• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakurai

I'm getting the impression that they've either tweaked the base stats of certain Pokemon or IVs have changed in some way, as my Manectric presently has 78 in both of its defenses at level 50 which even with a max IV, would be impossible in the previous games. I've invested all of my EVs in special attack and speed, so that can't be a cause, either.

Also, it appears that you can now relearn a Pokemon's egg moves with the move relearner, as my Manectric had all of the moves (One of them Electro Ball) that it knew when it was born listed before the ones that are exclusive to the move relearner.

Last edited:

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I'm getting the impression that they've either tweaked the base stats of certain Pokemon or IVs have changed in some way, as my Manectric presently has 78 in both of its defenses at level 50 which even with a max IV, would be impossible in the previous games. I've invested all of my EVs in special attack and speed, so that can't be a cause, either.

Also, it appears that you can now relearn a Pokemon's egg moves with the move relearner, as my Manectric had all of the moves (One of them Electro Ball) that it knew when it was born listed before the ones that are exclusive to the move relearner.

You could relearn egg moves in Gen 4 and 5 so how is that any different?

Rakurai

You could relearn egg moves in Gen 4 and 5 so how is that any different?

That was never the case.

You could only relearn moves that were actually on the Pokemon's level-up moveset, along with some oddities that can't be learned otherwise or moves that can alternatively be obtained as egg moves (IE, Fire Fang for Manectric).

Until now, you haven't been able to relearn a move that's exclusively obtainable as an egg move (Electro Ball in the case of my Manectric).

Last edited:

Knightmarish

Made an account just to ask this:

I leveled up a Roselia and eventually used a Shiny Stone to evolve it into Roserade. I dropped a couple moves I didn't want, but now I want to learn again (i.e. things like Sleep Powder or Giga Drain). I went to the Move Reminder and they weren't available to learn. Can I not relearn them?

Thanks.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Made an account just to ask this:

I leveled up a Roselia and eventually used a Shiny Stone to evolve it into Roserade. I dropped a couple moves I didn't want, but now I want to learn again (i.e. things like Sleep Powder or Giga Drain). I went to the Move Reminder and they weren't available to learn. Can I not relearn them?

Thanks.

Roserade is Stone-evolver, and is one of the ones that can't access level-up moves after evolving. I'm afraid you're f*cked.

tamayo

KARP KARP KARP
So, does anyone know what the benefits of tipping are? It comes up when you take a picture or talk to certain people. I was wondering if there was some sort of Karmic twist I should need to know about.

Atlanta-hammy

Hey I found A Normal gem in Terminus Cave while smashing rocks. Looks like the gems are back and likely a new fairy one as well.

Kelde0

Ghost Leader
I was battling in victory road and my greninja used surf and the rock pillar in the background fell and broke. After the battle it said that I had found a damp rock. It was against brawn and brains Hugo and arman. I know serebii reported this on the site about berries but I thought I would add my findings. It seems like this occurs when you are in a battle against more than one pokemon and you use a move that can hit multiple targets.

Knightmarish

Roserade is Stone-evolver, and is one of the ones that can't access level-up moves after evolving. I'm afraid you're f*cked.

Well....damn. She's like upper 60's too with max base stats from Super Training. Guess I should catch another one ):. It knows okay moves, but not a fan of Synthesis after getting it :/

cwertle

Don't Blink!
So, does anyone know what the benefits of tipping are? It comes up when you take a picture or talk to certain people. I was wondering if there was some sort of Karmic twist I should need to know about.

Wondering the same myself. :/

Copie

Nothing Special
Can anyone answer for me whether or not the Sun Stone is purchasable, and if so, where? I can't imagine there only being two in the game, however, if that is the case then I can't go using them on a whim.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Can anyone answer for me whether or not the Sun Stone is purchasable, and if so, where? I can't imagine there only being two in the game, however, if that is the case then I can't go using them on a whim.

You can get all th Evolution stones from the Secret Super Training regimens.

Kelde0

Ghost Leader

Try the stone emporium in lumiose city (stock changes daily I think). Also, on pokemon amie, when not playing with pokes and you have the screen on the bottom, friends pokes may come visit yours and one of them just left me a gift containing a pokepuff

saldu

Not purchasable, but you can get it from Super Training.

If playing hundreds of japanese (role playing) games since I play video games taught me anything, then it is that the chance is completely equal for it doing nothing at all, and it being very beneficial.

Try the stone emporium in lumiose city (stock changes daily I think). Also, on pokemon amie, when not playing with pokes and you have the screen on the bottom, friends pokes may come visit yours and one of them just left me a gift containing a pokepuff

You sure? I've checked on 4 days and it always had Leaf+Water+Fire.
Then again, they do have 'em all in their showroom...

Pilpulp

美的

Someone on here had the idea that it might relate to the chance of encountering a shiny pokemon. This could be plausible as more people are finding shinys in these games, however it's likely this is not the case.

Does anyone know yet what the chance of encountering a shiny is? Could it be affected by tipping? If tipping doesn't affect the shiny rate, what does it do? Does it just make the game more realistic?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Someone on here had the idea that it might relate to the chance of encountering a shiny pokemon. This could be plausible as more people are finding shinys in these games, however it's likely this is not the case.

Does anyone know yet what the chance of encountering a shiny is? Could it be affected by tipping? If tipping doesn't affect the shiny rate, what does it do? Does it just make the game more realistic?

At this point we have no evidence to suggest the shiny rate has changed, or is affected by tipping.

Kelde0

Ghost Leader
You sure? I've checked on 4 days and it always had Leaf+Water+Fire.
Then again, they do have 'em all in their showroom...

It may also be a shop where buying increases stock

Just visited my shop and the same stones available as yours. I bought some so I will see how it goes. Also, I spoke to a man in the corner with his family and he offered be a venasaurite for 500,000. I chose friskier and squirtle, so that may decide what he sells. I am too poor to buy it though

Last edited:

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
Pardon my asking but is there any additional information on item drops from using moves like earthquake in battle? I'm only asking because I keep getting mental/white herbs from razor leaf/leaf blizzard.

I first noticed it on route 6 but it only occurs in the tall grass. I'm not sure what the background item (berry tree etc) that causes these items to drop sadly.

Kelde0

Ghost Leader
I first noticed it on route 6 but it only occurs in the tall grass. I'm not sure what the background item (berry tree etc) that causes these items to drop sadly.

I had a damp rock drop in a cave in a trainer double battle.

Matthyew

can anyone confirm if that capsule that changes abilities changes pokes abilities to their dream world abilities im only at 57 bp

Status
Not open for further replies.