• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakurai

I feel somewhat reluctant to raise any IV'd/EV'd Pokemon when we have no clue about what their potential new egg moves are. Would be rather disheartening to raise a whole team, then discover many of them are missing an extremely good move.

So far, the only new egg move I've found in my efforts to see if Electrike can get Electrify is Eerie Impulse for Mareep, which is kind of useless.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I agree with the IV breeding part, but EVs are still resetable, so I say go with what works now and tweak whenever possible later.

saldu

Do I have really bad RNG luck or did they change No Guard so that moves with secondary effects have an extremely high chance to get their secondary effect?
My Duoblade got confused on 7 Water Pulses in a row, followed by 3 Icebeam freezes.

BlackAngel

Eevee Enthusiast
Has anyone confirmed that you can catch Pokemon with their DW ability in a normal battle? Or is it exclusive to horde encounters and the Friend Safari?

Sceprile

Reptiler
Three questions about shinies.

Does shinies appear more likely in Hordes?

Does shinies appear more likely in Friend Safari?

and

Does tipping increase chance to find a shiny?

Hilda

Is it me or were the gym leaders and the league very very very easy? Even though I was around 10 levels under-leveled at the league I still beat them comfortably with only 2 revives and 3 max potions.

Mario C

I feel somewhat reluctant to raise any IV'd/EV'd Pokemon when we have no clue about what their potential new egg moves are. Would be rather disheartening to raise a whole team, then discover many of them are missing an extremely good move.

So far, the only new egg move I've found in my efforts to see if Electrike can get Electrify is Eerie Impulse for Mareep, which is kind of useless.

I did find out last night that when I bred male Gyrados w/ female Tyrunt, Tyrunt gets Dragon Dance as an egg move. The hard part is getting a female Tyrunt in the first place I guess. Got lucky on that one.

Madcap

Part-Time Breeder
I absolutely -love- the destiny knot breeding change. A 31 IV SpA/SDef/Def ditto and a 31 IV HP/Speed Frogadier, 3 of the first 6 eggs had 4 maxed IVs, and one was the right abilty and a good nature. Cuts about half a week off my breeding time. Another half cut thanks to the friend safari maxed IVs to start with.

apc6254

evolution of sliggo

Okay so we all know tht sliggo evolves at lvl 50 in rain but does tht also count rain dance during battle or does it have to be raining by default at the beginning of the fight or on the field. and if so wat routes are raining (and wat times of the day if tht is the case)
Cause ive searched all over kalos and have only found one route tht rains and I have visited it every day and its not raining. Any idea on a way to get this pseudo evolved?

naudna

Sliggoo cannot be evolved via rain dance. 'Natural' rain seems to be a random event in this game. So far, the places I've seen rain are Laverre, Kiloude, and routes 9, 14, 19. According to previous posts, rain has also been spotted at routes 8, 16, and cyllage.

To unlock the third pokemon, your friend has to be online when you are.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Has anyone figured out the way to unlock the 3rd pokemon in the friend safari?

Your friend needs to beat the Elite 4, and then you have to both be online for it to update with that 3rd Pokemon.

Sliggo cannot be evolved via rain dance. So far, the places I've seen rain are Laverre, Kiloude, and routes 9, 14, 19. To unlock the third pokemon, your friend has to be online when you are.

Add Ambrette Town and Routes 8 and 21 to that list. I've seen rain there as well.

greninjamaster

Don't they have to have beaten the elite 4 in order to get the pass to kiloude city? I'm trying to get it and I know some of my friends have beaten the elite 4 and they are online right now but only 2 pokemon are showing. Maybe it's a glitch?

shadowF

This is probably a stupid question but how many pokemon are you limited to use against another person in online battles?

Status
Not open for further replies.