• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
Best breeding change ever.

This will make getting good Pokemon soooo much easier.

So, so, so, so, soooooooooooooooooo much yes, I am so happy that I have not just a perfect IV Ditto, but a Foreign Perfect IV Ditto, as soon as I can send it over, I'll make sure to get a perfect IV of whatever I wanna get, and start the amazing cycle of Masuda Method with that, Everstone, and just yes.

Senrab

Does anyone know how rain works? I want to evolve my Sliggoo but it hasn't rained anywhere in my game for days. :(

Rakurai

I get the impression Knock Off is going to be the move of choice for any Dark type that learns it. It's essentially a 130 BP attack with no drawbacks if the target is holding an item now.

It's just a pity they didn't have the insight to make some more potent moves on the special end for them.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
I get the impression Knock Off is going to be the move of choice for any Dark type that learns it. It's essentially a 130 BP attack with no drawbacks if the target is holding an item now.

It's just a pity they didn't have the insight to make some more potent moves on the special end for them.
Hmm? Did Knock Off get buffed?

Also, is there a list anywhere showing what old Pokemon got new moves? Specifically wondering about Mawile/Granbull getting Play Rough and Exploud getting Boomburst.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I love the games. but I do wish gym leaders were more competent and had slightly higher AI levels because so far I've maintained my team roughly at the same levels as the gym leaders but they've all been easy. the smartest move I've see. is clemont switching out to heliolisk after I used surf on emolga, since heliolisk' dry skin would have rendered surf useless.
but still I've only just beaten Valerie since I've been working and grinding. and the game is still fun. I just hope there's a higher level of difficulty by the next installment

also, I love the pokemon distribution this time around. you can make very diverse teams from the start. I love that, GG gamefreak.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Can anyone confirm whether or not Everstone WONT pass on natures with international parents? I wasnt sure if this was changed at some point, but IIRC in BW it wouldnt pass on the nature? Im trying to figure out the best way to MM a Shiny Protean Froakie in a Dive or Net Ball.

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
Protean activates before the attack initiates? Yays, my Kecleon will love this.

Rakurai

Greninja is going to really love that ability, as it effectively gives it STAB on everything, on top of potentially allowing it to actually survive a hit from something if its type change causes it to resist the opponent's attacks.

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
I wasn't aware of this
that's cool though it's almost like a psuedo multitype

I only know because I was in a fight with a Protean Frogadier in the Battle Maison a couple of hours ago. It used Bounce and the ability activated before the attack was carried out.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
that's cool!

I need help getting into the lost hotel. does anybody know what I need to be doing to get in? idk what I'm supposed to be wearing

Kamran11

that's cool!

I need help getting into the lost hotel. does anybody know what I need to be doing to get in? idk what I'm supposed to be wearing

how far are you into the game ? && Is it me or do you feel like they changed the effectiveness of when your paralyzed now ?

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
how far are you into the game ? && Is it me or do you feel like they changed the effectiveness of when your paralyzed now ?

I have 6 badges I just reached dendemille town
and I haven't noticed any difference with paralysis other than electric types no longer being prone to it and Affection being able to cure it automatically.

Kamran11

I have 6 badges I just reached dendemille town
and I haven't noticed any difference with paralysis other than electric types no longer being prone to it and Affection being able to cure it automatically.
Haven't reached nowhere near there , i would suggest you look at a playthrough of someone getting past that if your really having trouble. & Just me i guess

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Haven't reached nowhere near there , i would suggest you look at a playthrough of someone getting past that if your really having trouble. & Just me i guess

it's ok! they just said something about not having style but it's the punk kids so I'm not sure what exactly I'm supposed to be wearing, or if it's like the Lumiose boutique place where you have to "earn" style via certain actions.

sarysa

Series slave
Poor, poor Synchronize

I'm curious as to others' experiences with the Synchronize ability. It has taken a major hit due to electric types becoming immune to paralysis. I was a little nervous breeding it in with G5 because of the popularity of Breloom (and my Umbreon being a dead giveaway) but now I'm finding it almost never works when I'm doing Battle Maison battles. Many of the AI's poison stall teams are immune to poison, even the primary grass types. I'm pretty sure sleep has also failed to synchronize on some grass types. (memory...failing) It never worked on minor status ailments like confusion or infatuation, and in about 70 battles and with maybe 20 major status ailments tossed at the poor little guy, only one got successfully reflected back.

It's because of this that I deliberately chose Trace for my Ralts (instead of Synchronize on the freebie) and Inner Focus for my Abra. (that, and Fake Out is way overused, heh :p )

Is Synchronize dying out, to hopefully get a helping hand in Generation VII years down the road, or am I completely off base? (aka, is the AI just too smart to status torment my Umbreon when it would get reflected back)

On a related topic, the AI is absolutely brutal in the Maison. :p

Subira27

Looking for Tips/ help on pokemon Chaining. Also how to do it without pokeradar

Status
Not open for further replies.