• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Discuss the new gameplay features, changes and battle mechanics introduced in Pokemon X & Y here.

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. One-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered spam and will be deleted.

If you wish to exchange 3DS Friend Codes, please use our Official 3DS Friend Code Exchange Thread.

Hasty

Moonside
Serebii.net said:
Kecleon has a new ability called Protean that changes the Pokémon's type to the type of the move it just used.
Wow that sounds cool.

Last edited:

pokeaussie37

Does anyone think Game Freak missed a trick with Inverse Battles? I'd have really liked to see a Psychic type move do that, a la Magic Room, Trick Room and Wonder Room!

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I am surprised that GameFreak is still doing ability retcons even after the Mega Evolutions. I mean, obviously the ones that get new abilities won't get Mega Evolutions, but still this is very nice. I hope the amount is at least only 10 or so less than 89 something retcons D/P did.

Also, Ice-type is now a great type. I am amused.

Ej190

So i guess in inverse battles pokemon with 4x resistance become 4x weak and vice versa? Did i get that right? Cuz if thats true then tyranatar and abomasnow r great mons here. Who is becomes good?

Psyduck Ranger

Celebi's Guardian
Ice might become a great defensive type, but offensively it'll suck - every Dragon/Flying and Dragon/Ground will quad resist it! Mind you, Dragon gains weaknesses to grass, water, fire, electric...

WHOA Steel will SUCK defensively...that...wow...I mean, I guess it'll have great defensive stats still, but weak to almost everything...

But that does sound really cool, an entirely different way to play...I don't remember resistances nearly as well as I remember weaknesses. Also curious about immunities. Do they become OHKO? :p

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Joe's discovery thread mentions Move Tutor, shouldn't it be Move Relearner? Or do we actually have a Move Tutor in the first set of games for the first time ever?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The VS Seeker is in the game!
Although it's found post-game...

EDIT: It was actually the VS Recorder. Meh.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
I am surprised that GameFreak is still doing ability retcons even after the Mega Evolutions. I mean, obviously the ones that get new abilities won't get Mega Evolutions, but still this is very nice. I hope the amount is at least only 10 or so less than 89 something retcons D/P did.

Also, Ice-type is now a great type. I am amused.

Would that explain the last gym leader using ice Pokemon? He might use this new battle to gain advantage.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Would that explain the last gym leader using ice Pokemon? He might use this new battle to gain advantage.

Serebii stated that you only encounter this battle with a single Psychic NPC. Gym Leaders go by the standard rules.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
False alarm! It was the VS Recorder.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
ah rats. The VS Recorder.

saldu

Just got my game.
Disappointingly, you can only select the language of the game once, and need to completely restart if you want to change the language.

iKarlCPFC

Not sure if this is the right place to discuss.

Is this the first Pokémon game that we could see DLC experimented with?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Not sure if this is the right place to discuss.

Is this the first Pokémon game that we could see DLC experimented with?

No paid DLC will be made, and no rebalancing will be made either. Masuda confirmed all of these. It is likely that we won't see any additional region patches as they decided to not have a key system because they believed that they have managed to balance the game well. Besides those, we have no clue what they will do aside from events.

iKarlCPFC

No paid DLC will be made, and no rebalancing will be made either. Masuda confirmed all of these. It is likely that we won't see any additional region patches as they decided to not have a key system because they believed that they have managed to balance the game well. Besides those, we have no clue what they will do aside from events.

Fair enough. I didn't really think DLC is the Pokémon way.

I hope they balance out the special events as well. Japan/America get much more than Europe.

Hasty

Moonside
Do we know if there will be Pokemon that aren't catchable in XY (missing Pokemon in the regional Dex, maybe even starters and legendaries) which will appear in the Friend Safari?

Status
Not open for further replies.