is what I thought too. It has got to be. Exploring another world like that could be interesting. maybe even colonize it and put a town in there with a poke center, towns, maybe a Gym? Now that would be a different and interesting feature and ORAS has shown that it's possible to be done. It would be like a secret base just on a bigger scale

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Finally some info!!!! Kommo-o is gonna be so overpowered now lol. Anyways, have you guys seen that theory video by Bird Keeper Toby about the water trial? Basically it's that since Brooklet Hill is dried up, and a school of Wishiwashi can be seen on the map with that sail ship heading towards them, our water trial will be out at sea. Just a really cool thought I guess.

Thure

Finally some info!!!! Kommo-o is gonna be so overpowered now lol. Anyways, have you guys seen that theory video by Bird Keeper Toby about the water trial? Basically it's that since Brooklet Hill is dried up, and a school of Wishiwashi can be seen on the map with that sail ship heading towards them, our water trial will be out at sea. Just a really cool thought I guess.

Brooklet Hill is NOT dried up. It's just the lighting of the water which let it look like it. You stilol can see the waterfalls which wouldn't be there if they were tried up.

Just compare the old map of tzhem (http://i.imgur.com/H5cfo2Q.png) with the new one (http://i.imgur.com/BvvFLyp.png). The colour is the only difference. The Waterfalls are still there.

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer

It's not dried up- you can still see the highlights from the waterfalls. It's just the lighting that makes it seem grey.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Ahhh you guys are right. Thank you! So has anyone spotted where that Pikachu trailer is? Also, does anyone have high resolution pics of each individual island? I saw one on Akala earlier on here. If not, is there a link to one?

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Thanks! Is that a cave on the new beach behind the hotel on Melemele?

Seems like it, though I wouldn't bet money on it.

Has anyone found where that forest area (with the trees you see in Malie City) in the trailer is? And it appears the Seafolk Village's lot is the only one still empty. Also, the Malasada shops are all orange, right? Yet, in the Malie City lot we see another orange building, almost similar to the Malasada shops. But Malie City already had a malasada shop in S/M and it wasn't orange. Hmm...

I wonder if the map doesn't show us everything. Maybe there are other changes as well.

Last edited:

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Seems like it, though I wouldn't bet money on it.

Has anyone found where that forest area (with the trees you see in Malie City) in the trailer is? And it appears the Seafolk Village's lot is the only one still empty. Also, the Malasada shops are all orange, right? Yet, in the Malie City lot we see another orange building, almost similar to the Malasada shops. But Malie City already had a malasada shop in S/M and it wasn't orange. Hmm...

I wonder if the map doesn't show us everything. Maybe there are other changes as well.

I think it might be an extension of the Malie Garden I guess.