• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
How are you going to spend that many FC in such a short time?
By purchasing one of my VIP's Big Dreams 5-star over and over and over again, farming PP Maxes. Each purchase of a 5 star costs 1,500 FC (assuming you don't have that specific facility already). And that 1,500 does count towards the goal.

Though I'm not sure it matters anymore. I just found out the most I can contribute to the goal is 9,999. Oh well. Still going to do what I'm doing. Gotta use my coins on something. ^^

Sephiroth_Strife

Anyone have an idea what the odds are that Sun/Ultra Sun will get Groudon in the August legendary distribution over Kyogre? I've got a Kyogre in my AS game and I'm not feelin' grinding to fight Red in SS just to capture Groudon and transfer all the way up through the Bank.

Since Groudon is apparently available in Ultra Sun (which I don't have), I have a hunch Sun players are getting Kyogre. If that's the case, anyone with a Groudon/Moon/Ultra Moon interested in setting up a swap in a couple months?! Obvs we can set this up in PMs or something instead of here.

te0001lm

Based on the previous releases, I will say "almost certainly no" that Groudon will go to S/US and Kyogre to M/UM. Also as you said because they can already be caught in those games (Groudon in S/US and Kyogre in M/UM). =)

Sephiroth_Strife

Based on the previous releases, I will say "almost certainly no" that Groudon will go to S/US and Kyogre to M/UM. Also as you said because they can already be caught in those games (Groudon in S/US and Kyogre in M/UM). =)
Groudon and Kyogre are only in the Ultra versions though, right? Looking at the SM dex on the main Serebii site it doesn't indicate that they can be caught in standard Sun and Moon, which sucks a little bit because convenience.

But I have enough legendaries from older games that trading for a Groudon is much more preferable than grinding to beat Red, catch my own, and do the transfer dance

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Since Music thread is deep buried,

Apparently parts of Ten Carat Hill are taken from Elite 4 Encounter theme from DPPt. I wonder what other parts taken from older songs in soundtrack.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
You know, I just don't get what they did with the E4 in these games...

Nanu refusing Kukui's invitation kind of makes sense considering what his characterization but the rest it's just weird:

- It just doesn't make sense that Molayne - a trainer we meet on Ula'ula and actually can assume it's from there - replaced Hala. It would make a lot more sense for him to replace Acerola. And speaking of which...

- Hapu not being E4 doesn't make sense. I mean, one could say because she's too young but... What about Acerola? And even if Acerola is older, Hapu has a higher rank so... What's the point? Unless they wanted Acerola for the "moe" factor.

- The flying trainer whose name I forgot wasn't properly set up to be an acceptable replacement. A few more scenes on USUM didn't help much...

- Why did you lose Hala as an E4 member? I'll repeat: you keep Acerola but ditch the old man. Gee...