• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
This statement kind of implies that there will be some sort of battling quest for the postgame, but it still seems like this will more or less be an expanded/lengthened version of the Delta Episode.

The question is, what's it's going to be about?

The mascot legends are obviously out of the question. Marshadow and Magearna are event-only Mythicals.
Some Ultra Beasts are involved in the main plot, and it seems that the rest of them are limited to their homeworlds.
It may revolve around the Tapus, but they're also involved in the main storyline for stopping the UBs.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Game Freak was greatly relieved to learn that Z-Moves were well-received by fans.

Hmm, so does Game Freak think Megas were a mistake? Cause I'd actually love to see that mechanic get expanded on, rather than being given the slow death that Game Freak seems intent on giving it at the moment.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The question is, what's it's going to be about?

The mascot legends are obviously out of the question. Marshadow and Magearna are event-only Mythicals.
Some Ultra Beasts are involved in the main plot, and it seems that the rest of them are limited to their homeworlds.
It may revolve around the Tapus, but they're also involved in the main storyline for stopping the UBs.
I thought it would be revolved around Necrozma and that the final showdown would take place in Ultra Megalopolis. From what we've seen in the trailers, it seems like the main plot will go up to Necrozma absorbing Solgaleo/Lunala, and then the URS will capture Necrozma after you defeat it in battle and take it back to their world, which then leads to you going straight to Mt. Lanakila to battle the Elite 4. Afterwards, the post game will just be catching Ultra beasts (similar to Mirage spots) until you arrive at Megalopolis to finish the Ultra Recon Squad once and for all & then catch Necrozma.

I'm hoping I'm wrong and that the postgame will have more to it than just this, but I'm hoping there will be some kind of quest alongside the Ultra Wormhole plot that's more akin to the Battle Frontier or returning to Kanto in the Johto games.

R_N

We still have some significant differences. What you describe is nothing 'we can tell thus far'. We even know that the URS hunts Lillie and not the AF.

The biggest segment they've shown is everything from necrozma's attack after reviving nebby onward. What i said is literally true :what we can tell thus far, this is where the biggest story deviation is. We've seen several other big plot beats up to then and nothing we've seen outside that has necessarily been different from how Platinum handeled its stuff, albeit with a new pokemon used by the other members and you actually fighting them (how on earth did we never fight charon i mean seriously)

if it turns out that large swaths of the story are radically different and they just so happened to focus on showing stuff that's mostly the same, then hey, cool, i'm wrong, it exceeds my expectations, we get a fun mostly new time, everyone's happy

i should also mention it being in line with platinum is, to me, not a deal breaker. i enjoyed platinum and the new climax here seems neat.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I just had a thought about the post-game facility. Assuming we indeed get something.

Recall the scene with Ryuki and the interior resembling Vermilion Gym?
What if the post-game facility is basically being able to rematch old Gym Leaders in rooms resembling their gyms?

I know this is a stretch and wishful thinking but... that would be cool.

Of course, I know the possibility of the said building just being visually similar to Vermilion Gym. And it doesn't really mean anything.

.Aerodactyl.

I just had a thought about the post-game facility. Assuming we indeed get something.

What if the post-game facility is basically being able to rematch old Gym Leaders in rooms resembling their gyms?

Of course, I know the possibility of the said building just being visually similar to Vermilion Gym. And it doesn't really mean anything.

I don't think it's a stretch. Apparently the anime hints at there being some kind of gym facility. Anyone watch the anime that can name.and confirm the building?

Everything12

I don't think it's a stretch. Apparently the anime hints at there being some kind of gym facility. Anyone watch the anime that can name.and confirm the building?

I've watched every episode of Sun and Moon so far and have no idea what you are talking about. Are you talking about when they went to Kanto and had a Gym Battle against Brock and Misty because that's likely just something for the Anime's anniversary and has no impact on the game whatsoever, that or your talking about the Pokemon Fight Club which is just a bunch of wild Pokemon fighting each other for training and definitely won't be in the game.

future.newyorker

The biggest segment they've shown is everything from necrozma's attack after reviving nebby onward. What i said is literally true :what we can tell thus far, this is where the biggest story deviation is. We've seen several other big plot beats up to then and nothing we've seen outside that has necessarily been different from how Platinum handeled its stuff, albeit with a new pokemon used by the other members and you actually fighting them (how on earth did we never fight charon i mean seriously)

if it turns out that large swaths of the story are radically different and they just so happened to focus on showing stuff that's mostly the same, then hey, cool, i'm wrong, it exceeds my expectations, we get a fun mostly new time, everyone's happy

i should also mention it being in line with platinum is, to me, not a deal breaker. i enjoyed platinum and the new climax here seems neat.

I believe it was established early on in Platinum, perhaps at the Valley Windworks, that Charon was only a scientist, not a trainer, hence why the admins had to protect him.

R_N

I believe it was established early on in Platinum, perhaps at the Valley Windworks, that Charon was only a scientist, not a trainer, hence why the admins had to protect him.

I think the entire thing was to underscore how cowardly he was, yes, but, still
such an odd addition because he didn't really add anything that wasn't already there. Guess they really wanted that Rotom backstory.

So this isn't really related to anything at hand, but I think the school might see a minor expansion or things to do in it. There's been something about it that's always kind of bugged me: the post game, of all things, has a fight against the principle (a veteran) and for some bizzare reason this single fight has a unique background. No other trainer in the school uses this background and I don't believe it shows up in any other similar building. It just seems so odd to make this one, unique battleground that most people will probably never see and you never have a reason to go back to unless you remember it exists.

future.newyorker

I think the entire thing was to underscore how cowardly he was, yes, but, still
such an odd addition because he didn't really add anything that wasn't already there. Guess they really wanted that Rotom backstory.

So this isn't really related to anything at hand, but I think the school might see a minor expansion or things to do in it. There's been something about it that's always kind of bugged me: the post game, of all things, has a fight against the principle (a veteran) and for some bizzare reason this single fight has a unique background. No other trainer in the school uses this background and I don't believe it shows up in any other similar building. It just seems so odd to make this one, unique battleground that most people will probably never see and you never have a reason to go back to unless you remember it exists.

The school is also where you face Ilima, but yes, I agree it needs to be expanded upon, even though it's already the most expansive Trainer School we've had.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Anybody else just get chills from that new trailer? Makes me wish Necrozma was pure Dark with Power Trip.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Anybody else just get chills from that new trailer? Makes me wish Necrozma was pure Dark with Power Trip.

I wish he was pure dark too, not only for someone to get use out of power trip, but so he would be Dark/Steel and Dark/Ghost in his new forms. Thus solgaleo and lunala would still have some use.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The difference is between having double the events and actual things to do in the story vs. sitting through twice as many cutscenes watching the characters talk. We've seen no evidence of a significant increase in the former.

The comment I responded to wasn't about content, it was about story. They said it was double script and not double story. There really is not much of a difference, as story in Pokémon games is just script.

Totally. It was absolutely stunning.

Thure

Now I even MORE think that the cloud on the map is hiding something.

I thought it would be revolved around Necrozma and that the final showdown would take place in Ultra Megalopolis. From what we've seen in the trailers, it seems like the main plot will go up to Necrozma absorbing Solgaleo/Lunala, and then the URS will capture Necrozma after you defeat it in battle and take it back to their world, which then leads to you going straight to Mt. Lanakila to battle the Elite 4. Afterwards, the post game will just be catching Ultra beasts (similar to Mirage spots) until you arrive at Megalopolis to finish the Ultra Recon Squad once and for all & then catch Necrozma.

I'm hoping I'm wrong and that the postgame will have more to it than just this, but I'm hoping there will be some kind of quest alongside the Ultra Wormhole plot that's more akin to the Battle Frontier or returning to Kanto in the Johto games.

I doubt that all the things we saw are post games...

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The comment I responded to wasn't about content, it was about story. They said it was double script and not double story. There really is not much of a difference, as story in Pokémon games is just script.

No, not really. Storyline is not just script. When you go to Aether Paradise to save Lillie and Nebby, that's not just new areas to explore, that's also part of the story, it's one of the key arcs in the storyline. The problem people are having with this game is the content and events, not the script. So only improving the latter doesn't really fix the problem with this game.

Thure

No, not really. Storyline is not just script. When you go to Aether Paradise to save Lillie and Nebby, that's not just new areas to explore, that's also part of the story, it's one of the key arcs in the storyline. The problem people are having with this game is the content and events, not the script. So only improving the latter doesn't really fix the problem with this game.

But they ALSO said that the games have more CONTENT than Emerald or Platinum. This sentence was not about the script

Last edited:

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
I'm seeing this screenshot running around. Has this been confirmed fake?

Attachments

• ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.jpg
    ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 317

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I'm seeing this screenshot running around. Has this been confirmed fake?

First time I'm seeing this pic, honestly. Though the contents are interesting.

We have the player character, Lillie in her Z-form, Guzma and Lusamine, as well two NPCs that look like URS members at the Altar of the Moone. The interesting part here is that Lusamine is standing still instead of um, losing consciousness like in S/M. Guess if it's real, this takes place immediately after the confrontation in Ultra Space and apparently, after Necrozma attacks Nebby.

Last edited:
Alright, here's a little more insight than what was posted by Serebii on the site.
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/10/1...ferent-main-story-with-other-worlds-to-visit/

• Junichi Masuda is in charge of fully supervising the game.
  • Game Freak was greatly relieved to learn that Z-Moves were well-received by fans.
  • For Sun & Moon, Game Freak worked on balancing bosses by making them beatable if players use proper strategies or suffer if they go in recklessly.
  • After completing work on Sun & Moon, the staff felt that there was still more they could do in the Alola region.
  • The reason they’re releasing Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon is to offer players some variety before the current image they get stuck with the same image of Alola.
  • The story isn’t a “sequel.” It’s a “story that has a little divergence” from Sun and Moon.
  • Characters from the “Ultra Recon Squad” make an appearance, and that’s where the story changes. They appear at the opening of the game, so you’ll be able to start the game with excitement.
  • On top of a different main story from Sun & Moon, there’s an additional new episode after entering the Hall of Fame. Game Freak teases that those who are looking at it as what Platinum was to Diamond and Pearl, can expect an even more ultra huge change coming.
  • The Ultra Recon Squad arrived from another world through an Ultra Wormhole. A new element is being prepared that will have the protagonist and company dive into the Ultra Wormhole and visit all kinds of different worlds.
  • Pokémon will be much easier to collect and train compared to Sun and Moon.
  • Using the “Ultra Warp Ride” to travel to other worlds, you’ll even get to visit a world with Legendary Pokémon. For example, you can meet and catch Mewtwo. That’s all Game Freak has to say about that for now and they’ll leave it to your imagination whether we’ll get to meet other Legendary Pokémon.
  • If we put it simply as far as story volume goes, the addition of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon should about double the current story volume for the Sun & Moon generation.

Platinum's post-game episode mainly revolves in arresting Charon and exploring an additional landmass, the Battle Zone, where it took place.
The area has the Battle Frontier, the Battleground, Stark Mountain, Resort Villa, and more routes of course.

If USUM, is going beyond that, one would naturally expect Alola to have an additional and bigger landmass as well.
Aside from the post-game storyline, one would expect a post-game-worthy battle facility, and a rematch facility of sorts.

All of this sounds awesome. When it says "Ultra Huge" changes - something more than Platinum even - that could very well mean we get a Delta Episode situation where something big is teased but not fully explored until the next games, kinda like the parallel universe concept Zinnia brought up that wasn't fully explored until this Gen. Plus, if we go on from the story bit to the battle facility bit, I feel confident in saying that most likely there will be both the battle tree and this strange Gym Facility we find Ryuki in. The Gym Facility could be where we see all of the Gym Leaders that have currently been in the game, and if the Battle tree doesn't get revamped with more E4s and Champions then there may be special rooms in the Gym Facility for them too.

As for the "easier to catch and train" part, that's either referring to Rotom's Loto powers, or it's saying that they've finally made a postgame grinding area and maybe have made more than one of the Apricorn Balls available.

Anything for me to see Wallace again.