• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Rival/Recurring Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
The dub season began with Enter Elesa, Electrifying Gym Leader!.

Let's pretend that the dub season will end with the Homika episodes so that the third season beings with BW2. So far (up to the current japanese episodes) These are how many times the rivals have shown up.
Trip: 4
Bianca: 7
Stephan: 5
Georgia: 5 (Including Tesseed Research Institute! Iris and Baivanilla!!)
Burgundy: 5

-------------------------------

Personally I am conflicted of how Trip has been portrayed. I love the fact that Trip isn't beating everyone and winning everything and has been shown to be the rookie that he really is. Although they have been making him a little too pathetic.

Bianca, Stephan, and Georgia, I'm content with. Bianca has shown considerable growth and has been mellowed out a little bit. Stephan won both the Tower thing and the Clubsplosion (Donamite). Although I wish he could see something other than Zebstrika and Sawk. Georgia is fine. I love the fact that she pushes Iris to become stronger and be a Dragon Master... something that she is slaking on.

Burgundy... oh Burgundy... she is the joke. She was even the first human to go blasting off. That just shows how much of a butt monkey she is now. She's the old Team Rocket. I would like it if she became a B-Rank Connaisseuse. She would rival Cilan a little more closely, as we all know he needs a challenge nowadays.

most of them do need a lot more development. I'm still hoping for trip to get something with Marshall and maybe alder. burgundy desperately needs a win (preferablely against cilan but id settle for anyone). biancas had pleanty of appearances and has vastly improved since her debut so im content with her. Stephen and Georgia are both strong enough but they could do with a bit more character development

Trip isn't a rookie. The only rookie is Bianca.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.

Trip isn't a rookie but Bianca is when she beat Trip in a battle? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

BlueDragonfangirl

Trip makes me sad, every time he appears he looses and not even to AshXD Plus, he hardly gets screen time. I honestly think Pokemon just hates him. So, he gets killed off and replaced by a new one cuz they feel the've done worse than even Kenny from the previous series. The other rivals I'm fine with, I hope Ash's new rival is better maybe even N? I can I wish right?

XxEpicsxX

I just don't care
I want Georgia to appear more. She's my favorite Unova rival and she's better written than the others. She's not the same joke repeated over and over (Bianca, Burgundy), is actually a threat (Trip), and is actually a rival-y rival (Stephan). Burgundy and Trip at this point feel like lost causes. Stephan doesn't feel like a rival at all. Bianca's fine appearance wise.

PrinceGray

Anti-Hero of Serebii
Burgundy... oh Burgundy... she is the joke. She was even the first human to go blasting off. That just shows how much of a butt monkey she is now. She's the old Team Rocket. I would like it if she became a B-Rank Connaisseuse. She would rival Cilan a little more closely, as we all know he needs a challenge nowadays.

Burgundy becoming the butt monkey is hopefully making way for Ash getting Samurott. pretty funny.

If they just gave Trip a few more wins I think I would take him more seriously.

I'm fairly certain he's gonna beat ash a few more times before the league. just hope he gets wins against someone else as well

G50

No longer posting

They are both rookies...

I'm fairly certain he's gonna beat ash a few more times before the league. just hope he gets wins against someone else as well

He should beat more people, at least 3 times. Although I wouldn't be shocked if he only beats Ash...

BlueDragonfangirl

That'd be just stupid, what Pokemon should do is have Ash win a few times against Trip finally, than have the guy get better after realizing his mistakes of being too overconfident and thinking Kanto people are lame. The guys been loosing over and over again to other people, see him win against Ash now would just be sad. They are just giving Ash a new rival any ways, Trip can be filler rival and be beaten by Ash right away with so much of a sweat, now that'd be funny and ironic.

G50

No longer posting
That'd be just stupid, what Pokemon should do is have Ash win a few times against Trip finally, than have the guy get better after realizing his mistakes of being too overconfident and thinking Kanto people are lame. The guys been loosing over and over again to other people, see him win against Ash now would just be sad. They are just giving Ash a new rival any ways, Trip can be filler rival and be beaten by Ash right away with so much of a sweat, now that'd be funny and ironic.

Unfortunately, I don't think the writers will do that. They seem content on him only winning 2-3 times against each of his rivals...

I could see him winning only once more.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
So much for going all "Rival Destinies".

Trip has pretty much been the most disappointing rival, maybe ever. He started off challenging Ash a lot and being a threat, but his last two appearances have been using that terrible Gurdurr/Conkeldurr and getting curbstomped. I really hope we get a 6vs6 battle soon.

G50

No longer posting
So much for going all "Rival Destinies".
Trip has pretty much been the most disappointing rival, maybe ever. He started off challenging Ash a lot and being a threat, but his last two appearances have been using that terrible Gurdurr/Conkeldurr and getting curbstomped. I really hope we get a 6vs6 battle soon.

I think their 6-on-6 battle may not be until the League... if at all.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I think their 6-on-6 battle may not be until the League... if at all.

Then he needs to be established as a threat unless he's being dropped as Ash's main rival.

G50

No longer posting
Then he needs to be established as a threat unless he's being dropped as Ash's main rival.

Maybe he could be Ash's second rival that's in the Tournament, and beat one or two of the top opponents. That would boost him quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.