• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I took inspiration from the hair colours of the main team members. Plasma has green in N and Ghetsis, while Galactic has Indigo/Violet in its admins (as well as the whole galaxy theme, when galaxies tend to look more purple-pinkish).

I guess I see what you're saying, but that really is stretching things quite far. the hair colors of the leaders aren't really the colors that represent the team. Another large problem would be that Cyrus' hair color is blue. If we really did want to say hair color mattered, shouldn't it be the hair color of the leader?

kemal07

I wonder if this means that all the Team Rocket Executives, Team Aqua and Magma Admins, Team Galactic Commanders, Team Plasma’s Zinzolin and Shadow Triad, as well as Team Flare Scientists will all be battleable in these games. Isn’t it too much ?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yes, I'm hyped to see Team Rocket again too. And what if there are other teams that come in!? Oh, I have a feeling these games are going to be great.

I don't really care if the others get in, but it'd be hilarious is Magma gets a chance at calling Flare out for stealing their colors. I need to see that... if all past teams are indeed present, I'm not fond of Flare so I'd accept their presence for a joke like that.

Orphalesion

Hmm, that actually makes sense.
Red: Magma
Orange: Flare
Yellow: Aether
Green: Plasma
Blue: Aqua
Indigo/Violet: Galactic
Black/the one uniting them all: Rocket

Those are not the colours of the rainbow.

The colours of the rainbow are:

Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Cyan(or Blue), Blue(or Indigo) and Violet

Black is never a colour of the rainbow.

The only colourful evil teams were Aqua, Magma and Flare, and Magma and Flare share the same rough spectrum.

Last edited:

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I hope the Rocket Grunt that we ran into in Cerulean City comes out of retirement and leaves Unova to become a new Rocket Executive. Could you imagine an executive speaking like him?

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
I hope the Rocket Grunt that we ran into in Cerulean City comes out of retirement and leaves Unova to become a new Rocket Executive. Could you imagine an executive speaking like him?

And give up his family to "bye bye a go-go" back to crime?

While it's a good idea, let the poor man have some closure.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
...I was just thinking. SM's codename was "rainbow". While USUM's was technically indeed "Stars" and not the former...

Actually, I believe the Switch game was code named "Stars."

As I recall, sources pointed to a Switch game by that name, not a 3DS game. I don't think the code name would hold any weight to the contents of USUM.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
I was just thinking. SM's codename was "rainbow". While USUM's was technically indeed "Stars" and not the former, the name "rainbow" in Rocket's name would imply that it could be a veiled reference to the parallel universe theory - thus supporting enemies coming from parallel universes to join this team. I'm probably over-analysing but whatever.

Wasn't Ash Greninja also called "Rainbow Greninja" by the leakers back when? I think Rainbow is just associated with the region as a whole. What I can see happening is TR returning in Kanto, sending out people to start an Alola branch, and they just use a rainbow to denote they're from the "rainbow region" as opposed to mainstream Kanto TR

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Wasn't Ash Greninja also called "Rainbow Greninja" by the leakers back when? I think Rainbow is just associated with the region as a whole. What I can see happening is TR returning in Kanto, sending out people to start an Alola branch, and they just use a rainbow to denote they're from the "rainbow region" as opposed to mainstream Kanto TR

That was probably just people trying to come up with a "clever" name for Ash-Greninja and calling it a leak to get their 10 minutes of fame. They knew about games being code-named rainbow, so they must have thought it was logical to just tack the word rainbow onto something we already knew about from the show, and call it a leak.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i heard in a YT vid that IGN had an interview with the developers of USUM and they said that USUM is likely the last mainstream pokemon game to feature on the 3ds. from what i understand the next game after USUM will be on the switch if anything as the DS system is already quite old. can anyone please confirm this?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Those are not the colours of the rainbow.

The colours of the rainbow are:

Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Cyan(or Blue), Blue(or Indigo) and Violet

Black is never a colour of the rainbow.

The only colourful evil teams were Aqua, Magma and Flare, and Magma and Flare share the same rough spectrum.

Rainbow Rocket is not even its official name. Most likely it just refers to the logo.
But regardless, you have to admit that for a group with dark minds, they sure are a colorful bunch.

jh1P51j.png

Replace Lusamine with Colress since they both share Yellow.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Either this week or the next week.

Either this week or the next week.

That's only really a possibility - in past experience concerning these games (at least, as far as I can remember), when info has been leaked by a different source there's been a video a few days later featuring all of the leaked stuff. It could just be coincidence but I say we might get a trailer sooner.

Thure

That's only really a possibility - in past experience concerning these games (at least, as far as I can remember), when info has been leaked by a different source there's been a video a few days later featuring all of the leaked stuff. It could just be coincidence but I say we might get a trailer sooner.

Most likely this was just because the leaks get their informations from the trailers.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Most likely this was just because the leaks get their informations from the trailers.

Uh, no. It's most likely insider info.

The wishlist which mentioned new UBs, new Z-Moves, Necrozma formes, a battle facility and the return of villains especially Giovanni, was posted March 28 on 4chan. Two months before USUM was even announced.

Now, the Rainbow Rocket rumor popped up on October 11 to support that wishlist. We've got new info on October 12 and 20, but neither updates supported the rumor.

It's just in the past few days that these rumors became relevant. It's all thanks to various tidbits from interviews and the most recent Team Rocket info.

Thure

Uh, no. It's most likely insider info.

The wishlist which mentioned new UBs, new Z-Moves, Necrozma formes, a battle facility and the return of villains especially Giovanni, was posted March 28 on 4chan. Two months before USUM was even announced.

Now, the Rainbow Rocket rumor popped up on October 11 to support that wishlist. We've got new info on October 12 and 20, but neither updates supported the rumor.

It's just in the past few days that these rumors became relevant. It's all thanks to various tidbits from interviews and the most recent Team Rocket info.

Of course that's the big leaks. But I was talking about the smaller leaks which are followed by a trailer the next 24 hours.

Also I'm still not sold on the october leaks. They could just be some guy who copy pasted the march leaks and jumped on adding some own theories. There is no legitimacy to the ocotober leaks.

future.newyorker

My best bet would be Thursday, just because IIRC two latest trailers were released on Thursday (not counting the story trailer).

We’re they? If so that’s odd, because SM trailers always came out on Tuesday’s. But I honestly think they may wait until Tuesday before giving us any new trailer, and then lumping the Rocket reveal in with the Mimikyu Z-Move trailer that is inevitably coming out next Tuesday (Halloween, they would be stupid not to utilize that day as the reveal day for Minkyu’s Z-Move).