• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Ultra Beast Lover

People keep talking about story and I'm just waiting for gen 8th I'm so done with Island games, I just want a region like Orre. Not to mention I haven't been a fan of a lot the new Pokemon/Ultra beast designs for some reason starting with gen 6th the designs haven't been working for me its strange because I loved the art work from gen 1 all the way through to 5th gen.

I want games like Orre to, scratch that I want to go back to Orre. I love this Gen and I do love trials however I wouldn't want this all the time just every few Generations we could have trials to spice things up.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Since wormholes will be giving us legendaries again, I wonder if this time they’ll incorporate the original locations we found them in. Like the top of Burnt Tower for Ho-oh, or Sky Pillar for Ray. Not the entire area, just the portal goes to that one area from the previous games.

It’d be a nice touch rather than just gazing in and hearing their cries.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Since IGN just confirmed these will be the last mainline games for the 3DS before the series moves over to the Switch, it's gotten my hopes up for USUM, hopefully they went all out.

Yeah hopefully they tried to put in as much new stuff as possible with a fully fleshed out post game. I would expect a significant(but not overly revolutionary) change to how the Pokemon games are played once it moves onto the switch. Hopefully these games can be a great final swansong for Pokemon games on dedicated handhelds.

.Aerodactyl.

Yeah hopefully they tried to put in as much new stuff as possible with a fully fleshed out post game. I would expect a significant(but not overly revolutionary) change to how the Pokemon games are played once it moves onto the switch. Hopefully these games can be a great final swansong for Pokemon games on dedicated handhelds.

In the interview, I'm interested in the thing they can't talk about yet that's supposed to excite us! They move right into talking about Ultra wormholes after that. Is it a new feature or just a story aspect?

In the interview, I'm interested in the thing they can't talk about yet that's supposed to excite us! They move right into talking about Ultra wormholes after that. Is it a new feature or just a story aspect?

The story trailer is already out so I'd expect any feature not yet revealed to not be story related. It could be a reference to the feature of going through ultra space to catch old ledgendaries, or something else entirely.

Is there any new information?

According to IGN, this is what was said:

"What you’ve seen in that particular image is a new place to visit in Malie City, which, while we were designing it, we did have some thoughts of the Kanto region. But any more than that is a little difficult to say that at the moment, so look forward to playing that."

Sounds a ton like a Battle Facility, but due to the reference to Kanto only, I'm hoping that it's not limited to Kanto.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So, according to IGN, the place where you first meet Ryuki in USUM (the building whose layout is extremely similar to Vermilion Gym's) is indeed in Malie City. Called it.

You called what, exactly?

According to IGN, this is what was said:

"What you’ve seen in that particular image is a new place to visit in Malie City, which, while we were designing it, we did have some thoughts of the Kanto region. But any more than that is a little difficult to say that at the moment, so look forward to playing that."

Sounds a ton like a Battle Facility, but due to the reference to Kanto only, I'm hoping that it's not limited to Kanto.

Not really though. Nothing implies any sort of battle-focused area or any sort of special gimmick. The only thing that's implied is that there's a building in Malie that looks like a place in Kanto. It could just be a recreation, there for some random reason.

Thure

You called what, exactly?

Not really though. Nothing implies any sort of battle-focused area or any sort of special gimmick. The only thing that's implied is that there's a building in Malie that looks like a place in Kanto. It could just be a recreation, there for some random reason.

Except the part of the quote saying ' But any more than that is a little difficult to say that at the moment, so look forward to playing that.' If it's just a random place there would nothing difficult to explain.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Except the part of the quote saying ' But any more than that is a little difficult to say that at the moment, so look forward to playing that.' If it's just a random place there would nothing difficult to explain.

I think they r just trying to create false hype.
If we r gonna get something great and if the post game will be larger than that of Platinum's, why not show us a glimpse?!
I won't believe any of their words until I see an evidence that supports their claims.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

I think they r just trying to create false hype.
If we r gonna get something great and if the post game will be larger than that of Platinum's, why not show us a glimpse?!
I won't believe any of their words until I see an evidence that supports their claims.

Because the last time they showed a glimpse of the post game which was for ORAS people complained about them revealing the Delta episode. So it's entirely possible that they want to keep it hidden, to surprise people.

janejane6178

Because the last time they showed a glimpse of the post game which was for ORAS people complained about them revealing the Delta episode. So it's entirely possible that they want to keep it hidden, to surprise people.

Well yes, you're right in that regard.
But what about the false hype they r trying to create with the "gym" in Maily city ( Cant remember the exact name)?
I'm not talking about a theoretic post game episode, like the ones we had in ORAS/XY. I'm talking about a new battle facility, like PWT or battle frontier. Revealing something in that sort, won't spoil anything but make us want to get the game even more.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
There's still like a month remaining before the game launches. Surely they still have some things that they haven't revealed at all, otherwise they wouldn't have anything to hype up in the coming month. They plan these trailers months in advance, deciding exactly what to reveal when to maximise the hype and sales outputs. Revealing nothing in the last month makes no sense, it'd only cause the hype to diminish during that time. They've got to have more left than just Z-Moves for Mimikyu and Togedemaru.

Last edited:

janejane6178

There's still like a month remaining before the game launches. Surely they still have some things that they haven't revealed at all, otherwise they wouldn't have anything to hype up in the coming month. They plan these trailers months in advance, deciding exactly what to reveal when to maximise the hype and sales outputs. Revealing nothing in the last month makes no sense, it'd only cause the hype to diminish during that time. They've got to have more left than just Z-Moves for Mimikyu and Togedemaru.

Well I hope you're right. Cuz so far it seems like Z-moves r considered as big news, accodring to them