1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Wulava, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wulava

Wulava UltraSun / UltraMoon Staff Member Moderator

Discuss the new gameplay features, changes and battle mechanics introduced in Pokemon X & Y here.

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. One-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered spam and will be deleted.

If you wish to exchange 3DS Friend Codes, please use our Official 3DS Friend Code Exchange Thread.

2. Hasty

Hasty Moonside

Wow that sounds cool.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  3. pokeaussie37

pokeaussie37 Well-Known Member

Does anyone think Game Freak missed a trick with Inverse Battles? I'd have really liked to see a Psychic type move do that, a la Magic Room, Trick Room and Wonder Room!

4. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

Then they wouldn't be able to have a whole Battle style based around it.

5. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

I am surprised that GameFreak is still doing ability retcons even after the Mega Evolutions. I mean, obviously the ones that get new abilities won't get Mega Evolutions, but still this is very nice. I hope the amount is at least only 10 or so less than 89 something retcons D/P did.

Also, Ice-type is now a great type. I am amused.

6. Hasty

Hasty Moonside

That's a cool idea... But how will it work with immunities? Will they just stay as immunities in Inverse Battles?

Haha, yes, it's the Steel type of Wonderland.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  7. Ej190

Ej190 Active Member

So i guess in inverse battles pokemon with 4x resistance become 4x weak and vice versa? Did i get that right? Cuz if thats true then tyranatar and abomasnow r great mons here. Who is becomes good?

8. Psyduck Ranger

Psyduck Ranger Celebi's Guardian

Ice might become a great defensive type, but offensively it'll suck - every Dragon/Flying and Dragon/Ground will quad resist it! Mind you, Dragon gains weaknesses to grass, water, fire, electric...

WHOA Steel will SUCK defensively...that...wow...I mean, I guess it'll have great defensive stats still, but weak to almost everything...

But that does sound really cool, an entirely different way to play...I don't remember resistances nearly as well as I remember weaknesses. Also curious about immunities. Do they become OHKO? :p

9. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Joe's discovery thread mentions Move Tutor, shouldn't it be Move Relearner? Or do we actually have a Move Tutor in the first set of games for the first time ever?

10. Wulava

Wulava UltraSun / UltraMoon Staff Member Moderator

The VS Seeker is in the game!
    Although it's found post-game...

EDIT: It was actually the VS Recorder. Meh.

11. pikadon92

pikadon92 Beware of it's tail!

Would that explain the last gym leader using ice Pokemon? He might use this new battle to gain advantage.

12. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Serebii stated that you only encounter this battle with a single Psychic NPC. Gym Leaders go by the standard rules.

13. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

False alarm! It was the VS Recorder.

14. MasterofArcanine

MasterofArcanine Pokecollection Maste

ah rats. The VS Recorder.

15. saldu

saldu Well-Known Member

Just got my game.
    Disappointingly, you can only select the language of the game once, and need to completely restart if you want to change the language.

16. iKarlCPFC

iKarlCPFC Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the right place to discuss.

Is this the first Pokémon game that we could see DLC experimented with?

17. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

No paid DLC will be made, and no rebalancing will be made either. Masuda confirmed all of these. It is likely that we won't see any additional region patches as they decided to not have a key system because they believed that they have managed to balance the game well. Besides those, we have no clue what they will do aside from events.

18. iKarlCPFC

iKarlCPFC Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I didn't really think DLC is the Pokémon way.

I hope they balance out the special events as well. Japan/America get much more than Europe.

19. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

Potentially, however it's already been confirmed that there wont be any game-changing DLC. Masuda has said as much.

20. Hasty

Hasty Moonside

Do we know if there will be Pokemon that aren't catchable in XY (missing Pokemon in the regional Dex, maybe even starters and legendaries) which will appear in the Friend Safari?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.