• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebevan91

I disabled the EP Share, it makes the game much too easy imo.
My whole team was 8 level above current trainer pokemons within 2 hours of getting it.

Care to elaborate?

According to another thread it's Flare Blitz.

GeoFerocious

Super Effective
I've tried skimming the last few pages and haven't found anything related to this (apologies if it is hidden in there somewhere!).

Any word on how the happiness mechanic works versus affection (ie. Espeon/Umbreon vs. Sylveon). Does nothing really change and - if not - are there still hairdressers, etc., to raise happiness?

Cherrim 8-)

Cherrim Trainer
Long time lurker, first time poster :)

I'm extremely excited about the release of X & Y tomorrow, but would love to know a couple things before starting. Hopefully this is the right place.

Does anyone know how soon you can access the Day Care Center? I originally planned on soft resetting for a Froakie of preferred gender and nature and trading it over to my boyfriends game. After that I would then restart the game and soft reset until I get a Fennekin. It will take a while, then he wanted to do the same with all three starters. e_e

So, I thought it would be easier if we both pick our main choices (Fennekin for myself, Froakie for him and Chespin for his brother), then breed them and trade the eggs.

My only concern is how long it be before the Day Care Center, and/or a pokemon that can breed with the starters (Ditto?).

Keep in mind you get two starters. One at the start of the game as usual, and then the one that is weak to your first starter after you beat the E4. In this way, you can accomplish your goal with only two people. The day care center can be accessed very early, and if you get a female starter you can easily breed very early.

Hidden Power

According to another thread it's Flare Blitz.

Flareon lovers rejoice! Until they realize that it can't back the move up with its base 65 HP -.-

Rakurai

That and it's too slow and fragile to even get it off before it gets KO'd half the time.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
I think the nerf to the 120 moves is a positive change, actually. I mean, why have a jump from 95 to 120 with nothing in between? Having a gradual change in terms of base power and its associated disadvantage (recoil damage, sharp drop in stats, lowered accuracy, confusion inducing etc) provides a greater variety of movepool.

But Thunderbolt, Flamethrower and Ice Beam all had their BP lowered by 5 as well, from 95 to 90. :/

Leyniar

Sooo.... now that a handful of people have the games... do we know if seasons are gone for sure? I'm like dying to know.

Thanks beforehand!

NightFire7

So according to this thread http://archive.foolz.us/vp/thread/14479613/ Aura sphere and dragon pulse get nerfed. Aura sphere now has base 80 power while dragon pulse has base 85 power. Gamefreak stop it. Stop randomly nerfing moves.

Rakurai

Aura Sphere I can understand, but why the heck would they nerf Dragon Pulse?

Nobody used it before, and now people are even less likely to use it.

At this point, I'm expecting that they nerfed Draco Meteor and Outrage, too.

Last edited:

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
So according to this thread http://archive.foolz.us/vp/thread/14479613/ Aura sphere and dragon pulse get nerfed. Aura sphere now has base 80 power while dragon pulse has base 85 power. Gamefreak stop it. Stop randomly nerfing moves.

I wouldn't say that they're random nerfs. They actually seem to be (mostly) well thought out ways to combat the INSANE
power-creep over that last 2 gens. I'd prefer to see attacks lowered then competitive battles become (well... even more so)
races where whoever hits, first wins.

Grey Wind

I'm really wondering why they bothered nerfing all of these (special) moves. It's not like any of them were anywhere close to being overpowered (well, Aura Sphere is pretty powerful for a no-miss move, but still, only a couple of 'mons even learn it). It's really strange.

Rakurai

Thing is, we haven't seen any evidence of physical attacks being nerfed so far. They also specifically they were looking at the special moves in particular for balancing.

Why, I'll never know, because there are far, far more deadly physical attackers then special attackers.

Bundalings

Sassy Breeder
I'm glad they're reducing the power of these moves, it'll help the game become more defensive. I just hope they nerf physical moves, too.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
There seems to be a lot of people finding Shinies so they may have an increased chance of encounter, but beyond that, nothing.

Sounds good to me. Hope that is true and its just not crazy luck. Always wanted shinies to be a little easier to get. It was such a pain to get them in past generations though it was nice when you got one.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
There seems to be a lot of people finding Shinies so they may have an increased chance of encounter, but beyond that, nothing.

Well, if Poke Radar makes a return, then wouldn't it be safe to assume that chaining can be utilized the same way as in Sinnoh, to get a higher chance of Shiny REs?

Status
Not open for further replies.