• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm constantly at, or slightly above enemy level, making it very enjoyable.
Maybe it's because I catch a lot of pokemon (currently 5 full boxes at 5th gym) and get a lot of exp by that?
Maybe people who outlevel the game by 25 levels use traded pokemon in tandem with the ep share? Or something in the middle? Who knows.

@ bolded part: Yes, I'm quite aware of that. If, at any point, what I said sounded like more than just a suggestion one could try if he or she should find the game too easy, I apologize, for I intended it to be a suggestion.

All I know is at most I was only ever 10 levels above Trainer's Pokemon, and that was the Event Blaziken gaining boosted Exp.

djk80

Does anyone have any new info on breeding IV's ? I can't seem to get specific IV characteristics to transfer down to a specific pokemon. I can do nature fine but the IV's I am having trouble with. Any ideas?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So what attacks don't work in sky battles?

Ground Moves are all I've come across. Gravity as well wont work. Things like that, it pretty much follows common sense. The Pokemon that can participate in Sky Battles do not follow common sense, however. Carnivore.

Last edited:

ebevan91

Ground Moves are all of come across. Gravity as well wont work. Things like that, it pretty much follows common sense. The Pokemon that can participate in Sky Battles do not follow common sense, however. Carnivore.

Well it is based on a Venus flytrap, lol.

But seriously, that doesn't make sense.

Iron Tyrant

Lazy RNGer
It's likely too early to tell, but does anyone know if the shiny rate in this game is higher? I was testing the friend safari just to see what would appear and caught a shiny pansage. I could have just gotten stupid lucky, but I somehow doubt it. Also, has anyone ever seen a shiny zygarde? I don't want to attempt my first SR shiny legendary if it has a check on it like zekrom and the like.

THE ACE

playing the cards...
It's likely too early to tell, but does anyone know if the shiny rate in this game is higher? I was testing the friend safari just to see what would appear and caught a shiny pansage. I could have just gotten stupid lucky, but I somehow doubt it. Also, has anyone ever seen a shiny zygarde? I don't want to attempt my first SR shiny legendary if it has a check on it like zekrom and the like.

lately... many people have been getting shiny's... Already saw shiny fennekin and others... it's possible that the rate rose... that would be great! :D

absolfusion

Soon.......
I don't know if this has been discussed but I haven't seen anything about it on the main page,
Wonder room?

Something interesting just happened to me. I was in a battle with a klefki and it used wonder room before i moved. Now all the “room” moves usually always go last regardless of speed so either wonder room has lost its negative priority, or prankster now makes the room moves go first anyway,

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
Yeah the Wonder Trade is great. Your Poke Miles skyrocket with them! And if you get Scatterbugs, it's a good thing as since they're most likely from another region, you get a different Vivillon Pattern. :)

Last edited:

Rakurai

It supposedly has to do with where you save the game.

I've seen it mentioned that saving next to the cabs is a bad idea.

Rakurai

I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but I've noticed that in certain areas, there will randomly be a berry tree growing in the background during a battle, and using a move that creates a strong gust of wind like Air Cutter or Hurricane will knock the berries down, allowing you to retrieve them once the battle is over.

I wonder if this might be related to getting other items like White Herbs and Power Herbs after battle, as well.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
So the pokemon listings on serebii is not showing what the pokemon's moves are when they level up or what moves they can learn. And the upcoming strategy guide isn't gonna have the listings either. What's going on?

Rakurai

Hmm...

On the same area (Azure Bay), there was a giant mound of sand that appeared behind a wild Pokemon.

Wind Cutter didn't do anything to it, so I presume some other sort of move is needed.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Do wild pikachu still carry light balls?

I've been catching them for a while and I haven't gotten it...(Yes I know it's a low rate of appearance...but I haven't seen an oran berry either. and that's 50%.)

Magixx

Hello! Does anyone know how to add people to your friends in the PSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.