• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navarch

That's been known since Emerald. It increases your chance of finding Electric Types.

That's called a Critical Capture. They added that in Black and White. Its also not a guarantee, as I've had many break out.

Found something interesting out just now. I was battling a Golett, and when I defeated it I got a message saying something like "You found a White Herb in the aftermath!" Lo and behold, I got a White Herb after the battle. Is it possible that you have a small chance of finding items after a wild battle?

THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME ABOUT STATIC.

Finding Helioptile just got 1000 times easier.

mike0811

Dont know if this is the correct place for this but I will assume it is but i have pkrs and am looking for offers pm me please =D (have all kanto/kalos starters so dont offer them thanks)

RieselJ315

Please don't encourage people to be parasites.

Don't put Pokemon into Wonder Trade that you wouldn't want to receive yourself*. Very simple rule of human interaction.

*for crappyness/rarity reasons, not because you already have one

Sounds like the Wonder Trade feature is going to go downhill FAST. Why would someone risk a rare pokemon when they will most likely get a crap pokemon in return? Of course it's an honor system style trade, but when there's no repercussions to being crappy, there's no reason the average person would respect it. Most people will avoid the system, including myself.

Grey Wind

Random question: I've noticed that it seems like lots of people are finding shinies. Have the chances of finding a shiny increased or something?
Doubt it. Same thing happened when BW came out, everybody was yelling about it being lowered. It's just that there are tons of people playing and everybody is posting pictures because we don't know what the shinies look like.

Shaomien

Is it just me, or does anyone else find the swooping wild pokemon in Glittering Cave really annoying?

I'm sure you remember how bad things were in caves from some of the previous games?
Zubat and Geodude encounter on every step :/

wow interesting that scyther, gyardaos & combee can have a sky battle but tailow, pidgey & murkrow can't.

I reckon that any flying pokemon that have do not have a flying animation are not eligible for sky battles. I remember a group of Murkrow standing there when they attacked me.

2nickpick

Anyone know where I can get Pikachu's moveset? Wanna evolve him, but not sure if I should yet.

Ryuun12

I was in a horde battle with 4 Seviper and 1 Zangoose and every single Seviper attacked the Zangoose. I think he attacked one of them too, but he obviously didn't last long. I did not get attacked until there was only 2 Seviper left.

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
You can compare the weight of two Pokemon in the Pokedex. When you do so, a cute animation with different bird Pokemon appears. Thought it was nice.

2nickpick

Anyone know what the large beam of light on the ground at the bottom of glittering cave is/does?

Rakurai

I'm really glad they have the Battle Chateau. It's an excellent source of both EXP and money, and I imagine it's probably where the highest leveled trainers in the game are going to hanging out eventually.

Last edited:

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I'm really glad they have the Battle Chateau.

It's an excellent source of both EXP and money, and I imagine it's probably where the highest leveled trainers in the game are going to hanging out eventually.

Is the Battle Chateau the place where Korrina is?
With the Baron titles and stuff?

Because if it is, I love the fact that they are EXP battles, not Battle Tower style.

Rakurai

Male Pokemon can now pass down special abilities.

That certainly is a good change to breeding.

Zech

I'm trying to breed myself a Salamence with 31 attack IVs but I'm having a bit of a problem. I noticed that when the female counterpart of the breeding pokémon is holding an everstone, the pokemon that hatches from the egg has the same nature as the female with 100%, but it turns out that all of the hatched Bagon have only gotten the breeding male's and female's characteristics (likes to run and highly curious), and after having hatched dozens of eggs I have not noticed anything change so I don't think it's a coincidence. Anyone else having a similar problem?

regarding hidden abilities and egg moves; can females still pass down the hidden abilities if say they were from BW/BW2? And what about the egg moves from males? I guess they got a role reversal then. what about egg moves from previous generations, can they be passed down? Like Tropius with Air Cutter?

VIA

<<< Recent Shiny
This is really easy but realy fun. Anyone using the Lucario you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.