• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Biz

Anyone have the game and know where the Fishing Rod is? Don't want to think I've missed it, after catching a Magikarp :)

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Is day and night not a thing anymore? usually it follows my time, but it's as bright as anything ingame

00203.png

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So that 200 battle point item that changes your pokemons ability- is it a single use or permenent item, and can it give my serperior it's hidden ability contrary? I just want to destroy pokes with my favorite snake.

No one knows yet whether it's single use or infinite, but it dies not switch to Hidden Abilities.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Something I'm happy about is how attacks are all now spelled correctly.

It's finally called Feint Attack!

really? that's cool I hope spacial rend finally gets corrected too, to spatial rend.
you guys think pokemon names will be retconned too? like victreebell and feralitgator?

Bundalings

Sassy Breeder
really? that's cool I hope spacial rend finally gets corrected too, to spatial rend.
you guys think pokemon names will be retconned too? like victreebell and feralitgator?

Spacial is a legitimate alternate spelling of Spatial. Faint Attack meant something completely different, though, so I'm glad they fixed it.

Rakurai

They finally had the sense to boost Rock Romb's power to 60 and accuracy to 95, making it a somewhat usable move now.

Fury Cutter also had its BP doubled, making it more practical to use.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Spacial is a legitimate alternate spelling of Spatial. Faint Attack meant something completely different, though, so I'm glad they fixed it.

well that's true but I guess :p

and hydrohs, what makes you say that? not that I'm actually expecting pokemon name changes. it's just in a way, it's like why not?

I'm going to sound stupid if I missed it without realizing but it looks like there's no new gadget ala pokegear/pokenav/poketch/x-transceiver

I almost wanna include c-gear in that list but that's something else and it's been replaced by pss

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
and hydrohs, what makes you say that? not that I'm actually expecting pokemon name changes. it's just in a way, it's like why not?

That would be a pretty major change, don't you think? Even just adding a letter. It's the Pokemon's name, it's what it's been identified as forever. Moves are different, they don't matter as much.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
That would be a pretty major change, don't you think? Even just adding a letter. It's the Pokemon's name, it's what it's been identified as forever. Moves are different, they don't matter as much.

well idk I just saw it as a name. i see move name changes as equal to pokemon name changes (as long as it's essentially the same name just different "corrected" spelling)
it's not like you're changing the design of the pokemon after 15 years, get me? but I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen because your reasoning makes enough sense too. I just personally don't see it as a big deal.

Blazios

Fury Cutter also had its BP doubled, making it more practical to use.

It's actually Honedge's best move to use when you first catch it, thanks to No Guard.

Has anyone else mentioned that TM96 is Nature Power? Because it is Nature Power.

Rakurai

I don't understand the nerfs to special attacks. I do hope they nerfed things like Close Combat and Flare Blitz as well, because players will just focus on using physical attackers even more otherwise.

They're already more prevalent then special attackers, in part because their stat boosting moves have a much higher distribution then their special equivalents.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't understand the nerfs to special attacks.

I do hope they nerfed things like Close Combat and Flare Blitz as well, because players will just focus on using physical attackers even more otherwise.

I actually wondered about that as well, we've had all these moves unchanged since Gen I, so why now?

Status
Not open for further replies.