• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Minecraft Discussion

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
[IMG139]http://www.livestream.com/filestore/logos/9d72a220-608a-d24a-8c46-ba5e6c27108c-banner.png[/IMG139]​

Well, we had a Minecraft thread a while back and it died out, and the OVGD section is getting low on threads so, figured hey why not.

Which version of Minecraft do you play? On the PC, Xbox, Pocket Edition, other?

Have screenshots of cool stuff you made? Have a server that you want people to play on?

Well, I have had so much school lately, I haven't had much time for the full version, but I do play Pocked edition every now and then, I'm currently just mining for diamonds, not really building anything special. What about you guys?

Go nuts.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Thanks for making a Minecraft thread! I have Minecraft on my Laptop and PS3! I like to hop on creative mode and create away! Then I end up playing Survival mode on my custom worlds. A few months ago I made a Mario statue, and a Luigi and Link one!

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums...t/javaw2013-09-2702-42-20-454_zpsa0be7d42.jpg

It was pretty fun to do. A lot of people make them. I really wanna make some Pokemon ones!

Jerre

Gogoat!
Thank for the Thread! :D

I play Minecraft on the PS3.
Currently have a wooden house with a smooth stone roof in the middle of the map on top of a small mountain. Because i have all the time swimming over the rivers, i made with alot of wood from my chest 2 bridge with stone pillers beneath it.

Currently have a enchanted Diamond Pickaxe, other iron tools and alot of Iron Ingots. Enough to make stuff. I went into the Nether, but dumb enough, i destroyed the spawns and crafted the blaze rods. So no brewing stand. Only blaze powder... bcuz i had alot of water bottles for the potions. :/

Going to hunt after some Endermen to find and activate the end portal and fight the Ender Dragon. I already founded a Stonghold, but didn't fully explore it, so i might find an end portal.

Btw, Nintendofan. Those are awesome!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Thanks Jerre! I'm gonna start building up some Pokemon related stuff this week I can't wait! I think i'm gonna start up a whole new world on my PS3 version of Minecraft. I'll make it a Pokemon world filled with tons of Pokemon related things!

Aurath8

I need to find a way of enabling Hunger without hostile mobs. I want to play Minecraft as some weird kind of blocky, 3D, open world, construction-orientated version of Harvest Moon. That it is to say, I want it to be focused on growing stuff as well as mining, building, mapping the world and terraforming.
Anyone know any mods that can do that?

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I need to find a way of enabling Hunger without hostile mobs. I want to play Minecraft as some weird kind of blocky, 3D, open world, construction-orientated version of Harvest Moon. That it is to say, I want it to be focused on growing stuff as well as mining, building, mapping the world and terraforming.
Anyone know any mods that can do that?
So you still want to play MC with the survival aspect just no mobs to attack you. You can actually do this without installing any mods. There's a game rule that you do that'll make hostile mobs not spawn naturally. Have cheats enabled and type "/gamerule doMobSpawning false" exactly, then you shouldn't see any hostile mobs spawn unless you use a spawn egg.
You can see all the different gamerules just scroll down to see it. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Commands#Operator-only_commands

Last edited:

Jerre

Gogoat!
PS3 and 360 users. If anyone of you want to try my current map seed, here it is.

X: 0 Y: 84 Z: 148 is where i builded my wooden house.

Small mushroom biome on the upper right corner of the map. With huge mountain on it.

Left side, middle. Huge jungle biome. The rest is alot of mountains and trees, especially the middle where my house is located.

X: 131 Y: 28 Z: 174
Stronghold entrance.

Too bad, there's no village. Although, generate structures is enabled.

Correct me if i'm wrong on these locations.

Aurath8

So you still want to play MC with the survival aspect just no mobs to attack you. You can actually do this without installing any mods. There's a game rule that you do that'll make hostile mobs not spawn naturally. Have cheats enabled and type "/gamerule doMobSpawning false" exactly, then you shouldn't see any hostile mobs spawn unless you use a spawn egg.
You can see all the different gamerules just scroll down to see it. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Commands#Operator-only_commands

Nice. Now if only you could do that in Creative...
I've quickly realized that trying to build and grow things in survival will just take incredibly long amounts of time. I've done 55 hours so far, and all I've managed is a dirt road, a little hut to house materials, one excavated cavern and a horse. Gathering and placing those materials is far too time consuming but the worst thing is clearing the land to make way for that in the first place. It's weird that one of the harder(read:longer) things to do in Minecraft is simply to make a flat plain from natural land.

tl;dr i cba doing the hard work for building.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I've been meaning to post on the other MC thread, but good to see it revamped.

I own Minecraft on the 360. Currently have a new world where I'm constructing a house on a lake, and conveniently enough, I've found some submerged passages that lead to dungeons. Still fixing my house up, so I'll save the exploration for later as I already have another little resource area for coal and iron.

On my other world (which is my first), I have a house situated in a Taiga biome, along with five enchanted Diamond Picks, three Diamond swords and one Diamond hoe (getting sick of using Stone Hoes that break easily, so what the hell). My original world is arguably my best, as I've already beat the Ender Dragon and have all the farms, tools, and supplies I need. Should be able to send a few screenshots later on.

Night_Walker

Tried out the demo after spending loads of time laughing my head off at RT Let's Plays, found I absolutely loved it.

So bought a digital copy for my 360. Thoroughly enjoying it, at the moment just working on building myself a nice big stone-brick house in the form of a castle - got lucky and found a chasm that's led to rich pickings for me... although I've been creeped, shot and zombied a few times while I've been exploiting it.

Looking forward to a PS4 and or Vita edition later in the year so I can finally take it with me and such.

Astinus

That's why I like watching Minecraft LPs. There's just such a variety of ways to play the game that each person does something different.

I play Minecraft on the PC. Haven't touched the game in a while. The last time I played, I started a brand-new world that seemed pretty decent. Started me right off in an area with some coal and iron ore. I didn't have much time to explore the world further, so I don't know if that's the only good section.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I hope they announce more skin packs for the PS3 edition. Playing as sly or cole would be amazing.

worldwaker

Elebug disaproves
started a new world last night to be like mindcrack,and it was crazy how much iron i got,a got 1.5 stacks in 10 minutes.best,spawn.ever

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I'm planning to make jump/mini maps that have a PokéGym feel to them. Mods will be included, and when I share the map, they will be required.
For example, the Rock Gym will be an X-run-like map in the Grand Mine Dimension from the Miner's Deluxe mod! And thanx to this mod, I can use glowing glass for the Fairy Gym and not be worried about not having stained glass in 1.6.4.
The Bug gym will require the AntiPlant Virus mod so I can add in all those cool bugs for aesthetics.
The Normal Gym will be difficult. What kind of concepts should be used on that type of gym? Should it be a simple parkour map?
Another thing to note is since the gyms will require mods with various mobs, Pixelmon will not be compatible with them. :/

your_worst_nightmare

Pokerman Master
I have the xbox version, I usually swap between creative and survival. Currently on my recent creative mode I'm building a roller coaster with tunnels and going into the mouth of a creeper and later a flying ender dragon. I tend to get bored of my survival worlds after a few days so I create new ones. Honestly I wish they would expand the map or something like the pc version so you have more places to explore. On my recent survival (started this morning) I'm playing on hard. I spawned in the middle of all the biomes(flipping awesome), and so far I've only built a temp house from the dark wood pine you find in the snow biome. I've obtained about a stack of coal and half of iron, and that's within the first hour of playing. I plan on later making tree houses in the jungle and calling it my permanent home on the world.
I would personally enjoy company while playing on minecraft when I do get on. Normally in the morning till the afternoon, I have to share the xbox with hubby because he broke mine.. (last time I let him use my electronics and try to "clean" them). I try to get some me time by playing minecraft what with taking care of my new daughter and house chores. Normally I can play for 2-4 hours when she naps give or take.
But I'd be mare than happy to play with any other xbox users. People who want to play with someone other than their selves and their imaginary friend that is :p and don't worry I'm not an old fart, I'm only 20 lol. If anyone wants to play with me send me a msg :) I'll give you my gt.

(I'm secretly bored of playing by myself >_< )

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'm planning on doing a Nintendo project on Minecraft PS3 edition when I have time. I wanna create a new world in Minecraft and make it all about Nintendo. It will be a fun project! I just need the time to do it!

I will include anything Nintendo related such as Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Earthbound ect. Anything Nintendo related.