• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

future.newyorker

Zygarde may be old, but his forms are new for this gen.
I'd love it if they actually put a story for his being in Alola this time, and maybe make a tracker for his cells... that was way too annoying of a fetch quest for a kids game. If Zygarde does return, I'm ignoring his cells until AFTER I unlock all the locations. I never did get Complete cause I couldn't for the life of me find the last few that I needed... cause I didn't know what I had and didn't want to get route by route in both worlds until I found the last few.

I agree. I have 1 left to find, and I have no clue which one it is and no clue where it is. But I think Sina and Dexio mentioned something about there having to be a reason that Zygarde was in the Alola Region. We know that Zygarde can sense changes in the planet’s eco system and it reacts accordingly, maybe Zygarde sensed the imminent threat that the UB’s were putting on Alola and went to the Alola Region, but ended up getting separated by something or another. Maybe the URS are responsible and we find that out in USUM?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Zygarde may be old, but his forms are new for this gen.
I'd love it if they actually put a story for his being in Alola this time, and maybe make a tracker for his cells... that was way too annoying of a fetch quest for a kids game. If Zygarde does return, I'm ignoring his cells until AFTER I unlock all the locations. I never did get Complete cause I couldn't for the life of me find the last few that I needed... cause I didn't know what I had and didn't want to get route by route in both worlds until I found the last few.

Seriously. For a company so obsessed with making things accessible for a casual audience they sure made it tedious to complete. Some kind of radar or tracker would really help things.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Alright, so here's another interview with the developers conducted by a Spanish website.

Source: http://www.vandal.net/reportaje/pokemon-ultrasol-ultraluna
Translated Transcript: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/77vaoq/a_spanish_website_interviewed_iwao_and_ohmori_too/

One thing stood out to me and really piqued my curiosity.

Players liked the idea of the Trials and the Kahuna, but they wonder if the gyms will come back

Iwao: This time the traditional gyms won't be there and the Trials continue, that traditional form of the region of Alola for trainers to improve. But we made an extra effort to reinforce the Trias, in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon we made some changes and added certain elements to improve its gameplay.

Even if there won't be traditional gyms as such, [USUM] will have a new feature based on the same idea and we want the players to try it by themselves.

USUM will have a feature that is similar to Gym battles... would that explain the Malie building that looks like Vermilion Gym?

We're learning so many things about the game yet we don't see any images of these things...

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Well, as you said we actually saw it. Haha.

Some rumors imply it just a rental battling feature though.

kemal07

I’ve been thinking. I remember the last set of original DS Pokemon games which were Black and White 2. The way they made those games really were like a celebration, you know like a huge finale game for those consoles which bought in All the gym leaders and champions of every region via PWT. I’m wondering if USUM will have a similar treatment. Bringing all past Gym leaders and E4 to celebrate the end of an era before moving onto switch

Hasty

Moonside
I am very interested in this part, I would have thought Necrozma would be the leader or the King of the Ultra Beasts. I wonder what the story is with it and the Ultra Beasts. I am also interested in Adhesive's relationship with people.
I would say Necrozma can still be something like a king of the UBs. Even if it isn't some kind of missing link and closely related to UBs, it still has some relationship to them and their world.

I'm guessing the relationship between people and UB Adhesive probably hints to it being able to evolve. It looks much more Pokemon-like with its face and smile and cuteness than all other UB.

I’ve been thinking. I remember the last set of original DS Pokemon games which were Black and White 2. The way they made those games really were like a celebration, you know like a huge finale game for those consoles which bought in All the gym leaders and champions of every region via PWT. I’m wondering if USUM will have a similar treatment. Bringing all past Gym leaders and E4 to celebrate the end of an era before moving onto switch

I really expect them to update the Battle Tree with many more characters. Maybe it will be much more akin to the PWT?

Last edited:
This is a quote from the interview Wulava was referencing that's interesting:

Instead of Team Skull this time we have the Ultra Recon Squad, who are they?

Iwao: The URS come from another world, where they confronted Necrozma and tried to control it, but something went wrong and their world became dark. A similar threat approaches now Alola, so they came to Alola to investigate what happens and thats what they are doing when they encounter player's character.

Not only did they not deny TS leaving for the URS, but they mentioned that the URS tried to confront and control Necrozma. Hmmm...

Ultra Beast Lover

Interesting, maybe they were well intentioned extremists at first then when Necrozma stole the light they realized their mistake?

Aetius

Not only did they not deny TS leaving for the URS, but they mentioned that the URS tried to confront and control Necrozma. Hmmm...

Classic case of humans trying to control what's beyond their comprehension.
Does this mean that both the Cosmog line and Necrozma come from the same world?

Classic case of humans trying to control what's beyond their comprehension.
Does this mean that both the Cosmog line and Necrozma come from the same world?

They most likely do since their battle themes are the same.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy

Speaking of battle themes, I'm expecting the Necrozma battle at the altar to have a new theme, just like Black and White Kyurem did, while Solgaleo / Lunala should retain their SM themes.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Speaking of battle themes, I'm expecting the Necrozma battle at the altar to have a new theme, just like Black and White Kyurem did, while Solgaleo / Lunala should retain their SM themes.

Giratina also gained its own theme in Platinum, so I would expect Necrozma to have one in this game.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Anyone else hoping Noibat/Noivern and Heatmor and Durant will be in the new Alola Dex? I’m especially hoping for Noibat and Noivern because they are pretty useful in battle and are the only bat Pokémon found in caves that don’t attack you every other step.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I've been hearing that UB Adhesion's summary on the Japanese website supposedly hints at a new form or evolution. Can anyone tell me what it says or send me a link of some sort?

Sulfurian

Can't wait for the legendary remixes, expecting these to have more guitar because of the theme of music so far that we've seen

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Does the fact that they were the last DS games really have anything to do with their amount of content though? They very likely had that much content because Game Freak decided to go all-out, regardless of its status as final game on the DS. Think about it, does being the final game on a system really mean anything? Probably not, at least to Game Freak. To them, it's probably just a minor statistic. They make it, and then move on to the next game, like any other game they make.

They were probably given the same battle theme because Necrozma has related lore with Solgaleo and Lunala. It's a part of their trio, and trios almost always share music. That doesn't mean they come from the same world. I'm not saying one way or another on whether or not they come from the same world, I'm just saying the music means literally nothing.

Li_Syaoran

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are almost here! Just one month left ...

Have you guys chosen what Pokémon you want for your team?

I will have:

Ash-Cap Pikachu (I Choose You)
Fearow
Lycanroc (Dusk)
Torterra
Incineroar
Feraligatr
Raticate (Alola)
Muk (Alola)
Celebi

I probably will add more Pokémon in the game and I thinking about sending over some of my Shiny Pokémon, like Munchlax, Lapras, Ninetales (Kanto) and Bagon.

Last edited:

.Aerodactyl.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are almost here! Just one month left ...

Have you guys chosen what Pokémon you want for your team?

I will have:

Ash-Cap Pikachu (I Choose You)
Fearow
Lycanroc (Dusk)
Torterra
Incineroar
Feraligatr
Raticate (Alola)
Muk (Alola)
Celebi

I probably will add more Pokémon in the game and I thinking about sending over some of my Shiny Pokémon, like Munchlax, Lapras, Ninetales (Kanto) and Bagon.

It depends. I think I'll use the special Lycanroc as my starter, since I've already used Popplio-Primarina, I'm using a Torracat in my Nuzlocke run (I refuse to evolve it) and I have no interest in using rowlet-Decidueye. I haven't used Lycanroc at all in a play through yet.

If there are a few new Alolan forms and new Pokemon available, I'll do a regular one with some new ones and old ones I've never used before as they interest me. Or, if it's just legendaries and the new UB's and they aren't available until post game or late game I might do a wedlocke run.

What I do know I'm going to do after the game is breed my way through the national Dex :D I'm really excited about it!

Ultra Beast Lover

So far I know I'll use what I had last time:

Primarina

Pichu

The new Lycanroc

Mimikyu

But I haven't decided who'll replace Ash Greninja, is Zorua a good Pokemon?