• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Ohmori did say on his tweet that it's some major news.

A lot of times in their interviews they said that they cannot disclose info on new features YET. And this upcoming news will probably shed a light on these.

We know that the game will have a huge post-game.
We know of the possibility of two more UBs.
We know that there's a new facility on the Festival Plaza.
We know that there is a feature that is similar to gyms.
We know that Team Rocket returns.

We don't know if there will be indeed no Alolan Forms.
We don't know if Rainbow Rocket, as the rumor claims, is real.

Bet we can fiinally get some information on these things next Thursday. I want to know more about these games.

kemal07

Ohmori did say on his tweet that it's some major news.

A lot of times in their interviews they said that they cannot disclose info on new features YET. And this upcoming news will probably shed a light on these.

We know that the game will have a huge post-game.
We know of the possibility of two more UBs.
We know that there's a new facility on the Festival Plaza.
We know that there is a feature that is similar to gyms.
We know that Team Rocket returns.

We don't know if there will be indeed no Alolan Forms.
We don't know if Rainbow Rocket, as the rumor claims, is real.

Since is the final main Pokemon game on the 3DS. That special gym facility just made me think. I wonder if it is a gym which changes into all the gyms of every region daily or some sort giving us a chance to encounter all the Gym Leaders from the past regions ? Sort of like a good bye 3DS celebration. Similar to how they included all Gymleaders for the PWT as B2W2 was the last main game on the normal DS

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Yeah. They need to start explaining things people will get tired and not buy it.

Thankyou both for posting this. I agree with every word.
I hope they release a decent amount of information, and not regarding Z-moves pl0x

Ultra Beast Lover

Interesting, according to these screenshots Nebby cries at the player when Lillie tells it to get in the bag. My memory might be a bit foggy but I'm pretty sure Nebby only cries at Lillie, she pouts, Nebby laughs then gets into the bag. And I don't recall ever having a closeup of Nebby in that area with the grass and a rock wall.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Since is the final main Pokemon game on the 3DS. That special gym facility just made me think. I wonder if it is a gym which changes into all the gyms of every region daily or some sort giving us a chance to encounter all the Gym Leaders from the past regions ? Sort of like a good bye 3DS celebration. Similar to how they included all Gymleaders for the PWT as B2W2 was the last main game on the normal DS

Knowing GameFreak, we'll only get to battle the Kanto leaders. ;(

Thure

Interesting, according to these screenshots Nebby cries at the player when Lillie tells it to get in the bag. My memory might be a bit foggy but I'm pretty sure Nebby only cries at Lillie, she pouts, Nebby laughs then gets into the bag. And I don't recall ever having a closeup of Nebby in that area with the grass and a rock wall.

Also: Did we ever see Nebby on an intact bridge?

Knowing GameFreak, we'll only get to battle the Kanto leaders. ;(

Yes. Because that is what they did in BW2 too... oh wait. They don't.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

B2W2 had the benefit of being able to draw sprites from Gen 4 and 5, meaning the only ones they had to make from scratch were the Gen 3 bunch. USUM won't have that luxury as the only Gym Leaders that are done with 3D models are Gen 3 and 6, and even then it's arguable since they only had chibi models. Unless GF is willing to go the extra mile to make 32+ models for all of the Gym Leaders for one mode it's entirely possible they only do a certain number of them, and it's entirely possible they may decide a certain group should take precedence.

Last edited:

kemal07

B2W2 had the benefit of being able to draw sprites from Gen 4 and 5, meaning the only ones they had to make from scratch were the Gen 3 bunch. USUM won't have that luxury as the only Gym Leaders that are done with 3D models are Gen 3 and 6, and even then it's arguable since they only had chibi models. Unless GF is willing to go the extra mile to make 32+ models for all of the Gym Leaders for one mode it's entirely possible they only do a certain number of them, and it's entirely possible they may decide a certain group should take precedence.

It depends as I’m sure only one person doesn’t work on models. I mean one model designer can work 8 gym leaders of a region while the others also work on their own Set of gym leaders

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
It depends as I’m sure only one person doesn’t work on models. I mean one model designer can work 8 gym leaders of a region while the others also work on their own Set of gym leaders

Theoretically yes, but it also depends on if they even think the endeavor is worthwhile. We already saw what they did with ORAS' Battle Frontier and even B2W2 cut a corner with the Elite Four despite only needing to make two of Kanto's and all of Hoenn's, so if they don't think making all of the Gym Leaders is worth it for the mode they're making they can easily just decide to handpick a few like they did for the Battle Tree and leave it at that.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

I was talking about all the forced Kanto nostalgia they've been putting in the games lately. Other regions need their chance to shine.

.Aerodactyl.

I think part of the "Kanto" pandering has to do with marketability. I mean, inside the games themselves there's all kinds of references to every generation before for fans. When you meet Burnet, it's practically a love letter to gen 4, just as an example. In a lot of the trailers though, most people are only really familiar with Kanto. Even those people who picked up Pokémon Go, a lot dropped off before Johto Mon were added.

I totally understand people like us looking at Alolan forms, Samson Oak and "This just in, catch MEWTWO" and rolling our eyes a bit. But here's the thing, most people know about those Pokémon and people.

We know there are going to be other legendaries captureable...but I'd hazard a guess that more people are familiar with Mewtwo than Giratina, or Darkrai, or Keldo, or what have you (not saying those Pokémon are guaranteed to be in USUM. They're just examples). Heck, my parents have never picked up a Pokémon game, but they know who Mewtwo is. My friends, who are my age and grew up with Pokémon, know who Mewtwo is. They don't have the faintest idea about Palkia though, unless they're already a Pokémon fan like me. They know Oak. They don't know Kukui, or Juniper. They know Meowth, they don't know Girafarig.

It's why Pokémon like Charizard got two Megas. It can be annoying, but it's kind of a fact and smart business decision to market what people know.

Ultra Beast Lover

I don't mind it too much I mean there's a lot of Kanto Pokemon I adore I just wish we could be from a region other than Kanto or better yet be from the region we're playing in again. It hasn't been since Unova that we weren't from the region of that generation

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think part of the "Kanto" pandering has to do with marketability. I mean, inside the games themselves there's all kinds of references to every generation before for fans. When you meet Burnet, it's practically a love letter to gen 4, just as an example. In a lot of the trailers though, most people are only really familiar with Kanto. Even those people who picked up Pokémon Go, a lot dropped off before Johto Mon were added.

I totally understand people like us looking at Alolan forms, Samson Oak and "This just in, catch MEWTWO" and rolling our eyes a bit. But here's the thing, most people know about those Pokémon and people.

We know there are going to be other legendaries captureable...but I'd hazard a guess that more people are familiar with Mewtwo than Giratina, or Darkrai, or Keldo, or what have you (not saying those Pokémon are guaranteed to be in USUM. They're just examples). Heck, my parents have never picked up a Pokémon game, but they know who Mewtwo is. My friends, who are my age and grew up with Pokémon, know who Mewtwo is. They don't have the faintest idea about Palkia though, unless they're already a Pokémon fan like me. They know Oak. They don't know Kukui, or Juniper. They know Meowth, they don't know Girafarig.

It's why Pokémon like Charizard got two Megas. It can be annoying, but it's kind of a fact and smart business decision to market what people know.

Burnet was from Generation 5. She was from the Pokemon Dream Radar, a 3DS app that was the only way to get the Kami Trio's Therian formes in Gen 5.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I wouldn't consider Burnet a love letter at all. Most BW players don't even know who she is or forgot she existed, a lot of people thought she was a new character... myself included as I hadn't touched Dream Radar after getting the Therian forms way back in 2012.

And I wouldn't be surprised if we can catch Landorus in Ultra Sun/Moon, but it'll probably be another ORAS situation where you need to obtain the other cloud from the other version and have both in your party in order to unlock the Ultra Space part with Landorus in it.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Yes, I know, but in the lab when you first meet her, it's full of gen 4 references and gen 4 Pokémon

Except that you're ignoring why they were referenced.

It's a lab designed to research alternate dimensions and those Pokemon are specifically ones heavily associated with alternate dimensions.

Orphalesion

I wouldn't consider Burnet a love letter at all. Most BW players don't even know who she is or forgot she existed, a lot of people thought she was a new character... myself included as I hadn't touched Dream Radar after getting the Therian forms way back in 2012.

Wait what? Brunet appeared before S/M?