• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
Wait so Nature Power is a TM? That's pretty awesome! If you have access to it, definitely use it over Earthquake due to higher PP. (Wi-Fi only)

I actually wondered about that as well, we've had all these moves unchanged since Gen I, so why now?

Blizzard had 90% Accuracy and Fire Blast had 30% Burn chance in Gen 1. Thunder is unchanged iirc until now.

Also for those that want Feraligatr to be called Feraligator, the character limit is increased so just nicknamed them that. XD

Last edited:

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
so happy about HP having a set base power shame it wasn't 70 but I can live with 60 :D

loving everything ive seen so far cant wait to use Lapras to surf on :p

Bluemage21

I actually wondered about that as well, we've had all these moves unchanged since Gen I, so why now?

Actually, they have been changed at least some since the first gen. Blizzard originally had 90 acc in RBY for example. Actually, this gen is reminding me of second gen a lot, just like 5th was supposed to remind of first gen

low amount of pokemon
new type
tpe changes for old pokemon
a nerf to a OP type
changes to many old moves
and it seems like it is going to be a more defensive metagame, just like the second gen metagame was.

Blazios

Wait so Nature Power is a TM? That's pretty awesome! If you have access to it, definitely use it over Earthquake due to higher PP. (Wi-Fi only)

Yeah, Skiddo, Flabébé, Bunnelby, Pikachu, Budew, Gulpin and the Elemental monkeys are what I have that can learn it so far.

(Watch it be nerfed back to Swift in link battles like it was in Gen III)

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
I wonder if they increased the powers of weaker moves and nerfed the power of common moves so people would change up their move sets a bit?

LittleEvil

Veteran Trainer
what do we know of power-up punch?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
It's base power has been changed to 60, instead of relying on a Pokemon's IVs.

In some way I find this so much better. I never really bothered with Hidden Power's BP, but now I can at least expect a BP of 60 from opponents.

Last edited:
Reactions: PMG

Bundalings

Sassy Breeder
I really hope when you transfer your Pokemon forward their HP type locks down. I have an awesome Omastar with HP Grass, but without HP Grass it would be pretty terrible.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Hey has anyone heard what is the Item Finder/ Dowsing Machine for this Generation?

ebevan91

Is the Vs. Seeker in the games?

Status
Not open for further replies.