1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

General R/S FAQ, Game Help for Newbies, and Berry Glitch Info

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by Geodude, Apr 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geodude

Geodude Well-Known Member

I'm restarting this old sticky and combining it with the Berry Glitch one. The old ones were getting really long, and too many long stickies just look messy to me.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2004
  2. Geodude

Part 2...too long to put all in one post...
    Mirage Island
    The appearance of Mirage Island is completely random. There seems to be some sort of hidden value in each of your Pokemon that determines whether or not the man can see it. Just keep going back to that man in Pacifidlog with different Pokemon on different days. It's even rarer than the chance of finding a shiny, but you might be fortunate. The only things on Mirage Island, though, are some wild Wynaut and a patch of Liechi Berries, but *I think* you can get Liechi Berries from e-Cards anyway. Can anyone confirm this? You can also get a Liechi Berry from the EB Colosseum fix. See below. So Mirage Island isn't exactly one of the most rewarding ventures in the game, unless you don't have an e-Reader. The Liechi Berries are good, they raise Speed when HP drops below 1/3.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2004
  3. Geodude

Now for the Berry Glitch info...putting this in the 3rd post to avoid dealing with the character limit...

The "special gift" is a shiny Zigzagoon with a Liechi Berry, so if you get the patch that way, you don't have to worry about Mirage Island.

Also, if you live in the UK and finish the PAL Pokemon Channel, you can also get Jirachi and fix the Berry Glitch that way.

4. Oort

Oort Guest

Good FAQ.

The link supposed to take you to the shedinja pokedex page takes you to gloom.

5. that too my friend is spam.
    With the berry glitch fixed, will colosseum still try to fix your game when it's first put in? and does that take time for colosseum to realise that your game has been fixed

6. Senator Kiwi

Senator Kiwi Guest

Just to let everyone know, saying that something is spam is spam. :)

Anyways, thanks to Geodude for specifying when you can get TM 36, I asked that question. Also, maybe we could add an item guide or something. Which Pokemon holds Chesto Berries? I am out of them, i used them all for BerryBlocks.

7. Xgamer4

Xgamer4 Guest

Nice FAQ. You might want to explain what Individual Values (IV's) are also.
    oh yeah. And the Acronymn of Effort Values is EV not EP.

8. Geodude

Answering the last 4 posts:

1) Thanks, I'll fix that later.

2) Don't think so.

3) Chesto Berries can be obtained from the berry guy in Lilycove (they're one of the random berries he gives you) as well as very rarely from wild Whismur and Loudred. All you need is one, really, since you can grow more from it.

4) The EP/IV/DV sticky will be separate. I haven't gotten to it yet.

9. Max

Max Guest

Mirage Island Note!

I know how to make Mirage Island appear! You need a "Mirage Island-friendly" Pokemon with you. It's entirely random, the Pokemon is...

:000:

10. Geodude

No. Mirage Island has absolutely nothing to do with Missingno.

11. T.R.A.S.H

T.R.A.S.H Guest

I was wondering if i could know where in the sky pillar could i catch altaria and the chances of finding 1!!!...
    Sorry if this isnt the right place to post it, i just thought that it wasnt worth opening a thread for such a simple question!!!...

12. Pinky_chu

Pinky_chu Guest

5th floor...it's a bit rare, but it's worth it

13. Where is a moon stone in pokemon ruby? I want to evole my skitty!

14. Geodude

Meteor Falls, just past where you met Cozmo and TA/TM. Better wait to evolve Skitty until at least level 37 when it learns Heal Bell.

15. Thanks a lot!! Its level 41 so its all good

16. Pinky_chu

Pinky_chu Guest

does anybody know where blackbelt is??? i can't seem to find it in route 115...

17. DSW

DSW Dual-Screen Wonder

I'm having trouble evolving my eevee into umbreon. No matter what I do, it always evolves into espeon. Thank goodness for that B button trick. Anyways, how do you do it?

18. Tannim

Tannim Guest

blackbelt

if you fight the martial artists training near the exit to meteor fails about 4 -5 times his machoke ? machamp will be wearing a blackbelt that you can thief/covert

19. galleon

galleon Guest

To get umbreon you have to evolve eevee during the evening when you do it during day time it will evolve into a espeon.

20. 'Fro-Dizzy

'Fro-Dizzy Guest

Not in Ru/Sa/Fr/Lg you don't. The evolution of Eevee into Espeon or Umbreon is random, just like Wurmple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.