• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Ultra Beast Lover

Cool so we can customize our Rotom Dex? I can wait to see how we can cutomize it

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
So Rotom Dex gets its own equivalent of the Refresh bonuses? I can dig it, I guess. Though it makes me curious what sort of interactions lead to getting that bonus. On the flip side, not surprised that the Necrozma forms keep Prism Armor as their abilities.

future.newyorker

Guys, in the bottom right hand corner of the Rotom page of CoroCoro there appears to be a double battle occurring, but the only Pokémon I can identify is Arcanine, does anyone know what the other Pokémon are?

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Guys, in the bottom right hand corner of the Rotom page of CoroCoro there appears to be a double battle occurring, but the only Pokémon I can identify is Arcanine, does anyone know what the other Pokémon are?

I can only really make out Kommo-o, no idea who they're up against though.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

i was also looking at that, but I can't pick it out.

Also on the Z-rotom power, I'm sure it'll be like how you're pokemon can dodge using your bond in-game but online it wont be available. I have a feeling it'll be the same. But incredibly cheap and stupid, where were my double mega battles? :p
Also z-power this and z-power that is sort of getting old

but anyways
Woo more Solgaleo and Lunala stuff always the stuff I'm looking forward to most, let the alolan forms burn! :(

Last edited:

Aetius

Pretty sure that the Double Z-move thingy will only be available during the main adventure and certainly not in the competitive scenario.
That would be overkill IMHO.
As for Rotom's other functions, if I understood well, we might be getting something akin to the O-powers from XY & ORAS, which would be great honestly.
With the experience boost, it would be easier to train your Pokèmon and, of course, breeding would become that much faster!

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
How do you get a Dusclops out of that? There is a tall slender Pokémon above Kommo-o's head and then a trainer beside/behind it and a Pokémon that's been cut off.

I don't know, that's just what it looked like to me. Obviously its not very clear at all, just looks like it could be a dusclops.

DJStarstryker

i was also looking at that, but I can't pick it out.

Also on the Z-rotom power, I'm sure it'll be like how you're pokemon can dodge using your bond in-game but online it wont be available. I have a feeling it'll be the same. But incredibly cheap and stupid, where were my double mega battles? :p
Also z-power this and z-power that is sort of getting old

but anyways
Woo more Solgaleo and Lunala stuff always the stuff I'm looking forward to most, let the alolan forms burn! :(

It makes sense though. Z-Crystals are this gen's gimmick. Megas were last gen's gimmick. At least they still let us use the Megas that exist even if they haven't done much with that feature.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think that being able to use two z-moves in one battle is too much..

I think it would depend on who the opponent is. If it's during the first Championship battle or a Totem Pokémon or evil Team Leader then I don't mind. But against a trainer with a level 10 Rattata when you have a level 100 Charizard then I can see how it's unfair.

john90

I think it would depend on who the opponent is. If it's during the first Championship battle or a Totem Pokémon or evil Team Leader then I don't mind. But against a trainer with a level 10 Rattata when you have a level 100 Charizard then I can see how it's unfair.

Why would you use a z-move against a lv 10 rattata when a lv 100 Charizard can kill it with ember. Anyway rattata will die before you can use the second z-move

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
The Rotom Dex being able to provide benefits such as EXP makes me think of O-Powers. I really hope this is the case as the catch and hatching O-Powers are extremely useful to have.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Dusk Mane Necrozma has known a new move that is called Photon Gayser. It might be the physical version of Prismatic Laser.

If that's the case:
Dusk Mane Necrozma: Photon Gayser and Sunsteel Strike
Dawn Wings Nercozma: Prismatic Laser and Moongeist Beam
This is what I was thinking. In this case, I can almost see Necrozma normal form getting Photon Geyser (though it has a higher Sp. Attack anyway).

john90

This is what I was thinking. In this case, I can almost see Necrozma normal form getting Photon Geyser (though it has a higher Sp. Attack anyway).

Not happening. It has been confirmed that the new move is for Necrozma and for both of its forms and that it is a special psychic move. So basically DM Necrozma will not benefit of it unless it becomes special oriented...something like B Kyurem not being able to learn a proper physical ice move

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Due to the extremely vague wording of of this Z-Rotom Power, I don't think what it does is going to be as obvious as everyone thinks. I think it will be some sort of system. Maybe you have supply of a extra Z-Moves, so you can only use an extra one so many time and then you have to recharge Rotom or something. If not, I think it will be some other gimmick.

Alpacawhisperer

Pokemon master
I know there was talk of a predicted number of new z-moves a while back. Are they all accounted for now?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Not happening. It has been confirmed that the new move is for Necrozma and for both of its forms and that it is a special psychic move. So basically DM Necrozma will not benefit of it unless it becomes special oriented...something like B Kyurem not being able to learn a proper physical ice move
How do we know it's a special move and that both forms know it?