• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

future.newyorker

But restrict it to people who watched the movie... is strange. Especially since in this case it can't even be traded... and the people with another Hat Pikachu get nothing for USUM... even if they trade the hat Pikachu with Bank. But we will see. If they say 'Hat Pikachu get's an event in USUM' it sounds very much like Pikashunium Z for me.

I don’t believe the I Choose You Cap Pikachu comes with Pikashunium Z.

Aetius

But the above description was written on the Z-Moves section. It could be hinting to a Necrozma Z-Move rather than a forme.

Even though two signatures Z-moves had already been mentioned in the very same text?
I doubt it honestly.
I think a third form is more than likely at this point.
But of course, nothing is confirmed until announced.

So the news is definitely involving the Rocket people from the promotional thing Serebii tweeted out.

Something I spotted is that the male grunt is doing that thing where he makes himself into an R shape, but the female isn't. Don't know if that's relevant but I wanted to point that out.

I just noticed that even their new R logo is rainbow colored.

I wonder what Giovanni will look like.

I will laugh so hard if he's in a rainbow suit.

Tbh he'll probably just have the RR logo on his suit.

Akashin

So the news is definitely involving the Rocket people from the promotional thing Serebii tweeted out.

Something I spotted is that the male grunt is doing that thing where he makes himself into an R shape, but the female isn't. Don't know if that's relevant but I wanted to point that out.

They're basically the same poses the male and female grunt sprites had in HGSS. I can't imagine why it'd matter any more now than it did then.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I just noticed that even their new R logo is rainbow colored.

I wonder what Giovanni will look like.

In his swimming trunks...

0342434d35729b65ebe8c33a8dc0208b.gif

In all seriousness though, still probably wearing his black coat from HGSS.

Tuoko

But restrict it to people who watched the movie... is strange. Especially since in this case it can't even be traded... and the people with another Hat Pikachu get nothing for USUM... even if they trade the hat Pikachu with Bank. But we will see. If they say 'Hat Pikachu get's an event in USUM' it sounds very much like Pikashunium Z for me.

It wouldn't be restricted to people who watch the movie, though? It's from a QR code, so it'll be like Magearna. Someone would just have to post it online.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It wouldn't be restricted to people who watch the movie, though? It's from a QR code, so it'll be like Magearna. Someone would just have to post it online.

I thought I heard that the Pikachu QR code was a one time use item.

Thure

There are different kind of QR codes. Some are one time uses and some are unlimited.

kemal07

I wonder if the executives (Proton, Petrel, Ariana and Archer) will be in these games along with the grunts and Giovanni.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I wonder if the executives (Proton, Petrel, Ariana and Archer) will be in these games along with the grunts and Giovanni.

It would be fun to see them back but I think we will see new characters in the organization barring maybe Giovanni.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

It'd be nice to see those guys again. Assuming they don't pull an ORAS and give them completely new designs, in that case I'd rather they bring in new admins/executives

I dunno about those guys personally. If the "leak" of other old teams returning is true then I could see them come only because they were essentially Rocket NEO in Johto, but other than that they'd either not show up or all the old admins of old teams would be there too. Idk, I don't mind if they show up or not, I'm neutral on all of them really.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
It'd be nice to see those guys again. Assuming they don't pull an ORAS and give them completely new designs, in that case I'd rather they bring in new admins/executives

I don't see them getting redesigns. The Executives debuted in HGSS, so their designs match the current art styles for the games. So they should be more-or-less the same. Maybe they'd have different outfits like Colress, Sina, or Dexio. Especially if this really is Rainbow Rocket we're dealing with. That still sounds weird to say, by the way.

Orphalesion

That still sounds weird to say, by the way.

Yeah it seems like one of those things that might work in Japanese, due to it being a foreign language word, but in the west where rainbows have all these associations with unicorns and leprechauns and dreams and niceness and ponies....yeah.... not very threatening.

Though their signature Pokemon could be a Grass/Fairy variation of Rapidash....

Last edited:

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
I dunno about those guys personally. If the "leak" of other old teams returning is true then I could see them come only because they were essentially Rocket NEO in Johto, but other than that they'd either not show up or all the old admins of old teams would be there too. Idk, I don't mind if they show up or not, I'm neutral on all of them really.
It could be incredibly fun to see the return of so many groups above and beyond Team Rocket. Will be interested to see what comes of those stories. I wonder if they'll progress them or just have them be cameos afterall.