• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yeah, I'm not too sure if the new Necrozma forms will be worth it. Lunala has a super-Multiscale ability that even Mold Breaker can't penetrate and it's likely that Dusk Mane Necrozma won't have Splash either, which Solgaleo gets for Z-Splash sweeping.

Wow. I never thought I'd see the day where someone says a Pokemon is worse because it can't learn Splash. Just wow.

I dont understand how some people can play with legendaries and feel like theyre still normal players and not being cheap. Are there lots of people who play competitively who dont like using legendaries and wants normal pokemon?

Do you have a problem with the idea that people like using Legendary Pokemon? They're available in-game, and are still Pokemon, no matter how powerful they are. Personally, some of my favorite Pokemon in any given game are my favorite Pokemon available, and I always use my favorite Pokemon available.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Wow. I never thought I'd see the day where someone says a Pokemon is worse because it can't learn Splash. Just wow.

Hey, Solgaleo 2KOs Lugia with Sunsteel Strike after Z-Splash, and it's a large chance of a OHKO after Stealth Rock. It hits ridiculously hard, and it outruns most other legendaries (including Deoxys Attack) after a single Flame Charge even with an Adamant nature.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Hey, Solgaleo 2KOs Lugia with Sunsteel Strike after Z-Splash, and it's a large chance of a OHKO after Stealth Rock. It hits ridiculously hard, and it outruns most other legendaries (including Deoxys Attack) after a single Flame Charge even with an Adamant nature.

I'm not doubting Solgaleo's power. It's just the sheer absurdity that Z-Moves have made Splash, a move that was purposefully designed to be the most worthless move in existence, actually viable.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

Do you have a problem with the idea that people like using Legendary Pokemon? They're available in-game, and are still Pokemon, no matter how powerful they are. Personally, some of my favorite Pokemon in any given game are my favorite Pokemon available, and I always use my favorite Pokemon available.

Yeah definitely, as I said earlier I find them cheap and using "gods" is weird to me. But otherwise, I'm not gonna rant or anything, like I'm not raising any signs or anything and it's all a part of pokemon, not my part to say others can't use them.

Although I always play with rules that limit those kind of pokemon from battles and I don't play competitively so that's why I was asking if people who play competitively try and make their favorites work, or if they just default to what works best. And if I end up battling against someone using legendaries, I don't count it as a "real battle" in my head, even if it actually is a real battle.

Sessian

When do you guys think the story will start to significantly diverge from Sun/Moon?

The most obvious place would be at the Altar, after Nebby evolves. We know Necrozma appears there and fights Solgaleo/Lunala. We know that the player is there with Z-Lillie.

But then what about the Lusamine subplot? It doesn't seem like Necrozma-possessed Nebby is gonna be keen to help you out, so what if the Lusamine subplot gets changed or removed? Perhaps the story actually diverges even earlier, and it's a different event that gives rise to Z-Lillie...

Thoughts?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think Lusamine will become more of an anti-hero this time and the US group will be the main antagonists. I also think you will Battle Lillie at some point during your Island Challenge and she won't be afraid to battle. My guess she'll attempt to make Nebby grow stronger but since it can't learn any damaging attacks, she'll have some difficulty but has at least another Pokémon on hand to help her protect Nebby from harm. Probably an Alolan Vulpix or any Fairy type that is a little bit girly but not too delicate to have an intense battle.

.Aerodactyl.

When do you guys think the story will start to significantly diverge from Sun/Moon?

The most obvious place would be at the Altar, after Nebby evolves. We know Necrozma appears there and fights Solgaleo/Lunala. We know that the player is there with Z-Lillie.

But then what about the Lusamine subplot? It doesn't seem like Necrozma-possessed Nebby is gonna be keen to help you out, so what if the Lusamine subplot gets changed or removed? Perhaps the story actually diverges even earlier, and it's a different event that gives rise to Z-Lillie...

Thoughts?

Considering that it's the Ultra Reacon Squad chasing Lillie, I think it's going to vary from the beginning pretty significantly... I think the Lusamine subplot is going to be removed entirely. It could be that, instead, she actually has Guzma try and help protect nebby from the Ultra Recon Squad, and all those skull grunt battles are replaced with something else. I don't know. But I don't think Lusamine is going to be an antagonist in this at all... I think she'll be studying the wormholes looking for her husband but I don't think she's insane. I think Lillie is hiding from the Reacon Squad, and Gladion is still going to be rescuing Type: Null from Faba so his story doesn't change. Maybe he won't be team Skull though, maybe he's just looking for Lillie.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan

Thoughts?

Personally, I think the plot will change significally after we deal with Lusamine in Ultra Space, 'cause in the recent trailers there's a scene of her being atop Guzma's unconscious(?) body. Yeah, I think the Lusamine subplot will be kept, but will be changed. After that, the Necrozma events will occur.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Depends on what you mean. If you mean the story overall, it seems to be right at the beginning. If you are talking about the Legendary stuff, then I guess initially in the second Aether Foundation visit, as Necrozma seems to appear to Lusamine and Guzma during that time, though PC doesn't see it until the Altar.

Thure

Except their exclusive Z-Moves could only take out one Pokémon, whereas a Z-Splash boost can theoretically last the whole battle and be used to sweep with a normal attacking move.

We don't know the effect yet, do we? Some of the special Z-Moves have side effects like the Lycanroc one.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
In other news, rest of Corocoro just covers the UBs, Ultra Space, and the Recon Squad/Megalopolis.

In other news, rest of Corocoro just covers the UBs, Ultra Space, and the Recon Squad/Megalopolis.

Ooh, anything new? Maybe not just info, but new screenshots too?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
1507709774314.jpg

Enjoy.

john90

Thoughts?

Well, from what we know right now:

- URS is in the intro, replacing AF.
- We don't get the starters in the same way.
- URS challenge us since the beginning.
. Lilie changes clothes earlier.
- We, somehow, look after Nebby without Lilie at some point.
- We have not seen Team Skull yet.
- Maybe Nihilego is not the UB that appears in AF.
- Kiawe is not seen on the volcano, Marowak is now a totem and some trials look different.
- There's a real fairy trial.
- Something is happening on Exeggutor Island.
- Kahili teaches us a z-move.
- Hau is not with us when Burst/Assembly (new pokemon) appear.
- Guzzlord and Xurkitree may have a small role in the plot too.
- Lusamine may not become Mother Beast or in general be the villain.
- The League is already built.
- From the altar of sun/moon everything changes for sure.

These may not be BW2 but there are a lot of things happening around...

P.s. - Someone actually cares about Mohn this time (hope).

future.newyorker

Well, from what we know right now:

- URS is in the intro, replacing AF.
- We don't get the starters in the same way.
- URS challenge us since the beginning.
. Lilie changes clothes earlier.
- We, somehow, look after Nebby without Lilie at some point.
- We have not seen Team Skull yet.
- Maybe Nihilego is not the UB that appears in AF.
- Kiawe is not seen on the volcano, Marowak is now a totem and some trials look different.
- There's a real fairy trial.
- Something is happening on Exeggutor Island.
- Kahili teaches us a z-move.
- Hau is not with us when Burst/Assembly (new pokemon) appear.
- Guzzlord and Xurkitree may have a small role in the plot too.
- Lusamine may not become Mother Beast or in general be the villain.
- The League is already built.
- From the altar of sun/moon everything changes for sure.

These may not be BW2 but there are a lot of things happening around...

P.s. - Someone actually cares about Mohn this time (hope).

We don't know that's Lillie changes earlier, and nothing we know so far suggests that in any way.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'd be sad if Team Skull disappeared to be honest. They were so entertaining to me and I was always looking forward to whatever lines the grunts had to say. XD

shadowF

I don't see us getting a trailer this week, I see us getting a trailer next week with the reveal of the Z-moves for Lunala and Solgaleo plus new information.