• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I didn't notice that, but that's actually amazing. One of the things I wanted to happen with the UBs is for them to have a dungeon-esque area similar to the Tapus.

Same here. Except the Tapu comparison.
They didn't really have a dungeon of sorts. They just have a hallway then the altar.

I really hope their Ultra Space are huge. Not Vast Poni Canyon-huge, but big enough to provide us with some decent challenge.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Yeah, I'd at least like to explore trippy Ultra Space a bit. It doesn't have to be absolutely crazy like the Distortion World or anything, but gimme something more than a hallway to justify its existence (and it's creepy, but oddly soothing ambient music track).

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Same here. Except the Tapu comparison.
They didn't really have a dungeon of sorts. They just have a hallway then the altar.

I really hope their Ultra Space are huge. Not Vast Poni Canyon-huge, but big enough to provide us with some decent challenge.

Those people with the Chinese hats... Maybe they're fallers and revere Kartana. And when we're going to catch it, they will try to stop us? That would be a decent challenge.

If the UBs have a section of Ultra Space dedicated to each of them... Wonder how Guzzlord's area will look like.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Those people with the Chinese hats... Maybe they're fallers and revere Kartana. And when we're going to catch it, they will try to stop us? That would be a decent challenge.

If the UBs have a section of Ultra Space dedicated to each of them... Wonder how Guzzlord's area will look like.

It would actually be really cool if a Guzzlord-themed area was a dimensional junkyard- with a few objects scattered around as throwbacks to monuments/machines from previous games. Any further Ultra Space immersion would be most welcome. The Ultra Beasts really haven't been justified as Minor Legendary pokemon due to their plain capture scenarios and lack of lore.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while

I would love this to happen. I can imagine a crowded bamboo area for Celesteela to refer to its folklore origin.

However, I noticed the object in the screenshot of the area with the chinese hatters resembling Zygarde 10% with its head tilted up as if it's howling, so I wonder if that's just a Zygarde area.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Yeah, apparently the Kartana can be seen in the Japanese trailer.

I was expecting the area to be an area Malie Garden where Kartana drops into main series universe, but I guess us going to there.

If this is true, it is nice to see that they actually followed up on the Daisuki Club website.

Edit: It would be funny Looker's Croagunk pal ended up in the Guzzlord-verse.

"Holy smokes you were all along this time? I went through my angst phase for nothing."

Last edited:

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
It would actually be really cool if a Guzzlord-themed area was a dimensional junkyard- with a few objects scattered around as throwbacks to monuments/machines from previous games.

I'd be down to see that, especially if you could examine all of it.

"It's an odd flute stylized to look like a Poke Ball."
"It's a transparent bell. It's clear, bluish tint makes you think of water."
"It's a strange, broken device. You can almost make out a word written on the side. C__LRE_S..."
"It's a chain. The red glow it gives off intimidates you...What's this? Beneath the chain is a note from someone named 'Cyrus'."

I would love this to happen. I can imagine a crowded bamboo area for Celesteela to refer to its folklore origin.

YES. Celesteela is my favorite UB, and I would love to see its Princess Kaguya-esque bamboo field, ideally with that world's moon clearly visible through the thicket.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
This Ultra Space theory is making a lot of sense. That would explain why that forest isn't visible on the map, we can't see it because it's not in Alola at all, it's in Ultra Space. Still not enough to get me interested though because the only Ultra Space area was really tiny, having 5 more of them isn't going to do it for me. Now if they went full on A Link to the Past/A Link Between Worlds/Metroid Prime 2 and made Ultra Space an entire region alternate from Alola, that might get me interested in this game (I love those kinds of games, really gives a fresh perspective and a new experience to the same area). But I don't suspect that's what they did here, they probably wouldn't have been able to finish designing Ultra Space in a year even if it's just a carbon copy of Alola's map.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Yeah I really hope this Ultra Space theory is real. It would make for a good post game, and something like Delta Episode where all the Ultra Beasts have a much bigger story, and where the player has to visit different dimensions for each Ultra Beast, and each dimension can be explored quite a bit.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
My guess is that if this theory is true you would face the UBs before E4 and Lusamine, just like the Swords of Justice in B2W2.

Whether they end up being mandatory encounters or not is beyond me but I suspect you would be forced to catch all of them like you did in SuMo before encountering Necrozma.

On the plus side Nebby and co. will probably have their own US as well which I suspect where you will end up battling Necrozma.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
It would actually be really cool if a Guzzlord-themed area was a dimensional junkyard- with a few objects scattered around as throwbacks to monuments/machines from previous games. Any further Ultra Space immersion would be most welcome. The Ultra Beasts really haven't been justified as Minor Legendary pokemon due to their plain capture scenarios and lack of lore.

To be fair, they have more lore then some other legendaries like the Kalos trios and Legendary Birds, though I do agree that they should've done more with them. They kind of felt thrown in after the main plot was done, and while I appreciate Looker being brought in, it didn't completely justify that treatment.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what the other UB rooms will look like, especially UB-02's and Celesteela's since there's a lot you can do with the three from a conceptual standpoint.

future.newyorker

I think that they are going to make the Ultra Space a lot bigger than just a few random places like Nihilego's was in SM. At this point, I get the feeling that Nihilego's US was put into SM as a teaser for USUM. I get the feeling that it is going to be a completely explorable place much like the Distortion World, but on a grander scale. Heck, for all we know a large chunk of the story is going to take place in the Ultra Space and not in the actual Alola Region (especially with the absolute lack of information for these games when they are only three months away, and compared to SM information we had at this point to release last year, I feel like they are saving something extremely huge for these games. Maybe they listened to fans and are keeping the huge thing a secret and only teasing bits and pieces of it instead of outright giving us all the major information. That cloud/portal thing seems to important to just be random hallways with UB's at the end, then again, it might end up being another soaring in the sky thing with Hoopa's portals from ORAS). It could be that it truly is a new region for us to explore, and while it may not be (and probably isn't) as large as Alola (or other regions), it could be comparable to Johto like Alola is to Kanto. It might give them a reason to include new Alolan Forms of Gen II Pokémon. But that is all clearly speculation. The biggest thing I'm worried about (right now) is whether to use Dusk Form or Midnight Form Lycanroc.

EDIT: where is the new Japanese trailer? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

EDIT 2: I'm also really hoping that the dex includes more older Pokémon. I really want to use a Tyranitar on my team in this game. And even if the dex isn't expanded, I hope trade is available fairly early in the game so I can trade a Larvitar over.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Yeah I really hope this Ultra Space theory is real. It would make for a good post game, and something like Delta Episode where all the Ultra Beasts have a much bigger story, and where the player has to visit different dimensions for each Ultra Beast, and each dimension can be explored quite a bit.

I'd love to explore different variations of Ultra Space in Ultra Sun and Moon. And speaking of Ultra Space, I kind of hope that we'll see more Ultra Beasts fuse with human characters in these games cuz I always thought the Lusamine and Nihilego fusion was eerily cool. ^^;

I sincerely hope that since some obstacles preventing surfing between islands have been removed, we will be able to explore the deep sea between islands. Alola is a volcanic island chain. I would absolutely love to dive and explore subterranean volcanoes.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I'd love to explore different variations of Ultra Space in Ultra Sun and Moon. And speaking of Ultra Space, I kind of hope that we'll see more Ultra Beasts fuse with human characters in these games cuz I always thought the Lusamine and Nihilego fusion was eerily cool. ^^;

Yeah if Guzma could fuse with Xurkitree and have an electrical cord-themed tuxedo with those glowing cord-cinches resembling the jacket's wrist cuffs, resulting in a contrast to the kind of disposition we've previously seen Guzma, then that would be pretty cool.

Ooh, and Plumeria fusing with Pheromosa would also be pretty neat.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
And speaking of Ultra Space, I kind of hope that we'll see more Ultra Beasts fuse with human characters in these games cuz I always thought the Lusamine and Nihilego fusion was eerily cool. ^^;

I doubt that will happen. Nihilego fusing with someone makes sense because it's a symbiont (hence its codename), so of course it would form symbiotic relationships. Infecting the minds of others via neurotoxins is what it does, and its malleable body lets it overtake their bodies, but other UB's don't really have those qualities. The one that comes closest is Pheromosa thanks the the pheromones it secretes, but even then, its body isn't structured in such a way as to let it fuse with people.

Baically, fusing with people is likely a phenomenon specific to Nihilego and not a trait shared by all Ultra Beasts.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think it's cool if each UB is getting their own space.
I'm not much a fan of the 'walk around until it finds you' type of finding UBs. I used the repel method but it was still annoying. I much prefer fighting them whenever I want to and easy soft reset via overworld models.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I really hope that's not UltraSpace... if it is it's incredibly underwhelming. That looks like a normal space you'd find in the normal world... to the point that why would a UB be scared of entering our world if they look the exact same? Just the "feeling" and "energy" that's new? There world should be UltraSpace, a HOSTILE place to live in, which made them incredibly strong. Not peaceful areas. It shouldn't be "beautiful" by our world's standards imo. I mean, sure it's a nice little forest area... but I could see a Celebi living there.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
If they do make Ultra Space more of an area (and I'm still not sold they're going to) then I do hope it leans closer to the creepy/Distortion World side of things, rather than extensions of areas we can explore in Alola already. The caveat to that is (and we have no way of knowing this) if Ultra Space is "invading" Alola and eating up parts of the landscape, then I can see an explorable Ultra Space having parts that are like the overworld. I hope that made sense. ^^;

Hoennking

I really hope that's not UltraSpace... if it is it's incredibly underwhelming. That looks like a normal space you'd find in the normal world... to the point that why would a UB be scared of entering our world if they look the exact same? Just the "feeling" and "energy" that's new? There world should be UltraSpace, a HOSTILE place to live in, which made them incredibly strong. Not peaceful areas. It shouldn't be "beautiful" by our world's standards imo. I mean, sure it's a nice little forest area... but I could see a Celebi living there.

well theres people with rice hats and stuff. that ultra beast just be one who does meditation and peacefulness in strength building. Like Ta Chi. i can imagine Buzzworld and Guzzworld being in much tougher places