• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Ultra Beast Lover

I just hope they’re aren’t any hairstyles or hair colors locked behind postgame.

I hope we can get actually pink or blue, maybe even green or purple hair. I'd settle for pink and blue though.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
If boys and girls can look like Mirror B. I'm in!

I'm in, too, but only if dressing as him also triggers his theme music.

Also, I know I posted this a while back, but since we have confirmation that the "Vermillion Gym" is just a location in Malie City, I really what that location to be the new and improved Trick House. I would love it if, after years of exploring the various Regions of the Pokemon World, the Trick Master settled in Alola, where he built a new Trick House that utilized the puzzles of various Gyms and other buildings he came across during his travels.

Last edited:

Sulfurian

Oh great, more exclusives like the actual new forms of Necrozma are also version exclusive. That means necrozma might have to hold an item to keep these forms or it's a key item meaning one form is impossible in another game. I already was annoyed that these third versions had brand new exclusives with the new ultra beasts, but now even new forms on the boxart is exclusive? What's next?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Oh great, more exclusives like the actual new forms of Necrozma are also version exclusive. That means necrozma might have to hold an item to keep these forms or it's a key item meaning one form is impossible in another game. I already was annoyed that these third versions had brand new exclusives with the new ultra beasts, but now even new forms on the boxart is exclusive? What's next?

Ummm I'm sure that the Forms can be accessed in both versions by trading them, at the very least. GF hasn't kept forms exclusive to specific versions like that since the Deoxys forms in Gen 3.

Also, has anyone translated the menu that's displayed when talking to Rockruff in those new screenshots yet?

Ultra Beast Lover

I still kinda hope we can interact with Nebby in the overworld like the Espur mission in XY where we need to calm it down and get it to Lillie/Emma

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yes, it is completely different. You're paying $20 more dollars for one...

And you had to pay $10 more for the games when they switched from DS to 3DS.

for a game you can only have one save on!

It would seem you don't know much about the Switch. In-game multiple save files is no longer a thing. Instead, the Switch can have multiple accounts, and each account gets its own save file on every game. So, for the first time ever, Pokémon would actually allow for as many save files as you can make accounts.

And the home consoles are more expensive than hand helds.

The 3DS costed $250 when it came out, the Switch costs $300. That really isn't much of a difference. If you consider inflation, the 3DS would have costed $280, if it were released today. So for only $20 extra (which is only a measly 7% increase), you're getting a significantly better console.

True. But you cannot deny that fans would expect something more because of that.

That's my point though. We as fans really shouldn't be expecting anything significant, as it doesn't really mean anything to begin with.

And it doesn't help that these games are third version, too.

That's a different matter. But yes, it doesn't help.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I want games like Orre to, scratch that I want to go back to Orre. I love this Gen and I do love trials however I wouldn't want this all the time just every few Generations we could have trials to spice things up.

I LOVED Orre, and by extension Coliseum/XD. I would love them to create a handheld version where you can travel to Orre (and catch a legit Shadow Lugia).

.Aerodactyl.

Any thoughts on what they could do for a post game battle facility? They might not make a new one or add another one, but I imagine the battle tree is going to get expanded at least, with more old Characters returning, maybe adding a new playstyle or two (I could see them adding a function to make it even more similar to the PWT in terms of battle set up.)

I'm still kinda hoping they'll make a battle frontier-esque facility. Thing is, I don't think we'll ever get the "battle frontier" again, at least not under that name (unless they do a remake or something). But I could still see them eventually making something similar with a different name. I'd love a rental facility tower, and something akin to the battle Hall in gen 4.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Any thoughts on what they could do for a post game battle facility? They might not make a new one or add another one, but I imagine the battle tree is going to get expanded at least, with more old Characters returning, maybe adding a new playstyle or two (I could see them adding a function to make it even more similar to the PWT in terms of battle set up.)

I'm still kinda hoping they'll make a battle frontier-esque facility. Thing is, I don't think we'll ever get the "battle frontier" again, at least not under that name (unless they do a remake or something). But I could still see them eventually making something similar with a different name. I'd love a rental facility tower, and something akin to the battle Hall in gen 4.

Its possible the new building in Malie City where we encounter Ryuki could end up being a battle facility.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I just hope they’re aren’t any hairstyles or hair colors locked behind postgame.

This. Even if they aren't all available right away I'd like a way to unlock them earlier than reaching the postgame. I was disappointed that I couldn't get wine red pigtails until postgame. On that subject I'd like to have the ginger hair colour from XY back. I'm not sure why they removed it given that it's a natural hair colour.

Because of Battle Royal part of me doesn't see any facility being added unfortunately. I can see them adding new NPCs to the Tree but that's about all I can see them doing. I'd love Triples and rotations back though at least but if they were cut for technical reasons I don't see them returning either. If they did add a new one I can see it being more like the PWT rather than a Frontier facility. Still, I'll never give up hope of one day seeing my 3D Battle Pyramid. One day...

future.newyorker

Its possible the new building in Malie City where we encounter Ryuki could end up being a battle facility.

It could also be one that is under construction throughout the game, and then in post game it is completed. Much like the Battle Frontier in HG/SS.

.Aerodactyl.

This. Even if they aren't all available right away I'd like a way to unlock them earlier than reaching the postgame. I was disappointed that I couldn't get wine red pigtails until postgame. On that subject I'd like to have the ginger hair colour from XY back. I'm not sure why they removed it given that it's a natural hair colour.

Because of Battle Royal part of me doesn't see any facility being added unfortunately. I can see them adding new NPCs to the Tree but that's about all I can see them doing. I'd love Triples and rotations back though at least but if they were cut for technical reasons I don't see them returning either. If they did add a new one I can see it being more like the PWT rather than a Frontier facility. Still, I'll never give up hope of one day seeing my 3D Battle Pyramid. One day...

I feel like the battle tree was supposed to be like PWT. I could see them turning the battle tree more into PWT before adding PWT separately. But I agree. I don't re know if they would add a new facility necessarily. I have hopes, but only time will tell.

As for customization, I'd like more styles in general, and I'm all for more colours. I'd love a light blue like Crystal from gen 2. I'm not gonna lie, I would legit pay DLC for customization packages that added a bunch if hair styles and clothes XD. They'd never do it, but I just love that feature.

future.newyorker

I feel like the battle tree was supposed to be like PWT. I could see them turning the battle tree more into PWT before adding PWT separately. But I agree. I don't re know if they would add a new facility necessarily. I have hopes, but only time will tell.

As for customization, I'd like more styles in general, and I'm all for more colours. I'd love a light blue like Crystal from gen 2. I'm not gonna lie, I would legit pay DLC for customization packages that added a bunch if hair styles and clothes XD. They'd never do it, but I just love that feature.

I would love the ability to dress up like past Gen characters. PC’s, rivals, Gym leaders, E4, evil teams, it would be so much fun to make themed play throughs like that. The closest I got was my theme play through as Red in Y.