• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
No it is not.

ebevan91

That's a bummer. That is my favorite feature out of all the games. It really helps for training for the E4.

Blazios

Hey has anyone heard what is the Item Finder/ Dowsing Machine for this Generation?

You find it on Route 8, just before the second Gym (Cyllage City). You hold the Dowsing Machine up and the rods shoot beams of light out if there's an item nearby, which turn green and then red and cross if you're close to/next to the items

Also in Cyllage are the Rest and Sleep Talk are still TMs. You get them right next to each other. Seriously, there are two people at a table and you get one of them from each of them.

(Also an in game trade of your Luvdisc for their Steelix if you care about that)

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Cool. thanks. I am glad we get early this time. Is it something you leave on like in gen 5 or something you have to turn on each time you use it.

-Nator-

Like Gen 5, we get no rematches. I guess they're continuing to encourage the use of the Lucky Egg and grinding in the wild.

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
Isn't there that Battle Chateau. I don't think its set level like the Battle Mansion

Rakurai

Well, my entire team has the Pokérus, so that's back, not like anyone thought it wouldn't be.

People would love you if you saved some Pokemon with it to trade, considering that nobody will be able to transfer their Pokerus Pokemon in from B/W for two months.

On a related note, does it boost Super Training EVs, per chance?

Blazios

People would love you if you saved some Pokemon with it to trade, considering that nobody will be able to transfer their Pokerus Pokemon in from B/W for two months.

On a related note, does it boost Super Training EVs, per chance?

From the looks of things, it has no effect on the base stat gains of Super Training.

Also, it seems that Pokémon with at least 2 hearts of Affection in Pokémon Amie start getting boosted experience in battles.

confuser987

During inverse battles, do immunites stay immunites or does it take some level of damage?

Lol, Pure poison types are gonna have it good with poison and grass weakness. But not as much as Ice, as ice will be the only one SE against itself.

I wonder if Inverse Normal will have no weaknesses and one resistance and one immunity.

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
Wow, HP having a base 60 is brilliant for Pokemon that have the technician ability. I like this a lot, i might actually use it for once, because before it was too much hassle.
Having weather abilities limited in duration is good too, does it only last 5 turns? or can it last longer with heat rock items etc?

Also, has there been any word on whether day/night influences the percentage of finding wild Pokemon? It was my favourite feature form G/S/C.

Rakurai

Lowers the special attack and speed of a poisoned Pokemon.

Too situational to be useful.

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
Also, has there been any word on whether day/night influences the percentage of finding wild Pokemon? It was my favourite feature form G/S/C.

I think they confirmed that Day and Night does not influence the rate of finding Pokemon or some Pokemon only appear at Night etc.

Lowers the special attack and speed of a poisoned Pokemon.

Too situational to be useful.
Toxic Spikes!

Blazios

Knock Off has been buffed from 20 power to 65 but has had its PP reduced to 10.

SmellingSalt has been buffed to 70 power and is now called Smelling Salts.

Low Sweep now has 65 power.

Also, Pikachu has a different cry in the status screen than it does in battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.