• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

venetrix

Kaiju trainer
Have they changed the weather mechanics this gen? I've noticed my Charizard Y's Drought doesn't create permanent sunshine, instead running out after a few turns like Sunny Day. Is this unique to Mega Evolutions, or is it a more general change with weather-inducing abilities?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Have they changed the weather mechanics this gen? I've noticed my Charizard Y's Drought doesn't create permanent sunshine, instead running out after a few turns like Sunny Day. Is this unique to Mega Evolutions, or is it a more general change with weather-inducing abilities?

That's a change to weather abilities in general. It's not just a thing with Mega Evolutions. Nice to see them nerfing weather, especially rain.

Hidden Power

So much for the awesome sun team I was planning :p

It's still a viable strategy. You might have to switch a couple of times more against non-weather teams to keep the weather up, whereas against other weather teams frequent switching is the norm anyway.

Oiisnguy

I don't know if this has been mentioned but if you don't evolve a Pokemon at the level it is supposed to evolve, it seems to gain boosted EXP (at a rate of roughly 1.25-1.3) until it eventually evolves. Tried this early game with both Weedle and Caterpie.

BlackWhiteMonta

Vivillon Collector
I don't know if this has been mentioned but if you don't evolve a Pokemon at the level it is supposed to evolve, it seems to gain boosted EXP (at a rate of roughly 1.25-1.3) until it eventually evolves. Tried this early game with both Weedle and Caterpie.

Does that include Pokemon that can evolve at any time, like Pokemon who evolve via element stones?

My Pikachu has been gaining boosted EXP for a while now, although I merely attributed that to all the time I've spent with in in Pokemon-amie.

IMACHARIZARDGUY

Pokemon Master
where is the exp share given in Pokemon X?

PsychicsRox

Do wild pikachu still carry light balls?

I've been catching them for a while and I haven't gotten it...(Yes I know it's a low rate of appearance...but I haven't seen an oran berry either. and that's 50%.)

Yes they have light balls, i got lucky and got a light ball on my first one

soccerstar19

<--- Best Rival Ever
Does anyone have any idea what the storage device item that Joe found could have to do with? Maybe the wii u game?

Kenta master

Marsh Trainer
Hey there guys, can u tell me if there 's a map of lumiose city with stores, boutiques, centres,street names, etc...? I cannot understand the city XD, will Serebii make a map of the city?

Blazios

For those who care about Ribbons, Bonnie gives your lead Pokémon the Best Friends Ribbon in Lumiose Gym if it has max Affection (I assume it's max Affection, since she references Poké Puffs when giving the Ribbon).

naudna

Hey there guys, can u tell me if there 's a map of lumiose city with stores, boutiques, centres,street names, etc...? I cannot understand the city XD, will Serebii make a map of the city?

it's confusing, but at least you can take the cab to go to any part of the city instantly, albeit at a cost. Alexa also teleports you to any street instantly. I found it easier when I looked at it as 3 different parts- the north, south and centre circle.

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
Pardon my asking but is there any additional information on item drops from using moves like earthquake in battle? I'm only asking because I keep getting mental/white herbs from razor leaf/leaf blizzard and damp rocks from using the move surf.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
looker makes an appearance in the after game

HhVFL2z.png

pink

Pink Trainer
Hello guys, a quick question, anyone knows at what level Floette learns another fairy move?... mine's already lvl 40 and it only has learnt Fairy Wind :(

Bluemage21

why o why did they change drizzle and drought to only 5 turns :(

Because infinite Weather was OP in 4th and 5th gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.