• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

john90

How do we know it's a special move and that both forms know it?

She knows Japanese...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDlOuaVenCE

Not yet. There's roughly ten new spaces for new z-moves, so far we have Lycanroc, Kommo-o, Lunala, and Solgaleo. Assuming that Mimikyu gets one like everyone thinks, that leaves roughly five more.

Togedemaru is getting one too. We know it from the first trailer where also Mimikyu z move was shown briefly...

Last edited:

Alpacawhisperer

Pokemon master
Awesome, thank you. I couldn't remember how many people were expecting and was I would have been disappointed if we weren't getting more. I hope they pick some deserving pokemon.

future.newyorker

So, I'm kinda wondering how we will be getting the Snorlium, Mewium, and Marshadium in USUM, my guess is that by showing these Pokémon to certain people they will give us to them. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Yeah, pretty much. Same goes for Diancite.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So, I'm kinda wondering how we will be getting the Snorlium, Mewium, and Marshadium in USUM, my guess is that by showing these Pokémon to certain people they will give us to them. Anyone else have any thoughts?

I'd bet that Munchlax/Snorlax and Snorlium-Z will be available in game via normal means in Ultra Sun and Moon, just like Torchic and Blazekinite were in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire after being event exclusive in X and Y.

Akashin

I'd bet that Munchlax/Snorlax and Snorlium-Z will be available in game via normal means in Ultra Sun and Moon, just like Torchic and Blazekinite were in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire after being event exclusive in X and Y.

Munchlax/Snorlax were already naturally available the first time around. It was just the Snorlium-Z that wasn't.

But yeah, I definitely expect that to change.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Munchlax/Snorlax were already naturally available the first time around. It was just the Snorlium-Z that wasn't.

But yeah, I definitely expect that to change.

Guess they were. I had forgotten.

Sulfurian

Lunala getting prism armor...pretty big nerf if you ask me. Multiscale is much better. But solgeleo loves that ability

ShadowForce720

Lunala getting prism armor...pretty big nerf if you ask me. Multiscale is much better. But solgeleo loves that ability

Actually if you look at it in the long run while not necessarily the best ability it can be argued that Prism Armor is better for Lunala then Shadow Shield and here is why:

In Shadow Shield's case it reduces the amount of damage by 50% when the pokemon is at full health, while that is somewhat of a good thing the problem is once Lunala is no longer at full health then Shadow Shield doesn't really do anything unless you can get Lunala back to full health which would mean your wasting a turn healing, while in Prism Armor's case the ability is practically always active so it's always reducing super effectives hits down by 25% against Necrozma Wings of Dawn during the entire battle.

So it's not really a nerf since it does benefit Necrozma Wings of Dawn a bit more.

future.newyorker

So, the more and more that I think about it, I'm fairly certain that the clip of Lt. Surge's Gym they showed way back when is actually going to be a new postgame facility, and unfortunately Ryuki is going to be allocated to postgame again.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Well technically it's not Lunala, it's Necrozma. Ignoring that fact, it's seems pretty likely that Dawn Wings Necrozma will have higher stats than Lunala, and then there's also it's new moves. So not neccesarilly going to be worse-off overall than Lunala, even if Shadow Shield is a better ability.

So, the more and more that I think about it, I'm fairly certain that the clip of Lt. Surge's Gym they showed way back when is actually going to be a new postgame facility, and unfortunately Ryuki is going to be allocated to postgame again.

My worst fear tbh. He seems way too interesting to be a postgame-exclusive character.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Yeah, I'm not too sure if the new Necrozma forms will be worth it. Lunala has a super-Multiscale ability that even Mold Breaker can't penetrate and it's likely that Dusk Mane Necrozma won't have Splash either, which Solgaleo gets for Z-Splash sweeping.

Thure

Yeah, I'm not too sure if the new Necrozma forms will be worth it. Lunala has a super-Multiscale ability that even Mold Breaker can't penetrate and it's likely that Dusk Mane Necrozma won't have Splash either, which Solgaleo gets for Z-Splash sweeping.

Remeber that they have own Z-Moves which might be more effective than Z-Splash.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Remeber that they have own Z-Moves which might be more effective than Z-Splash.

Except their exclusive Z-Moves could only take out one Pokémon, whereas a Z-Splash boost can theoretically last the whole battle and be used to sweep with a normal attacking move.

john90

Except their exclusive Z-Moves could only take out one Pokémon, whereas a Z-Splash boost can theoretically last the whole battle and be used to sweep with a normal attacking move.

True. Add that DM Solgaleo stats can now be lowered by intimidate and sticky web and that it gains no benefit from the new psychic move that is a special move. DW Lunala can benefit of it but if its stats are not good enough without shadow shield maybe both forms are worse than the original solgaleo/lunala.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I dont understand how some people can play with legendaries and feel like theyre still normal players and not being cheap. Are there lots of people who play competitively who dont like using legendaries and wants normal pokemon?

john90

I dont understand how some people can play with legendaries and feel like theyre still normal players and not being cheap. Are there lots of people who play competitively who dont like using legendaries and wants normal pokemon?

I don't usually use Legends but how exactly do you call Smeargle, Amongoos, Magic Guard Clefable, 6 gen Talonflame and M Kangashkan?
Poor Legends...

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I don't usually use Legends but how exactly do you call Smeargle, Amongoos, Magic Guard Clefable, 6 gen Talonflame and M Kangashkan?
Poor Legends...

I thought they made some changes to talonflame and MKanga in gen 7? And Smeargle can't be as cheap anymore without darkrai's move, no? The other two idk about lol.