• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Ultra Beast Lover

It would be nice to see more Unova, but that's too tinfoil. I think it was a weapon made by ancient Alola from a strange meteor

Yeah that makes a lot more sense, I mean as we saw with Magearna and the Golurk family the ancients of the Pokemon world knew how to make artificial Pokemon

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I think he'll be using it to XD

Lillie: Why did you choose this z-move?

Gladion: It's name spoke to me.

Speaking of which- It wouldn't surprise me if he actually named the Z-move and had a Lycanroc in US/UM. He's got a Lycanroc in the anime (I know that means jack since the anime does its own thing), so we'll see.

Briankelly130

One thing I like is the Black/White concept they're going with again in how the new Necrozma forms are named. Solgaleo being dusk and Lunala being dawn. I don't know, I guess I always like the idea of thematic opposites so it's like Pokemon: End of Sun and Pokemon: End of Moon.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Speaking of which- It wouldn't surprise me if he actually named the Z-move and had a Lycanroc in US/UM. He's got a Lycanroc in the anime (I know that means jack since the anime does its own thing), so we'll see.

Well you're not wrong. In one of the trailers, we saw Alolan Vulpix with Aether Foundation, and Lillie has a Vulpix in the anime. And it seems like almost all the main casts Pokémon from the anime are the ones likely to receive exclusive Z Moves as well.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Well you're not wrong. In one of the trailers, we saw Alolan Vulpix with Aether Foundation, and Lillie has a Vulpix in the anime. And it seems like almost all the main casts Pokémon from the anime are the ones likely to receive exclusive Z Moves as well.

Uh, that just looked like one of those Aether Houses to me. Maybe Lillie will get an Alolan Vulpix along with Nebby (or in place of Nebby?). But you can't deny that Alolan Vulpix has become almost as much of a Gen VII mascot as Rockruff. They're always in promotional artwork and Alolan Vulpix has been in, like, every major merchandise series since SM came out. I'd have been more surprised not to see one in that trailer we got.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Uh, that just looked like one of those Aether Houses to me. Maybe Lillie will get an Alolan Vulpix along with Nebby (or in place of Nebby?). But you can't deny that Alolan Vulpix has become almost as much of a Gen VII mascot as Rockruff. They're always in promotional artwork and Alolan Vulpix has been in, like, every major merchandise series since SM came out. I'd have been more surprised not to see one in that trailer we got.

Yeah sorry, I meant the Aether House. But the point I'm making still stands, that it seems a lot of the anime Pokémon seem to be the ones getting attention in USUM.

Everything12

Yeah sorry, I meant the Aether House. But the point I'm making still stands, that it seems a lot of the anime Pokémon seem to be the ones getting attention in USUM.

I think that's more because the anime normally choses the most marketable Pokemon to give to the main character after all the Pokemon we see getting new Z-moves is Mimikyu who was popular before the anime, Togademaru the Pikaclone, Kommo-o the Pseudo, Lycanroc the Pokemon who has the day/night gimmick and is getting a new form exclusive to USM, and as previously mentioned Vulpix who is already quite popular without the anime and is being pushed hard in the merchandise.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

Or maybe Lillie won't get Nebby at all, and instead Lusamine ends up with it (being the alt. storyline) and that's how Necrozma gets it's hands on it. Lillie is effing annoying to the bone in the games

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Or maybe Lillie won't get Nebby at all, and instead Lusamine ends up with it (being the alt. storyline) and that's how Necrozma gets it's hands on it. Lillie is effing annoying to the bone in the games

Yeah that's true about the Lillie part. I swear she repeated the same thing again and again in the Vast Poni Canyon. And her crossing the bridge as a trial. -_-
And, as if her game version wasn't effing annoying enough, I further can't stand her anime version.

Anyway, simply giving Lillie Vulpix in place of Nebby doesn't guarantee that she'll be any less annoying. I hope they minimise her role overall (almost impossible), and even if they can't, atleast reduce all the pointless cut scenes with her repeating the same thing all the time.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Yeah that's true about the Lillie part. I swear she repeated the same thing again and again in the Vast Poni Canyon. And her crossing the bridge as a trial. -_-

Anyway, simply giving Lillie Vulpix in place of Nebby doesn't guarantee that she'll be any less annoying. I hope they minimise her role overall (almost impossible), and even if they can't, atleast reduce all the pointless cut scenes with her repeating the same thing all the time.

Yeah that's very true.

Also random but does anyone sort of feel ripped off that they got both sun and moon, and now they're releasing USUM which are just the updated versions? I got both sun and moon for my birthday and now that USUM are out, it's like I'm never going to play SM again, unless someone comes over who wants to play a pokemon game but I don't want them playing any important games, so I'll give them SM to play now.

Was it all just a cash grab? I just don't think it's anything like what they did for other third versions, where buying all three made it feel complete. I just feel ripped off here.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Yeah that's very true.

Also random but does anyone sort of feel ripped off that they got both sun and moon, and now they're releasing USUM which are just the updated versions? I got both sun and moon for my birthday and now that USUM are out, it's like I'm never going to play SM again, unless someone comes over who wants to play a pokemon game but I don't want them playing any important games, so I'll give them SM to play now.

Was it all just a cash grab? I just don't think it's anything like what they did for other third versions, where buying all three made it feel complete. I just feel ripped off here.

Yes you're very right. Atleast previous third versions like Crystal, Emerald and Platinum were just One game that combined the stories of both the original, with added improvements and stories, and felt like the definitive version. BW2 were separate games, but they were the first ever games to be sequels, so it was totally understandable, and of course, they were amazing as well.

Right now, we don't even know what USM are (though I'm sure they're not sequels), so why are they releasing two games for this? Also, I don't want to judge too much, but the marketing approach for this game has been god awful at getting me, and majority of the people excited. People don't want to be negative for the sake of it, but with such minimal news being shown, and further, an event Lycanroc, all this isn't creating a good impression. If all USM has going for it are new Z Moves, and a couple of differences here and there, it definitely feels like a ripoff as to why they're brand new games again. At the moment, you wonder why the additional stuff couldn't have just been DLC.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I would like to think that they are concealing most of USUM features just to take us by surprise. Well it's not really how GF operates but I want to believe they are taking a different approach in terms of marketing this time. But being honest here I don't expect much either.

Hoennking

i didnt care about it when it was announced and i still dont give a damn about it but z moves to me is a flop. its just boring. doing some dumb dance. cut scene for 5 secs that destroy the fps. mega evolution is far better. whenever a new z move is announced. i roll my eyes

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I would like to think that they are concealing most of USUM features just to take us by surprise.

They clearly aren't. USUM are glorified bug fixes similar to the original Japanese Blue, or the annual rereleases of other monster collecting franchises like Yokai Watch and Dragon Quest Monsters, than true third versions.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
They clearly aren't. USUM are glorified bug fixes similar to the original Japanese Blue, or the annual rereleases of other monster collecting franchises like Yokai Watch and Dragon Quest Monsters, than true third versions.

How can you be so sure they 'clearly aren't'? No such statements can be made until the games are released. For all we know they are merely trying a new marketing strategy, after the one for SuMo getting criticism for revealing too much. It might seem like a shitty strategy now, but once the games are out they might turn out to be greater than anyone expected.

I find the lack of faith in Game Freak astonishing, considering they never truly let us down. It's no use making assumptions.

Hoennking

gamefreak never let us down? thats not a true statement. anyways im hoping Ultra sun and moon gets datamined before release. like sun and moon did. so we can see if they really are hiding features. so people can make mind up with purchasing it

Last edited:

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
gamefreak never let us down? thats not a true statement

It never let me down personally, even the games that are in my opinion the worst, I thoroughly enjoyed. On top of that, every Pokemon main series game ever got pretty great reviews, the odds that they'll suddenly drop a glorified bug fix on us are rather small.